FC/OT: RIP Pete Rose

wbcbus

Oct 8, 2021
Understood. But McGwire clearly lied and they let him coach. A Rod is all over the place covering MLB. All cheaters. They wouldn't even let Rose near the game. Like I said, I think he's a scumbag, but the irony is blatant.

But again, gambling on games is much worse for the game than steroids. For sports to work, fans have to believe that every person and player involved is trying their best to win. Gambling casts doubt on that, and therefore is the greatest sin in sports and must be dealt with more harshly than anything else, including roids.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
But again, gambling on games is much worse for the game than steroids. For sports to work, fans have to believe that every person and player involved is trying their best to win. Gambling casts doubt on that, and therefore is the greatest sin in sports and must be dealt with more harshly than anything else, including roids.
This post is brought to you by Draft Kings. The official sponsor of the MLB, NFL, NHL, PGA TOUR, and UFC. Ironic that gambling pays part of the players salaries, huh?

Last edited:
Reactions: SleepyLion

troutrus

Oct 7, 2021
We are after all a nation of laws and rules. And as we know, NOBODY is above the law.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I'm not a fan of Pete at all but he was born in the wrong era. These days you get put in a time out for gambling as a player.

They asked Pete if he played in today’s game what would he hit. He said’ around 180-190, but of course I’m 83”!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login