Depth of talent

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Is it just me, or does the depth of talent across the board seem as good as any time in recent history? There are a heckuva lot of quality wrestlers, and a heckuva lot of incoming talent and (potential) future talent. Seems to me like there will be very few locks this year. There will even be some competition for Spencer and hopefully for Gable. Curious what others think.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Is This Thing On Mic Check GIF by Originals

NittanyChris

Oct 12, 2021
I think the extra year of eligibility due to the pandemic is partly responsible for the depth of which you speak. Heavyweight is definitely deeper and has more top end talent than in many years. Still, it’s kind of hard to see anyone beating Gable. Tony Toothpick will go down in history as the only one to beat him and he did it twice!
141 and 174 are insanely tough this year. As for 125, the addition of the Ivy schools strengthen it but again, it’s Spencer’s to lose if healthy.

Goosfraba

Oct 29, 2021
I think the extra year of eligibility due to the pandemic is partly responsible for the depth of which you speak. Heavyweight is definitely deeper and has more top end talent than in many years. Still, it’s kind of hard to see anyone beating Gable. Tony Toothpick will go down in history as the only one to beat him and he did it twice!
141 and 174 are insanely tough this year. As for 125, the addition of the Ivy schools strengthen it but again, it’s Spencer’s to lose if healthy.
Agree on all points!