Demonte Russell is a starting DE per Rosey….

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Simmons wasnt trying to get anyone off his sister. He knocked the fool out of a woman. He has since then shown good character but sometimes hitting rock bottom or doing something of that nature causes a change on ways.

For the record I'm not defending either. I think both are/were crazy in the wrong. But it was posed here by someone that we are treating this different than Simmons and we really arent
He did not knock the fool out of a woman. Either he was the most ineffective fighter ever for his size and athleticism or even as he lost completely lost his temper he was still restraining himself from completely letting loose.

That wasnt' rock bottom for simmons in the sense that he was on a bad path and changed directions. It was one incredibly bad moment and even in that moment, he didn't hit anybody hard enough to hurt them, which obviously he was capable of doing.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That is absolutely rich you would say that when no one knows any of actual facts or evidence other than the lawyers statement about what happened.

Stop being a clown
Interesting.....from the guy who said this:

He was charged with simple assault but ultimately convicted of malicious mischief.

I imagine they aren’t talking about it because it’s an ongoing court case. Just a guess.
Which one is it, buddy? I'm going with the top post, considering you said he was convicted, then said it was an ongoing court case, in the same post.

I'm not the clown here, obviously.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Most people that comment on that situation don't come from a world where ladies brawl in the parking lot and you see your sister fighting with an older woman.

I don't condone hitting women, but I recognize my context for hitting women is domestic violence, not street fights. If I lived in the world where fights break out in parking lots between women and my sister is involved, it might be different. Doesn't mean it's right, but people should think outside their middle class pearl clutching bubble before acting like they know how they would respond in the same heated situation.
^^^THIS^^^

Pretty much all of the pearl clutching over the Simmons incident was from people that come from a background where you just don't see women getting in physical fights and when they envision a woman actually starting a physical fight, it's one that they wouldn't actually have to fight back against to avoid the woman actually hurting them. If they had to go a round or two with some of the women in that background, I think their point of view would change pretty drastically.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Which one is it, buddy? I'm going with the top post, considering you said he was convicted, then said it was an ongoing court case, in the same post.

OMG for the third 17ing time, that was talking about Jeffrey Simmons. You asked what was Simmons convicted of way back at the beginning of the thread replying to me.

The second sentence is about Russell.

IMG_2769.jpeg

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
So you've seen the actual hospital records? Are you a friend of the family? Pretty sure HIPAA regulations prevent those from being released publicly. Perhaps you're referring to the comments in the attorney's statement. Surely he wouldn't skew facts to favor his client...

Let's be clear, I have no idea what actually happened that day between Russell and the "frat kid". Obviously, no one else on this board does either.

Just because it hasn't been publicly addressed by Lebby doesn't mean that it hasn't been addressed within the program. I know some of you on here hate Lebby and want to find anything you can to use against him and run him down. How about we let this thing play out instead of "convicting" Russel in your own personal court?
You think the severity of the injuries may have been exaggerated? Or maybe the attack coulda been justified based on prior conflict or self defense? What could possibly be missing here?

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

Good gosh I just read this thread and clearly DCD has said his reference to conviction was talking about Jeffery Simmons, not Russell. Read before you reply.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
🦇 deep state 🦇
Hiding the true facts
Study it out people.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
OMG for the third 17ing time, that was talking about Jeffrey Simmons. You asked what was Simmons convicted of way back at the beginning of the thread replying to me.

The second sentence is about Russell.
OK, I see where you were going with that now.

However, when you posted that, you were responding to my post where I asked why you would start Russell. That's what caused my confusion.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You think the severity of the injuries may have been exaggerated? Or maybe the attack coulda been justified based on prior conflict or self defense? What could possibly be missing here?
Those facts were certainly be helpful. Because what we have right now is bad (as in, Russell's intent).

Haha are you serious? You started this thread and have since admitted to knowing nothing beyond the rumors that you've read on this board.
That's kind of the point, no one knows and nobody will talk. Why is he playing right now?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Those facts were certainly be helpful. Because what we have right now is bad (as in, Russell's intent).

That's kind of the point, no one knows and nobody will talk. Why is he playing right now?
So your cunty *** is on here raising hell without the facts (Admittedly). What a damn loser! You've got to be a woman with all this whining and gossipesque approach to message board. You aren't even using rumors. You just want to stir ****.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
^^^THIS^^^

Pretty much all of the pearl clutching over the Simmons incident was from people that come from a background where you just don't see women getting in physical fights and when they envision a woman actually starting a physical fight, it's one that they wouldn't actually have to fight back against to avoid the woman actually hurting them. If they had to go a round or two with some of the women in that background, I think their point of view would change pretty drastically.
my brother was one of the biggest ole miss homers you would ever meet... anytime one of our players effed up he would give me hell about it... after this video came out he was like "i don t know if she deserved what she got that day, but i bet at least one time in the past she did something that she didn t get punched for so just call it even"

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He did not knock the fool out of a woman. Either he was the most ineffective fighter ever for his size and athleticism or even as he lost completely lost his temper he was still restraining himself from completely letting loose.

That wasnt' rock bottom for simmons in the sense that he was on a bad path and changed directions. It was one incredibly bad moment and even in that moment, he didn't hit anybody hard enough to hurt them, which obviously he was capable of doing.
He was charged with simple assault, that doesnt just get handed out over nothing. He also had to pay the womans medical bills... so the narrative that the woman wasnt hurt is again not correct...

Could he have done more to said woman... sure... should he get credit for not completely letting loose.. absolutely not. He threw mutiple punches to a woman that was defenseless on the ground...

But again I think both are very much in the wrong. But someone said the current situation was behind handled different than the simmons situation.. and that simply isnt the case. We did everything possible at MSU to not address the simmons situation.. we are doing the same here.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
It involved his Sister and Mom so it WAS Domestic.
I'm no attorney so I don't know for sure, but I thought that "domestic" means the crime is committed within the family or between people who are romantically involved. Simmons did not strike a family member and as far as I know he wasn't involved with the lady he struck. The same way three brothers getting into a brawl with three other loud mouths at a bar wouldn't be domestic violence, neither was the Simmons situation just because his family was around and involved in the fight as well.

Maybe this is semantics, but I think "domestic" violence carries a different weight than just a fight, so the distinction matters.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
It involved his Sister and Mom so it WAS Domestic.
Again, no it wasn't. Domestic violence occurs within the home, and the victim is a family member. If two brothers get in a street fight with another guy, that's not domestic violence.

ETA - I am not disparaging Simmons. I didn't think he should have been kicked off the team and he is obviously shown to be a great guy. But I do agree with DCD.....you can't sit here and call for Russell's head if you didn't do the same for Simmons.

Last edited:

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Tell that to the boy's family.
I didn't say it was right. And I can't tell it to his family because I don't know them and I have zero control over this situation. The world is tough enough today so I'm going to control me and the things on which I have influence. An example is not ending the previous sentence with a preposition.

Reactions: Pookieray

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So your cunty *** is on here raising hell without the facts (Admittedly). What a damn loser! You've got to be a woman with all this whining and gossipesque approach to message board. You aren't even using rumors. You just want to stir ****.
There are things we literally all know. It's easily found on the internet, so not rehashing that.

I mistakenly thought @DesotoCountyDawg was saying he had actual facts as far as the court case. It appears none of us have that, or at least no one willing to talk.

The new information is that Russell is now playing, and playing well, in practice.

That's it. The discussion is about why is he playing, and why don't we know about this case, that appears BAD on the surface from the information that's out there (see first sentence).

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
There are things we literally all know. It's easily found on the internet, so not rehashing that.

I mistakenly thought @DesotoCountyDawg was saying he had actual facts as far as the court case. It appears none of us have that, or at least no one willing to talk.

The new information is that Russell is now playing, and playing well, in practice.

That's it. The discussion is about why is he playing, and why don't we know about this case, that appears BAD on the surface from the information that's out there (see first sentence).

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: AlCoDog and Pars

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I'd feel better, and I'm sure the family of the victim (and the victim himself) would feel better if he was arrested like he should have been. I'd also feel better if we'd quit coddling these hugeass athletes that go around beating the hell out of random people smaller than them, just because reasons. It's sickening.

Remember Joe Mixon and Amelia Molitor? I'm betting you don't. But she does. And you would if it was your daughter.

We are immortalizing the wrong people.
what if he and the kid reached confidential settlement to make it all go away? Its between them two and we dont need the details to "feel better."

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
what if he and the kid reached confidential settlement to make it all go away? Its between them two and we dont need the details to "feel better."
If that's what happened, fine. I'm just curious why no one knows anything about it, and Russell was never even arrested. Maybe the family is just that hardcore True Maroon? But considering their attorney's letter to the cops and our leadership, I can't believe that's the case.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Again, no it wasn't. Domestic violence occurs within the home, and the victim is a family member. If two brothers get in a street fight with another guy, that's not domestic violence.
When I think "Street Fight" I imagine 2 guys going at it due to dissin', turf control, theft, etc with malicious intent. Non injury slaps due to seeing FAMILY Members physically abused seems Domestic in nature.

Ers236

Oct 5, 2023
If that's what happened, fine. I'm just curious why no one knows anything about it, and Russell was never even arrested. Maybe the family is just that hardcore True Maroon? But considering their attorney's letter to the cops and our leadership, I can't believe that's the case.
maybe the cops investigated and found that Russell did no wrong

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I really think Goat is on payroll here to create crazy threads that will drive traffic. That’s the only thing I can think of why this thread exists. No charges were filed. Google “De’Monte Russell fight” and the only results that come up are from EliteDawgs, the SEC Rant and Jackson Jambalaya. No legitimate news organization has reported anything about it. This is a non story that is being kept alive by MSU fans. It’s incredible that some of our fans are this 17ing stupid.

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
Simmons wasnt trying to get anyone off his sister. He knocked the fool out of a woman. He has since then shown good character but sometimes hitting rock bottom or doing something of that nature causes a change on ways.

For the record I'm not defending either. I think both are/were crazy in the wrong. But it was posed here by someone that we are treating this different than Simmons and we really arent
That first part a lie. The woman was on top of Simmon's sister, pummeling her. Simmons pushed her off and slapped her six times. He didn't knock the fool out of anyone. The woman immediately jumped up and resumed yelling at the sister.

Reactions: Anon1704414204
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login