Demonte Russell is a starting DE per Rosey….

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This is a weird hill to die on, Goat.

Hate the kid got his *** beat, but honestly no one here truly gives AF. As much smoke as they want to blow up your *** about it.

Rooting for one of our players to fail because they got into a fight with a frat kid is loser behavior.
Well, I would imagine the kids parents "truly give AF" regardless. Depending on the true story, getting a free pass because you're a potential starting player and not just a regular "frat kid" and being allowed to do what you want to do without consequences is also "loser behavior" on staff and players part. Plenty of time has passed to investigate the consequences and make a press release, I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with. If this was simply a drunk frat kid spilling a drink on somebody put it out there (they aren't minors) , surely there's some cell phone video, and Russell did apologized and all. Put the story out there and remove any doubt of guilt or innocence, unless.....

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is a weird hill to die on, Goat.

Hate the kid got his *** beat, but honestly no one here truly gives AF. As much smoke as they want to blow up your *** about it.

Rooting for one of our players to fail because they got into a fight with a frat kid is loser behavior.
Wow, unbelievable

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So should Jeffrey Simmons been let go from the team after his incident
Pretty big difference between Simmons having a one time incident and Russell. I don't have a strong opinion on how bad or not this is, but it's not the same thing as Simmons.

ETA: corrected

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Well, I would imagine the kids parents "truly give AF" regardless. Depending on the true story, getting a free pass because you're a potential starting player and not just a regular "frat kid" and being allowed to do what you want to do without consequences is also "loser behavior" on staff and players part. Plenty of time has passed to investigate the consequences and make a press release, I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with. If this was simply a drunk frat kid spilling a drink on somebody put it out there (they aren't minors) , surely there's some cell phone video, and Russell did apologized and all. Put the story out there and remove any doubt of guilt or innocence, unless.....
Stfu GIF by MOODMAN

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
This board is an example of terrible college fans. The rest of college football moves on but State fans want some fake justice. It's weird as hell. Unless there's a civil case to discuss it's move along at this point.
It’s so 17ing weird we have fans who want our players to be punished into oblivion for “malicious mischief”. No one else does this

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I’m not sure what provocation justifies damn near killing a guy half your size.
The fact that nothing came out about the supposed "provocation" gives you a pretty good indication as to which way to bet on it. Still don't know, so maybe it's not as bad as it looks, but it looks bad.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It’s so 17ing weird we have fans who want our players to be punished into oblivion for “malicious mischief”. No one else does this
Who wants Simmons punished for anything? There was a pretty good explanation of Simmons actions by this point and also a pretty good track record on his part to justify looking at it holistically. Even the dubmasses that wanted him thrown out so UGA or Bama could pick him up I think would acknolwedge at this point that they were proven wrong.

Again, I don't know the full story on Russell, but it's not the same as Simmons at all, at least as far as what is known publicly at this point.

Reactions: patdog

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
This is not Mississippi State football’s proudest day.
Some of yall need to stop being so dramatic. He lost his cool and punched somebody....and my understanding is he punched him once and the guy hit his head when he fell, so it's not like he stomped the guy's head in. It was stupid, but you don't kick him off the team for that.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
I think if we weren’t picked near last this would be a bigger deal. If we turn out to surprise folks and Russell has a good year and climbs way up the draft boards if will get brought up more. Like if we look competitive going into the egg bowl I imagine the CL will recount the incident a lot more than Anthony/ Dak DUIs.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
That surprises me if we're talking the same blind sided cold cocking incident I'm thinking of.

Most don't know how deep Soros' tentacles reach into our country's DA's. He spent $87K for an Oktibehaw County Mississippi DA Race and the Repub challenger had $15K
This is great! We have two Soros boogie man sightings. All we need now is some pizza parlor discussion and a tale about the deep state…smh…

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Show me Simmons conviction.

yeah you’ll say Russell didn’t have one either. But we at least took the heat (twice, in 2016 and 2019 draft) for it. We ate it.

But nobody will address Russell. Why not? Is it because it was an expendable person that he beat up?
So will you feel better if we take some heat for it? Maybe you can reach out to the CL to get started and make you feel a little better about yourself

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Didn't we go over this weeks ago? Strange it's being brought back up now. What else are we going to rehash, Boobie's DUI? How about tutorgate, any meat left on that bone?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So will you feel better if we take some heat for it? Maybe you can reach out to the CL to get started and make you feel a little better about yourself
I'd feel better, and I'm sure the family of the victim (and the victim himself) would feel better if he was arrested like he should have been. I'd also feel better if we'd quit coddling these hugeass athletes that go around beating the hell out of random people smaller than them, just because reasons. It's sickening.

Remember Joe Mixon and Amelia Molitor? I'm betting you don't. But she does. And you would if it was your daughter.

We are immortalizing the wrong people.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Didn't we go over this weeks ago? Strange it's being brought back up now. What else are we going to rehash, Boobie's DUI? How about tutorgate, any meat left on that bone?
Beating other random people to near death over nothing is a different animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login