Demonte Russell is a starting DE per Rosey….

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
That first part a lie. The woman was on top of Simmon's sister, pummeling her. Simmons pushed her off and slapped her six times. He didn't knock the fool out of anyone. The woman immediately jumped up and resumed yelling at the sister.
I guess in the video its hard to tell who was on top of whom. But I do know in said video. 3 people are beating up on ONE person.. and simmons throws multiple punches (how anyone can know if its a slap based on the video is beyond me) to a woman, on the ground, whose totally defenseless.

He was charged with simple assault. He also had to pay medical bills. Again simple assault charges arent just handed out.. and the paying of medical bills clearly means the woman was injured.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I really think Goat is on payroll here to create crazy threads that will drive traffic. That’s the only thing I can think of why this thread exists. No charges were filed. Google “De’Monte Russell fight” and the only results that come up are from EliteDawgs, the SEC Rant and Jackson Jambalaya. No legitimate news organization has reported anything about it. This is a non story that is being kept alive by MSU fans. It’s incredible that some of our fans are this 17ing stupid.
Google? Media?

1723135087801.png

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I guess in the video its hard to tell who was on top of whom. But I do know in said video. 3 people are beating up on ONE person.. and simmons throws multiple punches (how anyone can know if its a slap based on the video is beyond me) to a woman, on the ground, whose totally defenseless.

He was charged with simple assault. He also had to pay medical bills. Again simple assault charges arent just handed out.. and the paying of medical bills clearly means the woman was injured.
I doubt she was hurt bad but I wasn't there and don't know details about her injuries. But I DO know if he had used clinched fists with an ounce of his total strength her head woulda been violently going back and forth. She also woulda been left unconscious with possible brain damage and / or even death. And that even goes for most all guys here on The Pack including me.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It's been a long time since we've had a really good old fashioned "goat gonna goat" thread. Good stuff.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It's been a long time since we've had a really good old fashioned "goat gonna goat" thread. Good stuff.
If caring about a kid that nobody else obviously cares about (because he's not an average starter on a bad defense), then I'll continue to goat.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Most likely thing that happened. I know as much as goat does and he is speaking authoritatively on the subject so I guess I can too. Russell and frat boy get into an argument. Frat boy drops n word. Russell decks him. Russell then realizes he shouldn’t have done that and apologizes to him despite the n word. Frat boy’s lawyer goes off to Jackson Jambalaya before he knows all the facts. Frat boy admits he dropped n word. They decide not to press charges because the family doesn’t want the n word to come out in court and potentially cost frat boy job opportunities in the future. Everyone moved on with their lives. Months later, Goat decides to make a threat on this and clutch his pearls tight to his chest. And here we are.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Most likely thing that happened. I know as much as goat does and he is speaking authoritatively on the subject so I guess I can too. Russell and frat boy get into an argument. Frat boy drops n word. Russell decks him. Russell then realizes he shouldn’t have done that and apologizes to him despite the n word. Frat boy’s lawyer goes off to Jackson Jambalaya before he knows all the facts. Frat boy admits he dropped n word. They decide not to press charges because the family doesn’t want the n word to come out in court and potentially cost frat boy job opportunities in the future. Everyone moved on with their lives. Months later, Goat decides to make a threat on this and clutch his pearls tight to his chest. And here we are.
so honors student who is in student govt called the football player who outweighs him by 110 pounds the N word ? Makes sense. Very believable. I guess that justifies the head injury.***

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
so honors student who is in student govt called the football player who outweighs him by 110 pounds the N word ? Makes sense. Very believable. I guess that justifies the head injury.***
Smart people use the n word all the time. Especially if they’re drunk. Idk if that happened, but nobody else on here knows what really happened either. All I know is that no charges were filed.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Fair and Informative Take even though I've been agreeing with Goat.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
We will never win ballgame with a crew of Sunday school teachers. Look back thru all past champions. Every one of them is loaded with hard core animals. It's a violent game dominated by violent people. Some of them are better at turning the beast mode down when off the field but they are still carrying it with them.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Smart people use the n word all the time. Especially if they’re drunk.
WTF? Speak for yourself.

There is no way a 6', 150 lb. dude, who is apparently well mannered, called Demonte Russell, a 6'4 280 lb. defensive end, that word. Absolutely no way.

I also realize that is literally the ONLY thing that you can say to justify this to yourself. You want it to have happened that way, then you say "welp he deserved it" and then keep that nose to the sky.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022
The letter from the victim's attorney with attached affidavits from witnesses is dated 8/6/24. So that may be where JJ's renewed interest is coming from. The 4 affidavits and references to traumatic brain injury don't sound too good.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
WTF? Speak for yourself.

There is no way a 6', 150 lb. dude, who is apparently well mannered, called Demonte Russell, a 6'4 280 lb. defensive end, that word. Absolutely no way.

I also realize that is literally the ONLY thing that you can say to justify this to yourself. You want it to have happened that way, then you say "welp he deserved it" and then keep that nose to the sky.
Serious question. How do you know he definitely did not say that. I don’t know what was said and neither do you

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I wonder how many of the "facts" in this thread are actually true? I don't know and have no way of knowing.
I don't know about relevant facts are since we're dealing with football players or big people in general. Everyone should know that they are not human beings and make mistakes like the rest of us. They should be jailed immediately if they screw up.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
The letter from the victim's attorney with attached affidavits from witnesses is dated 8/6/24. So that may be where JJ's renewed interest is coming from. The 4 affidavits and references to traumatic brain injury don't sound too good.

Yea if anyone reads that i dont know how you can continue to make excuses for Russell. I imagine its going to end up in court and it should.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Serious question. How do you know he definitely did not say that. I don’t know what was said and neither do you
At this point very few actually know what happened but no one I know that kk owns the young man believes rumors he through out a racist remark. I have had numerous young folks from Clinton that know him and they have all stated he was one of the nicest kids at Clinton HS. It appears this case is headed towards a grand jury in July. It would be nice to know if the DA recommends a true bill or no bill. It looks like the victims family doesn’t have a lot of faith in the DA.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
The George Soros DA won't charge him. Only hope is the student files a lawsuit and every penny Russell earns is given to the kids medical bills.

But we all knew he would start. Hope he gets chop blocked.
Seeing as how secret societies run frats, sports and courts nowadays, it’ll be interesting to see what they do with this…

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Pretty big difference between Simmons having a one time incident and Russell. I don't have a strong opinion on how bad or not this is, but it's not the same thing as Simmons.

ETA: corrected
Also Simmons wasn’t enrolled yet, Russell was on the team when his happened. That’s the biggest difference.

Reactions: stateu1

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Yeah, probably came about because practice started and Russell was in it like nothing happened. Same shock that I had over a blatant act. No matter what happened before, you can’t assault someone to that level.

As much as some people think that that goat means the acronym, I’m not really that important.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
How do you know it hasn't already been handled "internally"? Do you think Saban, Smart, or any other SEC head coach would make an announcement or release a statement about an incident like this?
Smart did last week with RaRa, and then released him

Reactions: 85Bears

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We don't know because you can't prove a negative, but do you really think the three people who swore affidavits about what happened were lying? You think Fajr Hicks, presumably this Fajr Hicks https://www.newmaroon.msstate.edu/people/fajr-hicks/, is so fond of people that use that word that she made up the whole story about Russell being mad about a drink being thrown?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
We may find out pretty quickly how a relatively young, inexperienced new head coach handles distractions and controversy. He's been in the room in other places when decisions were made. He may have been helping with those decisions. What will he do when he has to own it?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We don't know because you can't prove a negative, but do you really think the three people who swore affidavits about what happened were lying? You think Fajr Hicks, presumably this Fajr Hicks https://www.newmaroon.msstate.edu/people/fajr-hicks/, is so fond of people that use that word that she made up the whole story about Russell being mad about a drink being thrown?
Don’t be bringing stuff like that into this. What about Jasmine Foreman? Can’t imagine she thinks slurs are cool. They think I’m just trying to trash our program. There are some things that are bigger than sports.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We may find out pretty quickly how a relatively young, inexperienced new head coach handles distractions and controversy. He's been in the room in other places when decisions were made. He may have been helping with those decisions. What will he do when he has to own it?
People wonder why I compare Lebby to Moorhead.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He was charged with simple assault, that doesnt just get handed out over nothing.

??? Simple assault is pretty minor crime in the grand scheme of things. Stomping on somebody's foot intentionally is simple assault. Not saying Simmon's wasn't bad. But it wasn't anything like this case.

He also had to pay the womans medical bills... so the narrative that the woman wasnt hurt is again not correct...

Medical bills could be going to the doctor to get looked at.

Could he have done more to said woman... sure... should he get credit for not completely letting loose.. absolutely not. He threw mutiple punches to a woman that was defenseless on the ground...

Again, this is from a perspective of somebody that is sheltered enough to not have had to see or deal with violent women.
But again I think both are very much in the wrong. But someone said the current situation was behind handled different than the simmons situation.. and that simply isnt the case. We did everything possible at MSU to not address the simmons situation.. we are doing the same here.
We didn't not address the Simmons situation. We looked into it and determined that nothing needed to be done beyond some internal punishment. That was the right call. With a talent like Simmons, would we have tried to shelter him from criminal charges if he had done something more like Russell? Maybe so. But we never had to, because Simmons never put us in that situation.

Reactions: MedDawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We will never win ballgame with a crew of Sunday school teachers. Look back thru all past champions. Every one of them is loaded with hard core animals. It's a violent game dominated by violent people. Some of them are better at turning the beast mode down when off the field but they are still carrying it with them.
The problem isn't with players being criminals. The problem is with players that make it unsafe for regular students. Our football team when I was there had some criminals on there, none of them were generally a danger to random people. If you weren't dealing with gangs or drugs, they weren't going to mess with you.

Ers236

Oct 5, 2023
I dont know these people or what happened but I had friends in college who used that slur with their black friends and it wasn’t an issue

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
This thread is an example why State athletics can't catch up. The people would rather lose. 17 all you 17rs! Never mind the police handled this. Nevermind he's going to sit games. Our fans suck!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This thread is an example why State athletics can't catch up. The people would rather lose. 17 all you 17rs! Never mind the police handled this. Nevermind he's going to sit games. Our fans suck!
We can’t catch up (in football) because our coach died, we hired an idiot who got fired after one year (unprecedented shlt) due to Miss Stake fear, changed our successful branding for no good reason, and made another easy hire who has no discipline.

FACTS.

Reactions: 85Bears

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We can’t catch up (in football) because our coach died, we hired an idiot who got fired after one year (unprecedented shlt) due to Miss Stake fear, changed our successful branding for no good reason, and made another easy hire who has no discipline.

FACTS.
Leach sucked! His recruiting came apart and it was nonexistent to begin with. He wasn't even around for workouts etc. He let his staff have too much control and it came apart. He'd have nothing this year had he not died. He couldn't find a viable WB for an offense that throws it every down. I hate he died, but I'm glad he's not our coach. Had the west not come apart the last few years both he and OM would look bad.

Reactions: Ers236
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login