Fat Man's Observation - King Cakes from Costco are good...

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
That chocolate mousse tuxedo cake they have is good enough to serve to company.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
So is their $1.50 slice of pizza. Heck, me and my son visit Costco on a Saturday around 1100 just to get a free lunch from all the samples. “Microsoft is down 3 points” -name that movie
big daddy thumbs up GIF

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
Dong Phuong. If you have one you won't want another. Although manny Randazzos and camellia city Randazzos are close. Dough nguyener's and hi do are also on my list now over on the west bank. Tried those recently.

View attachment 522523View attachment 522524
Agreed, friend brought us a dong phung back a couple weeks ago. Strawberry is all they had left, so probably their least sold flavor. Was superb.

On topic though, the Costco cakes are very good for being a big box attempt.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Agreed, friend brought us a dong phung back a couple weeks ago. Strawberry is all they had left, so probably their least sold flavor. Was superb.

On topic though, the Costco cakes are very good for being a big box attempt.
I'll have to try it, sometimes rouses can have a good one depending on their bakery. We have a saying though, friends don't let friends eat Walmart king cake. It's usually taboo around here to get a big box king cake. Too many good bakeries especially French style bakeries within easy driving distance. On top of that the Vietnamese bakeries seem to be my favorite.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Sounds drunk and possibly stupid too. Dean wormer says that's no way to go through life.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Also, that new chocolate chip cookie at the foodcourt goes real hard

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Imma come on out with this take.......no offense to you Catholic guys, I respect your religion. But.....

I just ain't a fan of Mardi Gras, king cakes, New Orleans, etc. I'm not an anti-alcohol Baptist - I'm actually 2 steps from being a full fledged alcoholic myself, and I would really like weed to be legal, etc. And I like to party. I just don't get into whatever Mardi Gras is.

Am I the weird one?

Reactions: RopeDawg

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Imma come on out with this take.......no offense to you Catholic guys, I respect your religion. But.....

I just ain't a fan of Mardi Gras, king cakes, New Orleans, etc. I'm not an anti-alcohol Baptist - I'm actually 2 steps from being a full fledged alcoholic myself, and I would really like weed to be legal, etc. And I like to party. I just don't get into whatever Mardi Gras is.

Am I the weird one?
Never been to Mardi Gras huh?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

Am I the weird one?
Raised southern baptist, now Catholic. I hated king cakes growing up. Still don’t like most of them because they have WAY too much sugar and frosting. That’s why I like the Paul’s pastries ones.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Am I the weird one?
Yes

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
been about 23 years or so
Where did you go and what did you do? Mardigras is more than just crowds in the quarter or downtown.part of the culture in between parades and other events. I would recommend checking out parades outside of downtown and looking into other events surrounding. It's kind of like going to games at the dude. Some folks don't really get the lounge but different experiences depending on what you do. Those just going and sitting at the game in the stands or berm not getting same experience.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011

Am I the weird one?
Not Catholic but I’m all in on any occasion that encourages Mrs Bite to flash the puppies !

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
There was a shortage of Gambino King Cakes this year. The place I usually get mine from had to cancel all orders because the bakery couldn’t fill it.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Where did you go and what did you do? Mardigras is more than just crowds in the quarter or downtown.part of the culture in between parades and other events. I would recommend checking out parades outside of downtown and looking into other events surrounding. It's kind of like going to games at the dude. Some folks don't really get the lounge but different experiences depending on what you do. Those just going and sitting at the game in the stands or berm not getting same experience.
Yep. We went with a few families a few years back and stayed in the Garden District and it was awesome. Never graced the quarter.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Robert St Johns bakery has one that's not sweet like most. It's the "original traditional" made from a good bread with whatever flavor. If you hate the overly sweet kind, go for it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login