Bud Light boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
Authoritarian and fascist are not the same thing. I do fear that we are living through the violent death throws of long held racism that are being propagated by the dissolution of assumptive power.
I fear we're living in the violent death throes of a once great republic caused by people who think laws are suggestions and the Constitution is written in sand. JMHO.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Doesn't matter what 1/2 the states do, those under 18 don't need to make life altering gender decisions.
First you say "There are reasons you gotta be 18 to get a Tat." But when I show that's actually not the case, it doesn't matter. Ok.

It's really simple. If you don't want your kids to make gender altering decisions, great. You have that right as a parent. But stop trying to push your beliefs onto other people.

Reactions: dgsmith15

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Again(3rd time?), you are bringing unrelated issues into this discussion. Being upset over Bud Light paying Dylan to push beer, because a 2nd grade teacher in Ohio talked to her class about ***** identities, is flat out nuts.
Be upset over the things that are upsetting. Transferring that outrage onto something like this Bud Light issue is misdirected.
I'm not upset over anything. I'm not even upset over you misreading (or not reading?) my post. I'm just pointing out your mistake.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
You don’t go to coffee shops.

They’re extremely common.
Meh, if it's a one seater. You don't see multi-urinal set ups with men and women together. I'm cool with it being a one seater.
Except when green apple splatters hit. Then it's a problem.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
First you say "There are reasons you gotta be 18 to get a Tat." But when I show that's actually not the case, it doesn't matter. Ok.

It's really simple. If you don't want your kids to make gender altering decisions, great. You have that right as a parent. But stop trying to push your beliefs onto other people.
Gender affirming care for those under 18 is SICK. And the vast majority of normal people feel the same.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
Dude, that's your problem, not mine. A "right wing death squad" member, his name not mine, just mowed down a crowd, for just one. Florida is enacting a vendetta against a major company because they like their stance on a political issue. And you tried a damn coup!

When is the last time? Jan 6th!

Those things are not actually happening, outside of some fringe case where even people like me would agree with you. That's not what this is about, clearly. The nuts on your side want MUCH more than just keeping kids out of drag shows. And you side with them. And here's the deciding point: who in power actually agrees with the nuts on either side?
cant take anything you say seriously if you think Jan 6 was a coup

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The political party definitions from 30 years ago aren't really valid and I think you know that. So Duke might have been a democrat in the 1980s but his beliefs don't at all map onto the beliefs held by other democrats of the last 15-20 years. Plus, Duke has been a registered republican since like 1989. Other than when he entered one race as a member of the Reform Party after he lost the republican primary.
And neither does original formation of right-wing, left-wing (which described an actual physical arrangement) brought forward to today without acknowledging that the competitive landscape of today doesn't match it. Communists and fascists were on opposite wings because they were competing in the same lane so to speak. If you did left/right wing today, both communism and fascism would be on the left wing.

THe reality is that no political party caters to white supremacists or neo nazis. The last party to do so were democrats, and they eventually made a choice not to (hopefully largely for moral reasons but as a practical matter also because it became untenable to be the party of white supremacists and black people). You'll eventually see the same thing with antisemitism and jewish people I think.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Correct, I didnt say white supremacy groups. The post I was responding to did say that. My post was piggybacking on that other post.
As I said, you often struggle to understand things and I was kind enough to give you the opportunity to recognize what you had claimed and walk back from it.

Instead of retracting an absolutely insane comment, you rambled about Antifa.
"You're stupid & I am smart, magnanimous, and ever so kind to give you the opportunity to acknowledge your stupidity & learn from me how to not be quite as ignorant".

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Gender affirming care for those under 18 is SICK. And the vast majority of normal people feel the same.
Again, you're just offering an opinion as if it's a fact. It's not. Most polling shows that the issue is fairly split, with people opposed to laws that criminalize the act of providing gender-transition medical care to minors slightly in the lead (54%). Only 43% of people are in favor of laws that restrict gender affirming care to minors.

Reactions: dgsmith15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login