FC:OT: Kendrick Lamar to perform at Super Bowl LIX halftime…

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Animated GIF

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Speak for yourself. I love Kendrick.

I do too - still not the intended audience. They played ‘Not Like Us’ at the game yesterday…

Kendrick is a really odd choice because he’s not a ‘hit maker’ like Dre or Eminem or Jay Z. Will be interesting to see how this goes…

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
I do too - still not the intended audience. They played ‘Not Like Us’ at the game yesterday…

Kendrick is a really odd choice because he’s not a ‘hit maker’ like Dre or Eminem or Jay Z. Will be interesting to see how this goes…

I think that it’s an extremely intentional choice by ROC Nation.

Reactions: Midnighter

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Agree…I’ll listen to anything and I’m sure I’ll like it. But he doesn’t “move the needle” for either myself or my kids (and obviously not my parents). To me, the other side of his “beef” (Drake) would make more sense.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Looking forward to the show and any surprises they have in store.

Reactions: Garw

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
Looking forward to the show and any surprises they have in store.
Will that become a trend in future halftime shows? Have a named artist to start the show, but unveil the "surprise" A-list act during it. It seems that is becoming an emerging pattern lately.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Will that become a trend in future halftime shows? Have a named artist to start the show, but unveil the "surprise" A-list act during it. It seems that is becoming an emerging pattern lately.
It appears to be the winning formula for drawing the most eyes to the event.

Reactions: Nittany1865Farmer

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
On a related note, who the hell are these people on the MTV Music Awards commercials? Outside of Katy Perry, who the hell are these people?

Is it possible that I am not MTV’s target audience?

o_O

EDIT: I’ve also heard of LL Cool J. 😀

Mar 9, 2022
I've always been a Kendrick hater...can a few posters suggest 2-3 songs to "change my mind?" I just think his voice is very weak, his raps are good, but not great, and he's just overrated in general. I'd love to be proven wrong. Thanks.

Reactions: LionJim

Latest posts