Ely’s Hail Steak seasoning….

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Is it good, too salty, just right, not putting that on a prime filet ?
What say ye SixPack?
Me and Ms NT went to Ely’s last week for my birthday. I don’t like getting a steak out very often because I think my steak is usually better. But dam their steak is very good and one of the few places that I like a lot better than my own. It might bee the seasoning but more than likely it’s the 28 day dry aging. It’s expensive but worth it on occasion.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My wife put in her spaghetti, and it was delicious. She has also put in grilled hamburgers. Again delicious.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Me too! But I'm working a side hustle to go there one day..........
Mel Brooks Comedy GIF

HulksStache

Mar 4, 2013
Whenever someone compliments my steak and ask how I season them I lie and say just salt and pepper bc I have sixpack syndrome

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder or a garlic clove rubbed on the steak right off the grill or skillet. Maybe a stick of butter if your hungry.

I haven't bought prepared steak seasonings in many years.

Reactions: Fritz!

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder or a garlic clove rubbed on the steak right off the grill or skillet. Maybe a stick of butter if your hungry.

I haven't bought prepared steak seasonings in many years.
All a steak needs is a light coating of olive oil with some coarse sea salt, freshly ground yet coarse black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Nothing crazy spicy, nothing sweet, and nothing tangy. Just enough to let the beef be beef.

Reactions: She Mate Me
Jan 4, 2024
The only things a filet needs are a bit of salt, pepper and a good sear on both sides.
I put a little salt and ground black pepper on one side then just a dab of Lea & Perrins and more ground pepper on the other. Used to over do it. I know I'll catch some heat but I don't do quick sear jobs. Just kinda slow till med rate.