Bud Light boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Patriotic.
You often struggle to understand things, so I will spell out what you just replied to.

I asked what I should classify a white supremacist/nazi group has MAGA flags and vocally supports Trump.
You just said I should call that white supremacist group 'patriotic'.

Here is your chance to retract that dumb comment. Care to step backwards?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
You often struggle to understand things, so I will spell out what you just replied to.

I asked what I should classify a white supremacist/nazi group has MAGA flags and vocally supports Trump.
You just said I should call that white supremacist group 'patriotic'.

Here is your chance to retract that dumb comment. Care to step backwards?
All you said was MAGA supporters not white supremacy groups. White Supremacy groups are so little in numbers and are dwarfed by Communists and Woke Folk on The Left. BLM and Antifa do much more harm than racists.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
My comment about trans girls was specific to high school sports, which are competitive.
I am fully on board with a rec league having their own rules and allowing coed or trans situations. A youth volleyball league my kids played in between 4th and 6th grades allowed boys and there were usually 2 or so boys(out of 16 teams and 150 kids). At that age, their hand-eye coordination is often better, but they arent physically more dominant and the game is largely played evenly. Cool- that works.

I have worked with a few trans kids thru a mentorship program I help run. They were teens at the time and transitioning. All were measurably weaker during transition and after, compared to their strength before(all were trans girls). This is related to cycling as the at risk teem mentorship program was based around cycling. We moved Heaven and Earth to ensure the kids felt safe and supported because they were all awesome kids who we knew before the transitions and they continued to be awesome kids after. I am totally on board with accepting and the delicate balance that is needed for ensuring they fit in without drawing attention.
The non-competitive program was perfect for them as a result.
I struggle with the line between supportive of what someone is and the possibility of body dysmorphia being in play. However, I recognize that I'm not an expert on any of it, and I'm firmly committed to treating others well, even if I don't understand the situation at all. If more people got to know humans who were not like them, they might find out that they are in fact, human.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I struggle with the line between supportive of what someone is and the possibility of body dysmorphia being in play. However, I recognize that I'm not an expert on any of it, and I'm firmly committed to treating others well, even if I don't understand the situation at all. If more people got to know humans who were not like them, they might find out that they are in fact, human.
Cool. But leave our children alone and let them grow up and make up their own MATURE Minds.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You mean legislative actions that object to this schit in public schools? You approve of this schit?

Oh, the Daily Caller has entered the chat.

I think there are some books that are accessible to all students which are inappropriate for certain ages. I also think there are a few books that are in libraries that are inappropriate for any ages as I question the benefit of having them.

With that said, the worst thing we can do is create widespread legislation that bans all books or bans all discussion of race, sexuality, oppression, etc.

I have, unfortunately, been involved in multiple book ban discussions in my state and listened to some ignorant state politicians speak on a topic they clearly dont understand. To a T, these ban demands have all come directly from Moms for Liberty and almost none of the books were actually ready by those complaining. Further, they wanted to all outright ban the books instead of categorize them into appropriate age material.
They have all pushed for just outright bans because they are following an extremist group's recommendations.
Divisive material should be taught and learned- it is how we grow. Kids, at certain ages, are not only able to handle divisive concepts, but they are hungry for the concepts.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

I think there are some books that are accessible to all students which are inappropriate for certain ages. I also think there are a few books that are in libraries that are inappropriate for any ages as I question the benefit of having them.

With that said, the worst thing we can do is create widespread legislation that bans all books or bans all discussion of race, sexuality, oppression, etc.

I have, unfortunately, been involved in multiple book ban discussions in my state and listened to some ignorant state politicians speak on a topic they clearly dont understand. To a T, these ban demands have all come directly from Moms for Liberty and almost none of the books were actually ready by those complaining. Further, they wanted to all outright ban the books instead of categorize them into appropriate age material.
They have all pushed for just outright bans because they are following an extremist group's recommendations.
Divisive material should be taught and learned- it is how we grow. Kids, at certain ages, are not only able to handle divisive concepts, but they are hungry for the concepts.
I gave an example of what parents object to, now give me an example of one that shouldn't be banned that was. Oh, and don't blame the source when actual footage of a school board meeting is shared.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I like some of your posts, but on this topic your head is fully up your @SS. I think I should be able to forcefully reply to someone downplaying the Proud Boys without being criticized for it or it being taken as evidence of impolite overall discussion, especially considering the reply to Podgy just above it, that is very civil because that person is not defending actual Nazis and traitors.
Quit making my point for me and trying to bait me because I don't give a **** what you think.

Reactions: blacklistedbully

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
All you said was MAGA supporters not white supremacy groups. White Supremacy groups are so little in numbers and are dwarfed by Communists and Woke Folk on The Left. BLM and Antifa do much more harm than racists.
Correct, I didnt say white supremacy groups. The post I was responding to did say that. My post was piggybacking on that other post.
As I said, you often struggle to understand things and I was kind enough to give you the opportunity to recognize what you had claimed and walk back from it.

Instead of retracting an absolutely insane comment, you rambled about Antifa.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
What's the number at which I can reasonably begin to be concerned?
You personally? Beats me. Depends on where you live, what other things might harm you to a greater extent and your personality. 200,000 people apparently die from medical mistakes annually. Imagine if each one of those were covered regularly by the national media. More kids die in bathrooms.

Reactions: Boom Boom

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
No Parent or doctor has the right to mutiliate a child's body.
Great job using incendiary language for something that doesn't happen nearly as often as you think it does. I think there's a lot of kids who are going to be disappointed they can't get their ears pierced. Or teens who won't be able to get a nose piercing or a tattoo.

Reactions: dgsmith15

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Agreed on genital removal. But what about non-permanent medical care that the experts recommend? You favor state power banning non-permanent medical care for minors that the child, parents, and experts all recommend?
"Experts?" At this early stage? Some European countries are rethinking care for gender dysphoria in teens. Let's be patient. And treating adults is different. And I don't favor non-permanent bans but endocrine disrupters can have permanent effects on teens. Let's not act like they're antihistamines. Some of these teens are autistic so maybe slow down a bit and provide long-term counseling. Saying non-permanent without specifically mentioning a treatment doesn't tell me much.

Reactions: Boom Boom

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Great job using incendiary language for something that doesn't happen nearly as often as you think it does. I think there's a lot of kids who are going to be disappointed they can't get their ears pierced. Or teens who won't be able to get a nose piercing or a tattoo.
Let me steal a phrase from another poster: How many kids need to be mutilated and given treatments that prevent them from ever having an orgasm in life, I mean receive gender affirming care, before I should be reasonably concerned?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I gave an example of what parents object to, now give me an example of one that shouldn't be banned that was. Oh, and don't blame the source when actual footage of a school board meeting is shared.
1- I dont dispute this as having happened. I commented on The Daily Caller because its a hack site and has been shown to be a hack site. That doesnt mean all things are incorrect that come from it though, which is why I accept this video as having happened and didnt blame The Daily Caller.

2- You gave an extreme example of what some parents object to. It is one that I would be OK with banning.
Since you asked for examples, here are 6 that were challenged in a couple of local wealthy school districts. Dont comment on them until you actually read them, mmkay?
the bluest eye
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Hate U Give
the absolutely true diary of a part-time indian
all boys aren't blue
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
No Parent or doctor has the right to mutiliate a child's body.
My oldest had 5 teeth removed and got braces when she was younger. Purely cosmetic.
What if she wants her nose changed at 16. Purely cosmetic.

Is this permanent surgery also body mutilation?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You’re putting the cart before the horse.

And I did say generally accepted.

Outside of those issues, in what way are they not accepted now? Again, I recognize there are shitheads, and there will probably be fewer shitheads on this issue in the future, but in general, most people don't care. People generally want single sex bathrooms (or at least women generally do; not sure many men would be bothered if a female that is transgendered wanted to use the men's restroom). They want women sports to not include men. They don't want sexual stuff generally around their kids, granted that what people consider inappropriate by age group varies wildly. It really is only an issue for publicly funded institutions and public spaces.

The sports authorities are leaning towards science and making eligibility decisions accordingly when it comes to gender qualifications— going by testosterone levels chiefly.

I would dispute that just because you can measure something that it's leaning towards science. I would be a good bit of money that after getting testosterone levels down, men will still clock in at a much higher percentile among women than they did among men prior to starting treatment for whatever trait you want to measure (40 time, vertical, bench, squat, etc.). Good luck ever running that study though.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
How many kids need to be given treatments that receive gender affirming care, before I should be reasonably concerned?
Let me fix your question to be more based in reality. And the answer to it is none. Unless you have your own kids, then the answer is the number of kids you have.

Stop trying to parent other people's kids.

Reactions: dgsmith15

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My oldest had 5 teeth removed and got braces when she was younger. Purely cosmetic.

There are reasons you gotta be 18 to get a Tat. Same rules for gender mutilation.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
AB knew there would be backlash, they just underestimated the magnitude. Other companies, like Ulta, had marketed with Mulvaney and faced backlash, but survived. Even though AB now seems to be blaming an outside marketing agency for the can, it still had to be approved.

It's easy in hindsight to say this was a bad decision. But they were simply trying to market their beer to the 4 million or so people who follow Mulvaney's social media account, and the other people who have given her video series over 1 Billion views. They figured there would be backlash but that it was worth the risk.

I really don't know what's wrong with marketing your product to a pro-trans demographic. The only message they are sending is inclusivity.

And the kicker is, unless you follow Mulvaney on social media, you never would have known about the sponsorship...but Tucker Carlson, Kid Rock, etc al. decided to quit complaining about the Green M&M not being sexy enough, and jump on board the latest outrage.

I don't drink lite beers and hardly any other AB products, so I don't care if they are boycotted. I also had never heard of Dylan Mulvaney before this started. I just don't understand the outrage over marketing to trans people. Would you get upset if they marketed to other groups you find bothersome....like Disney fans?
Funny how the left demands "inclusion", even to the point of violence, except if you are conservative, or even a liberal who has pushed back even a little on the lunacy coming from the left now.

ETA - And they don't demand just inclusion, but celebration. They don't want to allow even a "live-and-let-die" approach. Nope...you MUST agree with them and accept as fact everything they believe in, or else!

Reactions: PhredPhantom

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If the group has MAGA flags and vocally supports Trump, how should I politically classify them?
In the context of this discussion, I would say if they have any political clout or if they target politicians. Paganists probably support Democrats? I'm not sure paganism is left wing though. Nobody caters to them so they end up somewhere that's not really clearly dictated by any particular salient left/right divide. White supremacists are basically the same. They were overwhelmingly democrats. Even when they lost out in the "interest group heirarchy" they generally stayed democrats. Over time they stopped supporting democrats and started supporting republicans, unless they decided to hate both. The last politician to be openly white supremacist without renouncing it was I guess David Duke? He wasn't a republican.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

Shirley you're not putting getting braces and rhinoplasty on the same level as a sex change?

Can we agree those 2 procedures are on different levels?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
LOL! You forgot fascist and racist. Did I do that right? :rolleyes:
Authoritarian and fascist are not the same thing. I do fear that we are living through the violent death throws of long held racism that are being propagated by the dissolution of assumptive power.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
You can get a tattoo under the age of 18 in more than half of the states in this country.

It'd be great if you guys would rely on actual facts to make your arguments.
Doesn't matter what 1/2 the states do, those under 18 don't need to make life altering gender decisions.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Sure and I offer you the same advice. Have a good day.
Ok...except that I do care what you say, at least enough to give a counter to a poor argument. I'm sure you have thick enough skin to handle that better the next time. Have a good day.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Funny how the left demands "inclusion", even to the point of violence, except if you are conservative, or even a liberal who has pushed back even a little on the lunacy coming from the left now.
If you get to do that, may I call "the right" violent election-denying insurrectionists? Or is "the left" the only tribe hijacked by unreasonable people that want to force their minority positions on the masses - sometimes by force.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010

I wonder if this is what Chairman Mao told the people of China. As far as "book banning" goes in schools, there is a different standard when we are talking about young, impressionable minds who HAVE NO CHOICE about the matter. If they are required to read or listen to a teacher, then it is damn well the right of people who are against this to demand a say. I'd say the same thing about anyone wanting to make Mein Kampf, or any actual white-supremist BS required reading.

And if you don't think this crap is mostly about indoctrination you are fooling yourself.

Last edited:

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
The last politician to be openly white supremacist without renouncing it was I guess David Duke? He wasn't a republican.
The political party definitions from 30 years ago aren't really valid and I think you know that. So Duke might have been a democrat in the 1980s but his beliefs don't at all map onto the beliefs held by other democrats of the last 15-20 years. Plus, Duke has been a registered republican since like 1989. Other than when he entered one race as a member of the Reform Party after he lost the republican primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login