Damn Hutzler

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I just don’t know why you couldn’t just like up in a 4-3-4 or 4-2-5 and just play zone or man….you could add in a goal line package just for good measure. Defense isn’t rocket science

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
There is really no reason why a sec team should make a risky hire on both sides of the ball at the same time.

I just want to know how a guy so bad could have landed this job.

Did Lebby just assume being at Bama made him a winner? Did Saban endorse the guy? Something sold Lebby on him being at least a decent coach. I’m very curious to know what that was.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
There is really no reason why a sec team should make a risky hire on both sides of the ball at the same time.

Did Lebby just assume being at Bama made him a winner? Did Saban endorse the guy? Something sold Lebby on him being at least a decent coach. I’m very curious to know what that was.
You would think that would be part of the Interview process between Lebby and Selmon. “If we hire you, who will be your Defensive Coordinator, what defense will you run, etc”

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Knowing this year is a wash, if I'm Levee, I'd have already fired Hutzler. You can find a dude walking down the street to do just as well.
I was just going to say that all kidding aside, Lebby has to at least be considering letting Hutzler go immediately. This defense is becoming a laughing stock throughout college football and sports social media, and the longer he lets it continue, the worse Lebby looks.

It's like a real life version of letting a 10-mo old toddler play EA college football, and frankly, the toddler would probably out scheme Hutzler at this point

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
After our latest defections/injuries, Hutzler just announced we will be installing the new 2-1-2 defense for the remainder of the season.****

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ha ha ha. They took it down. Maybe that'll shut down the criticisms of Hetzler's defense. Cowards.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What scares me is that Lebby hired a guy that unknowledgeable about defensive scheming

It should scare you. We need to find a competent HC and give him a few years to build. This DC hire alone (and there are many other WTF's), is enough for me to seriously question Lebby's competence.

And by extension, we have to question whether the folks making the HC hiring decisions are competent.

Reactions: ckDOG

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Coaching matters - a lot.
Yeah we don't have talent but when your coach is an idiot it can make subpar talent look as bad as this. If you have a good coach you can make subpar talent look a little better kind of like some other dcs that we have had.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It should scare you. We need to find a competent HC and give him a few years to build. This DC hire alone (and there are many other WTF's), is enough for me to seriously question Lebby's competence.

And by extension, we have to question whether the folks making the HC hiring decisions are competent.
Yep. And if the President and AD feel that MSU simply is not in a position to make quality experienced hires, they need to show some balls and publicly tell the fans what we need to do to be competitive for coaches. Fans can either respond to that call or call them out on their ******** and better direct their dollars until competent leadership is installed. We have inherent geographic restrictions but we have enough resources to bring competent coaching to Starkville. We shouldn't have to expect our program to be an experiment for unqualified and inexperienced coaches to get their feet wet.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You would think that would be part of the Interview process between Lebby and Selmon. “If we hire you, who will be your Defensive Coordinator, what defense will you run, etc”
Honestly Selmon should be fired with cause for this. We just learned this lesson with hiring Arnett without a good plan for a coordinator on the other side of the ball.

It is absolutely insane to have a first time head coach paired up with a first time DC. I can believe there weren't a lot of people wanting to jump into that knowing the talent issues, but you've got to have a better plan than "convert a special teams coach into DC". Really just need to know that when you are hiring into a position like ours, you're going to have to overpay for a coordinator on the opposite side of teh ball from your head coach. Lots of uncertainty with a first time head coach, things obviously aren't going great if you just fired your last coach. But you have to overpay to at least give your first time head coach a chance at success.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Didn't he say he was familiar with him? Didn't they coach at ole miss together or something? I thought that is where the connection was. I just have to believe he struck out with Durkin and then went after another guy he knew that might come. But dang it's not normal for msu defense to be this soft clueless and talentless