FC/OT: Beaver stadium video boards…

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
They were posting scores on the lower strip during the entire BG game…
They have posted them for a long time.

And from most vantage points, they are extremely difficult to read. Yes, if you carry binoculars it makes it way easier but by and large it is really bad.

Additionally, from our POV and everyone in our section agrees, the new graphics on the big board during the game are really lousy as well.

Is this all worth bitching about? Since you can’t get a signal to look anything up on your phone, yes it is. You would think they understand people are interested in more than what’s going on down on the field during every break in the action.

But, Weis Markets has a brand new slightly larger ribbon for boosting five day old meat……

Last edited:

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Is that the new Chinese grocery store I heard was moving into town?? It’s funny how an apostrophe typo can change everything.
Thanks for pointing that out! Yes, it’s amazing what spell check/ auto correct can do to a thought on an IPad.

troutrus

Oct 7, 2021

And from most vantage points, they are extremely difficult to read.

Is this all worth bitching about? Since you can’t get a signal to look anything up on your phone, yes it is. You would think they understand people are interested in more than what’s going on down on the field during every break in the action.

Sadly, I guess for some the Eagles were right.
IMG_1035.jpeg

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021

And from most vantage points, they are extremely difficult to read. Yes, if you carry binoculars it makes it way easier but by and large it is really bad.

Additionally, from our POV and everyone in our section agrees, the new graphics on the big board during the game are really lousy as well.

But, Weis Markets has a brand new slightly larger ribbon for boosting five day old meat……
@Psu00
Tgar,
Agree with all you mentioned with an addition.

The a$$e$ were 1/2 sentence on the upper message strip in both the National Anthem & Our Alma Mater. I sit on the 43 yd line, difficult to read the lines due to the strong sun's glare on the stadium south side and impossible to read on the north side due to the sun's reflection on the upper message strip.

In previous yrs, the words were displayed on the lower strip.

I didn't notice any scores on the message strips, only on the lower left corner of the score board, too small & difficult to read from mid field.

F'en clowns.

Reactions: Tgar

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Ads can only hope to be effective when eyes are on them. If people don’t have a reason to look in certain directions because the content they seek can’t be read, well we’d better hope the marketers don’t take note and reduce their willingness to spend.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
View from my seats in the H.C. Section'

The yellow arrows indicate where additional advertisement strips are being installed on the north & south sides of the stadium.

green arrows indicate where the sentences to the National Anthem and Alma Mater are presented in the smallest strip in the stadium.

A$$e$

CLICK TO ENLARGE PIC

1726936207463.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tgar

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
@Psu00
Tgar,
Agree with all you mentioned with an addition.

The a$$e$ were 1/2 sentence on the upper message strip in both the National Anthem & Our Alma Mater. I sit on the 43 yd line, difficult to read the lines due to the strong sun's glare on the stadium south side and impossible to read on the north side due to the sun's reflection on the upper message strip.

In previous yrs, the words were displayed on the lower strip.

I didn't notice any scores on the message strips, only on the lower left corner of the score board, too small & difficult to read from mid field.

F'en clowns.
My god, lighten up.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
My god, lighten up.
🧐

Latest posts