Demonte Russell is a starting DE per Rosey….

Status
Not open for further replies.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Beating other random people to near death over nothing is a different animal.
You have absolutely zero 17n clue of what you’re talking about. It’s like you just woke up one morning and thought “how can I make myself feel important today?”

Maybe nothing came of it because the parents of the “victim” don’t want everything to go public to protect their kids future. Would be terrible to be labeled a certain type of person by potential companies that could kill careers.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Is this pearl clutching or virtue signaling?
Hope y’all got your fainting couches near by.
Is there an arrest report?

Calm Down Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

patdog

May 28, 2007
Like Jeffrey Simmons?
Jeffrey Simmons has proved his good character many times over the years. The girl he hit didn't even have a scratch on her. He wasn't trying to hurt her. He was just trying to get her off his sister. This isn't the first time Russell has done something like this, just the one he hurt someone the worst. What's funny is all the people defending him are a lot of the same people who used to crucify Hugh Freeze for playing all of his thugs with no consequences for their crimes.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I'd feel better, and I'm sure the family of the victim (and the victim himself) would feel better if he was arrested like he should have been. I'd also feel better if we'd quit coddling these hugeass athletes that go around beating the hell out of random people smaller than them, just because reasons. It's sickening.

Remember Joe Mixon and Amelia Molitor? I'm betting you don't. But she does. And you would if it was your daughter.

We are immortalizing the wrong people.
Why wasn’t he charged?

let’s not act like Starkville pd is known for protecting msu athletes

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Jeffrey Simmons has proved his good character many times over the years. The girl he hit didn't even have a scratch on her. He wasn't trying to hurt her. He was just trying to get her off his sister. This isn't the first time Russell has done something like this, just the one he hurt someone the worst. What's funny is all the people defending him are a lot of the same people who used to crucify Hugh Freeze for playing all of his thugs with no consequences for their crimes.
Simmons wasnt trying to get anyone off his sister. He knocked the fool out of a woman. He has since then shown good character but sometimes hitting rock bottom or doing something of that nature causes a change on ways.

For the record I'm not defending either. I think both are/were crazy in the wrong. But it was posed here by someone that we are treating this different than Simmons and we really arent

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I wonder how many of the "facts" in this thread are actually true? I don't know and have no way of knowing.
Kinda useless digging in without any. The original rumors sounded horrible but you cant catch the vapors based on that alone. Hell, rumors could be true and Russell and the guy he beat up could have settled their differences somehow legally and it ain't any of our business. Whatever the case may be, gotcha questions at a presser wouldn't be the right way to go about it. A reporter is more than welcome to fact find and write a juicy piece and the fact that hasn't occurred makes me believe there's just nothing really to chase down.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My whole point in this is if you’re going to get so worked up about this case, then you have to be on the side of that state should have kicked Jeffrey Simmons off the team for the same thing. It doesn’t matter what the story is he assaulted someone. I don’t care either way here but if you’re going to have this moral high horse, then you better be consistent about it.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
There are some mis-informed 17ers here. Jeff pulled the 250 Lbs woman off his sister and she went right back to pulling her hair out and beating the **** out of Her. Jeff did hit her to make her stop. I guess all Ya'll would let a Bully who had been harassing's your Mother and Sister for weeks just keep on pounding them? I talked to the Chief of Police and he said he usually wouldn't have even pressed charges on Jeff. He told Me the Woman had been in several fights and had bullied people on a regular basis. Everyone in Macon knows Simmons is a first class person.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
This is great! We have two Soros boogie man sightings.
"It doesn't matter how much money I had; it was the message," Colom said.

However, asked whether Soros' money played a role in the outcome of the election, Allgood said Thursday, "Of course it did."

Soros, a New York financier and longtime supporter of the Democratic Party, gave almost $400,000 to a new Mississippi political action committee, and the money went to support Colom's campaign as well as the re-election campaign of Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith. Smith was reelected during the Democratic primary when he defeated challenger Stanley Alexander.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/11/06/colom-ousted-da-forrest-allgood/75220072/

The billionaire financier has channeled more than $3 million into seven local district-attorney campaigns in six states over the past year — a sum that exceeds the total spent on the 2016 presidential campaign by all but a handful of rival super-donors.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/george-soros-criminal-justice-reform-227519

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Like Jeffrey Simmons?
My whole point in this is if you’re going to get so worked up about this case, then you have to be on the side of that state should have kicked Jeffrey Simmons off the team for the same thing. It doesn’t matter what the story is he assaulted someone. I don’t care either way here but if you’re going to have this moral high horse, then you better be consistent about it.
Simmons situation was domestic, personal, etc., and involved his family. Russell's situation was random.

Right or wrong, regardless of punishment.....that's the fact. People have disagreements in family and friend situations. The random beatings? That can't be swept under the rug, especially the heinous nature of it.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Not having a video of the Russell incident makes it different than Simmons.

I’m not saying one was worse than the other.. I’m just saying that’s the way the world works.
One WAS worse than the other. The Simmons video made me sick. He snapped in that split second and did an awful nasty thing to a female and punishment was warranted. But he also could have seriously injured or killed her in less than 2 seconds had that been his intent. I don't think she had even minor injuries but a horrible act nonetheless. Russel's act was premeditated, planned and had deadly intent done ambush style.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Well, I would imagine the kids parents "truly give AF" regardless. Depending on the true story, getting a free pass because you're a potential starting player and not just a regular "frat kid" and being allowed to do what you want to do without consequences is also "loser behavior" on staff and players part. Plenty of time has passed to investigate the consequences and make a press release, I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with. If this was simply a drunk frat kid spilling a drink on somebody put it out there (they aren't minors) , surely there's some cell phone video, and Russell did apologized and all. Put the story out there and remove any doubt of guilt or innocence, unless.....
How do you know it hasn't already been handled "internally"? Do you think Saban, Smart, or any other SEC head coach would make an announcement or release a statement about an incident like this?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
"It doesn't matter how much money I had; it was the message," Colom said.

However, asked whether Soros' money played a role in the outcome of the election, Allgood said Thursday, "Of course it did."

Soros, a New York financier and longtime supporter of the Democratic Party, gave almost $400,000 to a new Mississippi political action committee, and the money went to support Colom's campaign as well as the re-election campaign of Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith. Smith was reelected during the Democratic primary when he defeated challenger Stanley Alexander.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/11/06/colom-ousted-da-forrest-allgood/75220072/

The billionaire financier has channeled more than $3 million into seven local district-attorney campaigns in six states over the past year — a sum that exceeds the total spent on the 2016 presidential campaign by all but a handful of rival super-donors.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/george-soros-criminal-justice-reform-227519
Now do Koch. That's the left boogie man. People contribute to elections to support things that they care about and try to shape policy. Do I wish we had fewer loopholes that allow both sides to have an outsized influence in elections? Yes. I don't see this as any different that whoever the cigar boys are who pour their money into NIL and such. I wouldn't do it, but they choose to.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Simmons situation was domestic, personal, etc., and involved his family. Russell's situation was random.

Right or wrong, regardless of punishment.....that's the fact. People have disagreements in family and friend situations. The random beatings? That can't be swept under the rug, especially the heinous nature of it.
Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. “Oh it’s just family“ give me a break.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Except it's not the same thing. First time vs a history of violence. Trying to protect his sister vs punching a random guy half his size. And the girl Simmons hit was also arrested and charged. I do agree we should have given him a 2-game suspension though, but I think history has shown Mullen made the right decision there.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

Please don't tell me there was no prior conflict between Russell and his Victim. Please don't tell me this was 100% Random. If so, this saddens me even more.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Except it's not the same thing. First time vs a history of violence. Trying to protect his sister vs punching a random guy half his size. And the girl Simmons hit was also arrested and charged. I do agree we should have given him a 2-game suspension though, but I think history has shown Mullen made the right decision there.
Has Russell had a history of violence? I’m not being a dick. I’m just asking.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Being the starting DE today doesn't me the starting DE 8-31-2024. Doesn't even mean he'll be on the team past today and anytime after. I suppose if the family/atty/judicial system want to advance the incident they will do so. But I suppose as it stands today it has been addressed and they are moving on.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Has Russell had a history of violence? I’m not being a dick. I’m just asking.
I thought there was a domestic incident, but can't find with a quick Google. I did find a DUI for him though, which should be enough to make this strike two.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Being the starting DE today doesn't me the starting DE 8-31-2024. Doesn't even mean he'll be on the team past today and anytime after. I suppose if the family/atty/judicial system want to advance the incident they will do so. But I suppose as it stands today it has been addressed and they are moving on.
Who are you kidding? Of course he'll start game 1. And every game he's healthy enough to.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
There are some mis-informed 17ers here. Jeff pulled the 250 Lbs woman off his sister and she went right back to pulling her hair out and beating the **** out of Her. Jeff did hit her to make her stop. I guess all Ya'll would let a Bully who had been harassing's your Mother and Sister for weeks just keep on pounding them? I talked to the Chief of Police and he said he usually wouldn't have even pressed charges on Jeff. He told Me the Woman had been in several fights and had bullied people on a regular basis. Everyone in Macon knows Simmons is a first class person.
Most people that comment on that situation don't come from a world where ladies brawl in the parking lot and you see your sister fighting with an older woman.

I don't condone hitting women, but I recognize my context for hitting women is domestic violence, not street fights. If I lived in the world where fights break out in parking lots between women and my sister is involved, it might be different. Doesn't mean it's right, but people should think outside their middle class pearl clutching bubble before acting like they know how they would respond in the same heated situation.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
You were there? You saw video of the incident? You're relying on your "inside sources"? You're relying on the statement from the lawyer?

How exactly do you "know what happened"?
Hospital Records arent lying here. So what other stuff may have been excluded that a video could have shown? Play MorningStar's Advocate for a sec and splain it like Russel's Atty Would.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Who are you kidding? Of course he'll start game 1. And every game he's healthy enough to.
I'm not kidding at all. I'm saying it apparently has been addressed and he should be allowed to move forward, kinda thought was what I was trying to convey. I got no opinion on whether he should be starting I'm not a coach. If he is, I really hope its because he's the best available.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Hospital Records arent lying here. So what other stuff may have been excluded that a video could have shown? Play MorningStar's Advocate for a sec and splain it like Russel's Atty Would.
So you've seen the actual hospital records? Are you a friend of the family? Pretty sure HIPAA regulations prevent those from being released publicly. Perhaps you're referring to the comments in the attorney's statement. Surely he wouldn't skew facts to favor his client...

Let's be clear, I have no idea what actually happened that day between Russell and the "frat kid". Obviously, no one else on this board does either.

Just because it hasn't been publicly addressed by Lebby doesn't mean that it hasn't been addressed within the program. I know some of you on here hate Lebby and want to find anything you can to use against him and run him down. How about we let this thing play out instead of "convicting" Russel in your own personal court?

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
So you've seen the actual hospital records? Are you a friend of the family? Pretty sure HIPAA regulations prevent those from being released publicly. Perhaps you're referring to the comments in the attorney's statement. Surely he wouldn't skew facts to favor his client...

Let's be clear, I have no idea what actually happened that day between Russell and the "frat kid". Obviously, no one else on this board does either.

Just because it hasn't been publicly addressed by Lebby doesn't mean that it hasn't been addressed within the program. I know some of you on here hate Lebby and want to find anything you can to use against him and run him down. How about we let this thing play out instead of "convicting" Russel in your own personal court?
I'm reading Anonxxxxxxxx reply as "lying = laying" here. As in, he can't see them. So he isn't jumping to a conclusion. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time or last!

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022

It's obvious what happened to anyone wanting to see the truth. Lawyers statement. Russel's statement.

I know some of you on here hate Lebby and want to find anything you can to use against him and run him down.
You are so wrong.
How about we let this thing play out instead of "convicting" Russel in your own personal court?
Russel convicts himself with the apology DM to the victim.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
It's obvious what happened to anyone wanting to see the truth. Lawyers statement. Russel's statement.

You are so wrong.

Russel convicts himself with the apology DM to the victim.
Russel can apologize for his behavior without that being an admission of guilt. People do it all the time.

Reactions: AlCoDog
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login