Demonte Russell is a starting DE per Rosey….

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
We don't know because you can't prove a negative, but do you really think the three people who swore affidavits about what happened were lying? You think Fajr Hicks, presumably this Fajr Hicks https://www.newmaroon.msstate.edu/people/fajr-hicks/, is so fond of people that use that word that she made up the whole story about Russell being mad about a drink being thrown?
I never said I knew. My point is unless you were there nobody does

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Leach sucked! His recruiting came apart and it was nonexistent to begin with. He wasn't even around for workouts etc. He let his staff have too much control and it came apart. He'd have nothing this year had he not died. He couldn't find a viable WB for an offense that throws it every down. I hate he died, but I'm glad he's not our coach. Had the west not come apart the last few years both he and OM would look ba

Final 2 yrs .500 in SEC and last game coached won The Egg Bowl. What Sucks is Your Post, Not The Pirate. Great Leaders Lead not Micromanage.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Leach sucked! His recruiting came apart and it was nonexistent to begin with. He wasn't even around for workouts etc. He let his staff have too much control and it came apart. He'd have nothing this year had he not died. He couldn't find a viable WB for an offense that throws it every down. I hate he died, but I'm glad he's not our coach. Had the west not come apart the last few years both he and OM would look bad.
Only our dipshlt, moronic fanbase is capable of opinions like this. WE ARE MISS STAKE.

Reactions: 85Bears

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The problem isn't with players being criminals. The problem is with players that make it unsafe for regular students. Our football team when I was there had some criminals on there, none of them were generally a danger to random people. If you weren't dealing with gangs or drugs, they weren't going to mess with you.
You articulate things so much better than I do. Great post and explanation.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Goat is a stupid muthafacker USM grad that goes out of his way to make sure state is in a negative light on this board. He needs to be banned but we won’t do that to him. Only a POS southern miss grad would come on here and start this thread about something he had no idea about

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Goat is a stupid muthafacker USM grad that goes out of his way to make sure state is in a negative light on this board. He needs to be banned but we won’t do that to him. Only a POS southern miss grad would come on here and start this thread about something he had no idea about
In fairness he’s been banned at least 20 times.

Reactions: Bulldawg77

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Haven’t opined but saw there’s been 200+ responses, so thought it might help if I did to change some minds

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
??? Simple assault is pretty minor crime in the grand scheme of things. Stomping on somebody's foot intentionally is simple assault. Not saying Simmon's wasn't bad. But it wasn't anything like this case.

Medical bills could be going to the doctor to get looked at.

Again, this is from a perspective of somebody that is sheltered enough to not have had to see or deal with violent women.

We didn't not address the Simmons situation. We looked into it and determined that nothing needed to be done beyond some internal punishment. That was the right call. With a talent like Simmons, would we have tried to shelter him from criminal charges if he had done something more like Russell? Maybe so. But we never had to, because Simmons never put us in that situation.
1. Simple assault isn’t something as simple as stomping on someone’s toe. Again them charging him with simple assault is a big deal… if it was a nothing… he wouldn’t have been charged with anything

2. Paying for medical bills could also be thousands of dollars worth of rehab and damages. Neither know, however its clear the woman was hurt… or that’s never even mentioned. So your claim the woman wasn’t injured… is false.

3. You know nothing about my perspective. But if you want to applaud someone for throwing 6 punches at a woman while she laid on the ground defenseless… and in no way was hurting anyone in his family… for not doing more. Then so be it. Can’t believe we are using the fact that someone could have done more, but didn’t, as a positive. I could have killed the clerk but I still robbed the store. Sure it’s a positive but a crime was still committed.

4. We didn’t do anything until we utterly had too. same is the case here. So far we don’t have to say or do anything. When it comes time where we have too. I’m sure we will.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I never said I knew. My point is unless you were there nobody does
Yes, in the sense that nobody knows anything, ever, nobody knows anything here. But in comparison to most criminal cases, 3 affidavits from eye witnesses is pretty solid. Having two black females put their name to an affidavit and make a sworn statement that Russell stated he was upset about a drink is pretty good evidence that Russel flipped out over a drink and not a racial slur.

Reactions: 85Bears

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Presented without prejudice for those interested. Looks like Kingfish updated Jackson Jambalaya this afternoon with sworn affidavits and a letter to the DA regarding the case going to the Grand Jury in September

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
You think the severity of the injuries may have been exaggerated? Or maybe the attack coulda been justified based on prior conflict or self defense? What could possibly be missing here?
As I said, I don’t know what happened. That said, I’m certainly not jumping to conclusions based on the “frat kid’s“ lawyer’s statement.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
There are things we literally all know. It's easily found on the internet, so not rehashing that.

I mistakenly thought @DesotoCountyDawg was saying he had actual facts as far as the court case. It appears none of us have that, or at least no one willing to talk.

The new information is that Russell is now playing, and playing well, in practice.

That's it. The discussion is about why is he playing, and why don't we know about this case, that appears BAD on the surface from the information that's out there (see first sentence).
maybe you don’t know anything about the court case because there isn’t one…? The JJ article linked above says he’s “accused” (by the family’s lawyer). Has he been charged (that should be a matter of public record)? If not, maybe ask why not? Starkville PD has had PLENTY of time to investigate the matter and if they decided to not pursue charges, then maybe our own fans should let it go…

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
If that's what happened, fine. I'm just curious why no one knows anything about it, and Russell was never even arrested. Maybe the family is just that hardcore True Maroon? But considering their attorney's letter to the cops and our leadership, I can't believe that's the case.
So, again, you’re putting more weight on the attorney’s statement where he “accused” Russel of assault than an actual police investigation that, apparently, determined there was no evidence to support charges.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Only our dipshlt, moronic fanbase is capable of opinions like this. WE ARE MISS STAKE.
Leach never won ****. No conference tiles at all. Not eligible for the HOF because his winning percentage isn't good enough. Fact is, he wasn't and great NFL QB maker either. He was a cool guy with far right beliefs and dumb 17s like you eat that **** up. His recruiting coordinator pissed off everybody in MS and 17'd our recruiting. Leach ran off our best RB calling him names like a fool. Had Leach stayed another year, there was going to be mutiny on his ship.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Can somebody go ahead and make this political, religious or racial so we can lock it?
That’s exactly what a <instert political party> like you would say. Why don’t you go back to your <insert religion> church with the rest or your <insert race> friends.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
That’s exactly what a <instert political party> like you would say. Why don’t you go back to your <insert religion> church with the rest or your <insert race> friends.
Stop inserting yourself into my beliefs. You politically and religiously charged racists.

trump

kamala

Jews

christians

whites

blacks

biggots

badwords

#pronouns

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
maybe you don’t know anything about the court case because there isn’t one…? The JJ article linked above says he’s “accused” (by the family’s lawyer). Has he been charged (that should be a matter of public record)? If not, maybe ask why not? Starkville PD has had PLENTY of time to investigate the matter and if they decided to not pursue charges, then maybe our own fans should let it go…
Taking a charge to a grand jury does not mean the police made a decision not to charge. Police have a ton of influence but it’s ultimately going to be the DAs decision. Even if the police had been gung ho about charging him, it still would have gone to the grand jury unless Russell agreed to be charged with a felony without going through the grand jury (at least I think a bill of information has to be consented to for a felony?).

well see if the DA wants him charged. You can indict a ham sandwich, so if he doesn’t get indicted, it’s because the DA didn’t want him indicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login