Deion Sanders as our next coach

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Went ahead and fixed that for you.

Is Dan Mullen a good coach? Because he's in the same boat.
It didn't need fixing. Win all you want, but if you are not winning the actual games that count then it doesn't mean a damn thing. When the chips are down.... and the pressure is on Leach hasn't won anything that is worth remembering outside of maybe one win when he was at Texas Tech. Every other game, served to make other men great as Leach wasn't the one hoisting a trophy on the last game of the year.

Reactions: BingleCocktail

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Being the best program in the SWAC is like being the smartest kid on the short bus. Just because the Clarion Ledger has someone on the front page every day does not mean they are ready to take on Saban for the greatest program building coach of all time. Stop drinking the Koll-aid

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It didn't need fixing. Win all you want, but if you are not winning the actual games that count then it doesn't mean a damn thing. When the chips are down.... and the pressure is on Leach hasn't won anything that is worth remembering outside of maybe one win when he was at Texas Tech. Every other game, served to make other men great as Leach wasn't the one hoisting a trophy on the last game of the year.
So now you're only a good coach if you win the national championship? OK buddy.

You didn't answer my question about Mullen. I didn't figure you would.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Being the best program in the SWAC is like being the smartest kid on the short bus. Just because the Clarion Ledger has someone on the front page every day does not mean they are ready to take on Saban for the greatest program building coach of all time. Stop drinking the Koll-aid
Agree. It's like politics, if you dare go against the mob, they'll label you a hater, etc.

Reactions: patdog
Oct 17, 2022
Agree. It's like politics, if you dare go against the mob, they'll label you a hater, etc.
You have to be woke, no logic all emotion. In other words, no regard for the truth or common sense.

kind of like the “reporter” who threw this stupid idea out there in the first place.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
prime time had already retired when the kids we are recruiting were born. im Not sure how much flash there is. unless he has a lot of NIL money he’s bringing with him this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
That's what I was thinking. Hasn't the successful crootin' been because of Deion's connections that bring in the NIL $$?

drummerdawg

Mar 14, 2013
Connor I watch a lot of football and haven’t seen a prime highlight in several years. The guy retired in 2004, the kids we are recruiting werent even born yet.
But they see his commercials all the time standing alongside Saban. And a big part of recruiting is winning the parents and the parents very much know who he is and what he's done.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yea, Prime Time may be able to out NIL the SWAC at JSU but he ain't gonna out NIL the SEC at STATE.
Boom, there it is. Bottom line, it's not a good use of our resources. You need to maximize what you are, and MSU generally is a physical, developmental program. The very few studs we do get are usually on defense, so obviously offense is where we must be imaginative.

NIL is only one piece of this thing, that's what people don't understand. Less than 20% of FBS football players will ever really benefit from it.

All that said - maybe if hiring Deion could create some type of partnership with Jackson State or something, where all their fans become MSU fans too, and Jackson becomes a true MSU stronghold, maybe something to that.....I don't know, just brainstorming. But in our normal world I'm not seeing any reason at all that would make hiring Deion a good idea.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Hell yes they are. They've been attracting top talent for the past 40 years. Did you happen to notice that they won a national title in 1981? They've been packing out that stadium with over 80K since the mid-80s. They also benefit from being centrally located to Charlotte and Atlanta, and being in a state of 5M+. They are routinely in on the top prospects, and always have been since that time.

They aren't a top 5 level blue blood historically like Bama or Ohio State but they are certainly top 10-15. Not to mention now you almost have to consider them a blue blood since their rise in the 2010s. How can you comment on subjects while being this clueless?

im calling bulls--t on your selective memory. youve conveniently forgotten the following years since 1981

1984 7-4
1985 6-6
1992 5-6
1994 5-6
1996 7-5
1997 7-5
1998 3-8
1999 6-6
2001 7-5
2002 7-6
2004 6-5
2008 7-6
2010 6-7

try again

Reactions: Motodawg

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Went ahead and fixed that for you.

Is Dan Mullen a good coach? Because he's in the same boat.
mullen winning percentage is .628 (bowl record .700)

l33ch winning percentage is .596 (bowl record .471)

do you ever do your homework or just talk out your ***?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Rick Ray was not a safe hire who was praised. He was a desperation hire because nobody else wanted the job. Nobody knew who the hell he was.
I never bought the "nobody wanted the job" line. Sure, we were a mess at the time but we coulda done WAY bettern Ray.

Oct 17, 2022
The whole thing is idiotic, being a good player doesn’t make you a good coach. Nfl all pros from the nfl retire every year, none of them are qualified to be a HC at a P5 university. Football people know this, idiots on the internet don’t.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
The whole thing is idiotic, being a good player doesn’t make you a good coach. Nfl all pros from the nfl retire every year, none of them are qualified to be a HC at a P5 university. Football people know this, idiots on the internet don’t.
harbaugh at meechigan and heupl at tennesee both sez "hey"

Oct 17, 2022
harbaugh at meechigan and heupl at tennesee both sez "hey"
Say hi to them for me toolshed

Heupel spent 13 years as an assistant and coordinator in college before getting a HC job at UCF and 17 years until he got an SEC job.
Harbaugh spent 13 years also as an assistant at WKU, nfl assistant and at San Diego before getting a HC job at Stanford.

so neither of these guys are comparable to neon Deion going from 3 years in the swac with no other collegiate experience and jumping to the SEC as a HC.

Last edited:

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Say hi to them for me toolshed

Heupel spent 13 years as an assistant and coordinator in college before getting a HC job at UCF and 17 years until he got an SEC job.
Harbaugh spent 13 years also as an assistant at WKU, nfl assistant and at San Diego before getting a HC job at Stanford.

so neither of these guys are comparable to neon Deion going from 3 years in the swac with no other collegiate experience and jumping to the SEC as a HC.
so you admit that some were qualified now that a few examples come out?

YOU said “NONE WERE QUALIFIED”

keep rationalizing why you donut like deion

Palos verdes

Aug 22, 2012
I was kind of surprised to see Robbie Faulk promoting Deion as our next coach. seems kind of crazy to me.
three years in the swac and then sec head coach ?
If you simply wanted to get a coach (we could actually pull) that would recruit better than anyone we ever had, he'd be the one. I'm not sure about his coaching in the SEC though. I'd have to know more. He'd bring at least one top 15 class to State though.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
so you admit that some were qualified now that a few examples come out?

YOU said “NONE WERE QUALIFIED”

keep rationalizing why you donut like deion
The college football landscape has shown many examples over the last 15 years or so where rosters full of 4 and 5 star have fallen flat on their faces so Deion coming into a SEC HC position is no guarantee of success just because he creates an uptick in crootin'. Many great college and NFL players don't have the organizational and motivational skills to be HC's on a big time stage in the P5. Deion's advantage he has right now is HUGE over the rest of the SWAC from a roster perspective. Just because you can pull a few examples out is more of an outlier than the norm.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
The college football landscape has shown many examples over the last 15 years or so where rosters full of 4 and 5 star have fallen flat on their faces so Deion coming into a SEC HC position is no guarantee of success just because he creates an uptick in crootin'. Many great college and NFL players don't have the organizational and motivational skills to be HC's on a big time stage in the P5. Deion's advantage he has right now is HUGE over the rest of the SWAC from a roster perspective. Just because you can pull a few examples out is more of an outlier than the norm.
maybe &TATE should start thinking about how to position itself as an outlier and stop messing around with MEDIOCRITY

or maybe we hire rick neuheisel next after we dump l33ch in 2024

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It's going to take a school like Miss State to give him a shot at a P5.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login