CFB is dead! Our attendance problem isn’t just a MSU problem!**

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
He was older than most of them, duh. He came in the first Leach class, i.e. he was at the beginning of the build process. And they were lining up to play. 4 star Sawyer Robertson in 2021, 4 star Braden Locke in 2022, 4 star Chris Parson in 2023. And don't say Sawyer muh sucks, well, of course not all of them are going to pan out.

I can do this all day, bruh. You're so wrong on Leach you don't even realize how stupid you sound.
Why couldn't he replace Rogers if he was so bad? That's what good coaches do.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Based off recruiting trends, I think what we saw from Leach in ‘22 was likely the peak of what he would’ve done here. We probably make a bowl game last year with Leach as our coach but 2024 and beyond I would’ve had some pretty big concerns. His staff was really struggling in recruiting and skill players were starting to notice some of the Air Raid’s limitations.
Yep
I don't know where you got that information and formed your opinion, but if it's the recruitniks, etc., then that is subjective.

What is NOT subjective, is Leach's track record at Texas Tech and Washington State. Can't be debated.

I'm sure you would have complained about his 'crootin' at those two stops too.
Nor can his record here. It wasn't great.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Any idea where we'd be if all our fans shared this opinion? We're still in this schit man. Dis Ain't no time to go French.
Sure, and I guess that I'm happy that we have enough fans willing to toss their money into someone else's hands and hope that it goes to good use. That ain't me, though. If State wants more of my money to be donated to NIL, they've got to do a better job in telling me where it's going.

And let me just add... guys, it's not like they don't have the data. If I had to toss out a guess as to why there's so little transparency, it's because they don't exactly love the idea of the general public knowing where this money is going. It's a lot easier to advertise that NIL helped us keep guys like Tolu and Dakota Jordan than it is to tell us that $100k went to some kid's Navigator that he then drove through the portal 12 months later

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Based off recruiting trends, I think what we saw from Leach in ‘22 was likely the peak of what he would’ve done here. We probably make a bowl game last year with Leach as our coach but 2024 and beyond I would’ve had some pretty big concerns. His staff was really struggling in recruiting and skill players were starting to notice some of the Air Raid’s limitations.
LOL

oh yea, good argument. Second full season for a two time national coach of the year, least physically talented qb of his entire career and he goes 9-4 , but he never ever could have a better record because MSUDC said so. Get out of here with that BS

much more likely this program has seen its peak and won’t top what Leach did again. Wake me up when football Goes 9-4 again. Don’t see it in the next 10 years.

Last edited:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
LOL

oh yea, good argument. Second full season for a two time national coach of the year, least physically talented qb of his entire career and he goes 9-4 , but he never ever could have a better record because MSUDC said so. GTFO

much more likely this program has seen its peak and won’t top what Leach did again. Wake me up when football Goes 9-4 again. Don’t see it in the next 10 years.
I mean it’s just my opinion. You’re free to think whatever you want. Leach is one of my favorite coaches in CFB history. But I personally didn’t get the sense that our talent level was on its way to improving. It was actually trending the other way defensively, and at best kinda staying in the same spot on offense. We were still depending heavily on guys brought in by Moorhead (and in some cases Dan Mullen!)

It’s also easy to declare 2022 a huge success now with the 9-4 record, but that Ole Miss game was a huge swing game. If he loses that game, the perception is he’d been going into 2023 on the hot seat. The LSU and Kentucky games specifically were big sources of frustration for many and viewed as missed opportunities.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Yea if he lost games he won last year his record would have been worse. Good point.

Im sure going .500 in the sec in your first two full seasons and 9-4 in your second year during the NIL/transfer era is a piece of cake. So how how many times do you see it happening over the next twenty years ?

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Sure, and I guess that I'm happy that we have enough fans willing to toss their money into someone else's hands and hope that it goes to good use. That ain't me, though. If State wants more of my money to be donated to NIL, they've got to do a better job in telling me where it's going.

And let me just add... guys, it's not like they don't have the data. If I had to toss out a guess as to why there's so little transparency, it's because they don't exactly love the idea of the general public knowing where this money is going. It's a lot easier to advertise that NIL helped us keep guys like Tolu and Dakota Jordan than it is to tell us that $100k went to some kid's Navigator that he then drove through the portal 12 months later
To be fair, you're talking about something all ADs face, not just MSU.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

You make good points which is why I want salary caps & contracts similar to professional sports. No ship jumping every year by players. Pay them something within reason that say the top 75 teams or so have the budgets they can afford. And yes transparency like professional sports. Fer now though we gotta play the schitty hand that's been dealt.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

It’s more like they don’t want every player or every other school knowing what every other player got.

Reactions: Seinfeld

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I thought we were going to retitle this thread to "Let's All **** on The Pirate" since he's the only ****** coach we've had at the school.

I thought we had a few craptastic coaches before, and after that, we could blame some of this craptastic play on, but I was wrong.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
He was older than most of them, duh. He came in the first Leach class, i.e. he was at the beginning of the build process. And they were lining up to play. 4 star Sawyer Robertson in 2021, 4 star Braden Locke in 2022, 4 star Chris Parson in 2023. And don't say Sawyer muh sucks, well, of course not all of them are going to pan out.

I can do this all day, bruh. You're so wrong on Leach you don't even realize how stupid you sound.
Sawyer isn’t and wasn’t very good Locke was beaten out by Van Dyke at Wisconsin and talks are he likely transfers after this year back to Texas, Parson won’t start here ever as well baring an injury this year. Again. You have zero sources or clue it’s as you say just my opinion.

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I thought we were going to retitle this thread to "Let's All **** on The Pirate" since he's the only ****** coach we've had at the school.

I thought we had a few craptastic coaches before, and after that, we could blame some of this craptastic play on, but I was wrong.
Oh No, he wasn’t qualified to coach at this beautiful blue blood of a program. by gosh, I expect us to go at least 4-8 this season, if the stars align 5-7.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
No answer I see. I'm not a run the ball or a pass the ball guy. You have to do both. One dimensional doesn't work . Why couldn't he replace Rogers if we had great QBs beating down our door?
Goat typically runs out of things to say when faced with factual information.

Reactions: Bulldawg77

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No answer I see. I'm not a run the ball or a pass the ball guy. You have to do both. One dimensional doesn't work . Why couldn't he replace Rogers if we had great QBs beating down our door?
Goat typically runs out of things to say when faced with factual information.
I already answered that question. Ya'll just didn't like the answer.

Rogers was older, and was serviceable enough that he was hard to beat out, especially by younger guys, each year that went on. Hard to bring in big time portal guys when you have a returning starter, unless you pay them like Ole Miss did. It was a tough spot.

And we did bring in Costello earlier on, who was thought of as an elite transfer, and probably would have been, had we had a normal year.

And AGAIN, we were just in year 3....the offense was being developed each year.

But you hate Leach and will just say he sucks, which is false, and evidenced by your retarded argument, but you'll surely keep arguing, trying to find any small thing you can to latch onto.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I already answered that question. Ya'll just didn't like the answer.

Rogers was older, and was serviceable enough that he was hard to beat out, especially by younger guys, each year that went on. Hard to bring in big time portal guys when you have a returning starter, unless you pay them like Ole Miss did. It was a tough spot.

And we did bring in Costello earlier on, who was thought of as an elite transfer, and probably would have been, had we had a normal year.

And AGAIN, we were just in year 3....the offense was being developed each year.

But you hate Leach and will just say he sucks, which is false, and evidenced by your retarded argument, but you'll surely keep arguing, trying to find any small thing you can to latch onto.
LOL!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
How’d that offense change work out for you last fall? Just curious.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
How’d that offense change work out for you last fall? Just curious.
The aftermath of Leach was always going to be ugly no matter why or when he left. I said so when we hired him. Why couldn't he ever replace Rogers if that was what was holding back his offense? Something was sure holding it back. Don't get your hopes up this year either. 3-4 wins.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
The aftermath of Leach was always going to be ugly no matter why or when he left. I said so when we hired him. Why couldn't he ever replace Rogers if that was what was holding back his offense? Something was sure holding it back. Don't get your hopes up this year either. 3-4 wins.
I'm thinking nobody came close to Will's ability understand Leach's vision AND throw it accurately. Arnett had no bidness tearing it all down for a complete rebuild with limited time. It didn't hafta be that painful. Here's to hoping we won't be missing back to back .500 SEC seasons like Leach gave us in his last 2.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm thinking nobody came close to Will's ability understand Leach's vision AND throw it accurately. Arnett had no bidness tearing it all down for a complete rebuild with limited time. It didn't hafta be that painful. Here's to hoping we won't be missing back to back .500 SEC seasons like Leach gave us in his last 2.
A dirty little secret that we all know deep down, is that we hired Arnett out of FEAR, and the fact that so many mouth breathers (like @L4Dawg) wanted to change the offense. Fear that he’d leave MSU. We should have just hired Spurrier Jr., and rolled with it. If it didn’t work, so be it, but you don’t waste a roster like we had last year.

It takes guts to make the right decisions, and MSU has shown us repeatedly that our leaders don’t have them (outside of Byrne and Cohen).

We got exactly what we asked for.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
A dirty little secret that we all know deep down, is that we hired Arnett out of FEAR, and the fact that so many mouth breathers (like @L4Dawg) wanted to change the offense. Fear that he’d leave MSU. We should have just hired Spurrier Jr., and rolled with it. If it didn’t work, so be it, but you don’t waste a roster like we had last year.

It takes guts to make the right decisions, and MSU has shown us repeatedly that our leaders don’t have them (outside of Byrne and Cohen).

Yep. Think how deep in the schitter we were when we hired Mullen VS hiring Arnett after back to back.500 SEC seasons. WTF were we thinking then Arnett goes immediately to the round hole with a square peg. Had a good opportunity to hire a good coach with HC experience.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

Meh. It’s not that deep. We didn’t have an AD at the time and needed continuity after Leach’s death. Arnett gave us that during a tough time. We learned quickly he wasn’t the guy to lead our program after the first few games of the year, so Selmon fired him and now we are starting over with a new system and new coach.

There’s a reason Steve Spurrier Jr is a Wide Receivers coach at Tulsa.

Reactions: L4Dawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don’t understand this whole “boring on offense” thing affecting attendance. Do y’all remember how horrible the offenses were under Sherrill? Go back and watch a Sherrill-coached game. Most of the time it’s like going to the dentist watching our offense (the 2000 season a rare exception). And he’s one of the top 5 coaches in the history of the school according to a lot of y’all! I don’t give a crap about the offense. Just win games. Leach had us at 9 wins in his third season, and if he hadn’t died, I think we would be on a nice run of success. But, of course, he died and threw the whole program into disarray. Let’s give Lebby a good chance to fix it and really support the team before we throw him to the wolves.
Post of the thread! I hated the old "up the gut" offense that Sherrill put on the field. Joe Lee Dunn was responsible for most of Sherrill's wins. I liked Sherrill as a head coach but he put some of the most boring offenses on the field in our history.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Heere is a little secret for you, we were going to be down last year WITH Leach.

Reactions: retire the banner

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
7 was the ceiling last year with Leach. Probably 6-6
yea, coming off 9-4 season with senior laden veteran team , 8 home games and he goes 6-6. Because your petty bitter arse says so. LOL

petty butt hurt ez11 losers had last year blow up in their faces, so they just can’t help themselves.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
yea, coming off 9-4 season with senior laden veteran team , 8 home games and he goes 6-6. Because your petty bitter arse says so. LOL

petty butt hurt ez11 losers had last year blow up in their faces, so they just can’t help themselves.
Last year exposed a big portion of our fanbase. Then we doubled down on the stupidity

Reactions: 85Bears

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Last year exposed a big portion of our fanbase. Then we doubled down on the stupidity
You do know that last year fired meathead and actually hired a real football coach. But carry on with your negative ********!
cheers to the goat dumbass poster of Rankin county

Last edited:
Reactions: L4Dawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login