Dillon Johnson has entered the transfer portal

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Y'all know I'm a Leach critic, but a lot of y'all are jumping to conclusions that there is absolutely no evidence to support. Y'all need to cool it.
Nah, we're bleeding playmakers. I don't care what Leach said or didn't say. We obviously have problems.

Reactions: patdog and 77Dog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Knowing Dillon a little bit, I am shocked to see this. He’s a nice kid and has always seemed very mature. I don’t know what happened- obviously they did not have some good conversations.

I hate to lose him.
My guess is he wants more carries to show off his ability as a running back and leach told him he's a little beotch and to quit complaining and he said that he wants to explore other options and then leach told him he wasn't tough enough to be in the program and stick with it and to get to stepping.

that's all speculation but I could see that happening.

not a good look for him or leach.
Not a good look to blast your coach like that.
but from leach recruiting is harder than ever now and backs already don't want to come play for us because they won't get as many carries as a traditional back. I don't want to get in the habit of running off our best running back. Seems to be a pattern with that. Leach expects running backs to know their place in the offense and that's to pass block, swing passes, and occasionally toting the rock.which we we ran more we won.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
Maybe Leach is moving to the power I and DJ wasn’t tough enough at this time to handle it.

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We need to make sure we keep Woody now. Increase his NIL money or whatever, but we need to keep him along with Price and whatever RB we might can get from the portal.

cytubb

Feb 25, 2008
Knowing Dillon a little bit, I am shocked to see this. He’s a nice kid and has always seemed very mature. I don’t know what happened- obviously they did not have some good conversations.

I hate to lose him.
Nice kids don’t say what he said .😂

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I can only guess he was contacted by another school saying he would get # carries, and then met with Leach (or Washington or Hughes) and then Leach relayed the bye bye and get tougher.

Part of the dirtiness of the portal is recruiters getting into the backups ear and saying "why aren't you getting more"? I can only guess that's what has happened here.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I hate it, but it is what it is. We do not know the behind the scenes and what was done or not. But this will go down as a not so great thing to be remembered by.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
Obviously, not the smartest tweet by Johnson.

But if what he is saying is true, Leach is taking the wrong road by berating players that come talk to him about possibly transferring.

It makes me wonder what the conversation was exactly & how much of this was just an emotional DJ.

I supervise a lady that flips out at least once every 2 or 3 months. Good worker, but if someone catches her on a bad day, I will get a freaked out email or call about how so and so said she can’t do their job or we don’t trust her or some other real paranoid crap. Nine times out of ten she is absolutely wrong about conversations and is projecting her own insecurities.

Maybe Leach did say things directly, but DJ’s post just reminded of that paranoid, emotional woman.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We don't have any depth at the spot and don't need to run players off, but I just don't know why CML would say he wasn't tough. He played tough all year. Not very cool to throw that out in public tho. Not cool at all

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What back have we seen lay someone out this year or stiff arm a CB and embarrass them

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I guess we will see what Mike can bring in to take his place. Maybe it will be a better back.

WutheringDawg

Dec 4, 2010
We don't have any depth at the spot and don't need to run players off, but I just don't know why CML would say he wasn't tough. He played tough all year. Not very cool to throw that out in public tho. Not cool at all
I would bet that the conversation that DJ is referencing in his tweet was “post-decision.” No way leach just woke up and decided he was anti-Dillon.

timeline feels like:
DJ gets an offer he likes

DJ tells coaches he’s transferring. Expecting bittersweet congratulations.

Grouchy leach says something he shouldn’t have like “you know Dillon, that doesn’t represent the toughness we want on this team. If you’d rather abandon your team for an easier gig then I’m glad you’re making that decision for us.”

DJ gets his feelings hurt and blasts leach on Twitter.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You are probly correct about that. He mentioned more money or something and Leach just told him his honest thoughts instead of trying to talk him out of it. And that is way too funny right there. Pac12....lol

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
This is what happens when immaturity meets money and pure free agency. Kid has no clue he is giving off a bad look. His call to make, though, and his decision to live with.
This crap is killing college football and people realize it, I believe, but can’t do a damn thing about it.

Reactions: Maroon13

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Weak
Soft
B*tch
Ignorant

Leach was obviously right about this dude. (If what he said was true). He got more touches than all but two teammates and that wasn’t enough. Fine leave, but be professional about it.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I would bet that the conversation that DJ is referencing in his tweet was “post-decision.” No way leach just woke up and decided he was anti-Dillon.

timeline feels like:
DJ gets an offer he likes

DJ tells coaches he’s transferring. Expecting bittersweet congratulations.

Grouchy leach says something he shouldn’t have like “you know Dillon, that doesn’t represent the toughness we want on this team. If you’d rather abandon your team for an easier gig then I’m glad you’re making that decision for us.”

DJ gets his feelings hurt and blasts leach on Twitter.
Try Dillon demanded the ball and blew up on the staff. The soft part is a reference to Leach calling out the WR/RB groups after a game.
Dillon is no huge *** loss. Yes, it's a loss, to this year's team, but he's nothing special. Slow, can't make cuts, not as good a receiver as Woody. But it hurts this team and he hurt State in attempting to hurt Leach. Really immature move.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
It makes me wonder what the conversation was exactly & how much of this was just an emotional DJ.

I supervise a lady that flips out at least once every 2 or 3 months. Good worker, but if someone catches her on a bad day, I will get a freaked out email or call about how so and so said she can’t do their job or we don’t trust her or some other real paranoid crap. Nine times out of ten she is absolutely wrong about conversations and is projecting her own insecurities.

Maybe Leach did say things directly, but DJ’s post just reminded of that paranoid, emotional woman.

When I read DJ's tweet, I immediately thought to myself "that sounds like something a woman would say."

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Friends Love GIF by Woodblock

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Yikes. It seems that the sentiment from former players is a lot different from current players. A lot of frustration flying from all sides.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Rosebowl just confirmed that DJ didn't make up the statement. Rosebowl said he's confirmed that " Leach did say words to the effect that Dillon Johnson is "not very tough" and that he's "kind of glad he's leaving"." Man, that's tough all the way around.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Rosebowl just confirmed that DJ didn't make up the statement. Rosebowl said he's confirmed that " Leach did say words to the effect that Dillon Johnson is "not very tough" and that he's "kind of glad he's leaving"." Man, that's tough all the way around.
Tough compared to Rodriguez at KY? Hmmm. That's the toughest I saw this year

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login