Despair on the plains

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Assume you're asking me? Yes, Bama, Georgia, Texas, Tennessee, Ohio State.....all similar. Alabama is not some tank that is rolling through college football like they were under Saban.

There may be a few others that could be in there too, just don't know enough yet.
Well Bama only plays one more of those teams. Milroe is a big friggin problem for anyone. It doesn’t matter that his intermediate passing game sucks. He can break a run and he has good deep ball accuracy with at least one receiver that can catch anything in his vicinity. TN might top em in a shootout though. UGA took forever to get a good pass game going.

Fishsqeezer

Jan 3, 2023
In retrospect, I'd probably give the nod to Chevy. His run on SNL was slightly before my time but I’ve probably seen most if not all of the early seasons.

Jerk or not, he is my favorite of the original crew and his films still to this hold up as comedic genius.
Nope
Not ready for prime time players the best ever
John Belushi
Dan Ackroyd
Gilda Radner
Jane Curtain
Garret Morris
Bill Murry

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Nope
John Belushi
Dan Ackroyd
Gilda Radner
Jane Curtain
Garret Morris
Bill Murry
I remember watching the first ever episode at Wood Manor. Flipping around (turning the dial) on a Saturday night, happened to run across it and wondered what the heck it was. Became appointment TV for the rest of college and the next 20 or so years. Between getting old(er) and just not as funny, I stopped watching.
In fairness, while the originals set the standard, there've been a ton of incredibly funny folks roll through there over the years.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The current two guys doing weekend update are the best who have ever done it
tina fey bitches get stuff done GIF

Reactions: HailStout

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
I remember watching the first ever episode at Wood Manor. Flipping around (turning the dial) on a Saturday night, happened to run across it and wondered what the heck it was. Became appointment TV for the rest of college and the next 20 or so years. Between getting old(er) and just not as funny, I stopped watching.
In fairness, while the originals set the standard, there've been a ton of incredibly funny folks roll through there over the years.
Mannnn
I lived at wood manor from 1979 -
Holy S..t. What a great time.
there was an apartment across the road from wood manor.
Called open arms..
Was known as open arms and open legs.
So many hos lived there
Great times.
Thanks for the memories

Reactions: Anon1664516582

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Nope
John Belushi
Dan Ackroyd
Gilda Radner
Jane Curtain
Garret Morris
Bill Murry
They were all great, obviously, but the specific question was about the host of Weekend Update. I know Jane Curtain did it, and Akroyd for a bit, but I still would say Norm and Chevy have to be 1 & 2. Nealon's demeanor and sense of humor puts him up there too.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
In retrospect, I'd probably give the nod to Chevy. His run on SNL was slightly before my time but I’ve probably seen most if not all of the early seasons.

Jerk or not, he is my favorite of the original crew and his films still to this hold up as comedic genius.

Chase basically invented Weekend Update, and his deadpan delivery kind of set the tone for the entire show. But his writing was always much better than his performing. In fact, he was originally hired as a writer and just sort of weasled his way onto the cast.

His "run" on SNL was 1 season, plus a couple of episodes in the second season.

I don't care about his off air personality, but somewhere along the way he just stopped being funny. Maybe when he stopped doing coke? He had some funny bits on Community, but the last time I found him really funny was in Three Amigos.

ETA: Give me Norm as top Weekend Update Anchor.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login