Football Weekend: What are you drinking?

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Right now Yuengling Lager out of a can in a frozen aluminum tumbler. But...

I am awaiting a call from Total Wine on a special order keg for the tapster - Michelob Light (not ultra). Gonna be a few days. Will be interesting to see how it tastes.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Started dinner at Bistro 19 with a Black Manhattan. This features Woodford with Avena Amara as well as a variety of bitters. Solid. Enjoyed a Willamette Valley Pinot with sea bass.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Beer and homemade brandy. Germans know how to party. I’ve drunk more in the last two weeks than I had all year long up until our starting our trip.

Interesting tidbit: The alt beer from Schumacher’s in Dusseldorf is Yuenling, absolutely.

Last edited:

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Started dinner at Bistro 19 with a Black Manhattan. This features Woodford with Avena Amara as well as a variety of bitters. Solid. Enjoyed a Willamette Valley Pinot with sea bass.
Did the sea bass have frickin’ lasers on their heads?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Right now, a Dunkin regular brew, but I too enjoyed a Sam Oktoberfest while watching IL vs NE. I watch the shelves at my local grocery store with great anticipation this time of year. Always grab a 12 pack as soon as they hit the shelves.
Today is the first day of Oktoberfest in Munich. I took a train from Oberagammau to Munich this morning and half the men on the train were wearing lederhosen. It’s a beautiful day for a parade and a party, 70 degrees F. (No, I’m not in Munich today. We start a tour soon and need to be in the west of Germany today.)

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Today is the first day of Oktoberfest in Munich. I took a train from Oberagammau to Munich this morning and half the men on the train were wearing lederhosen. It’s a beautiful day for a parade and a party, 70 degrees F. (No, I’m not in Munich today. We start a tour soon and need to be in the west of Germany today.)
My company is headquartered near Koblenz. I love Germany. Haven’t been able to get there this time of year. Enjoy!

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I’ll ask Jane to share the pics she took.

They seem to be wearing short pants with some sort of suspenders. Very interesting.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Coffee lot and lots of coffee.

heading to October fest on south street then to chickee and Peet’s to watch the game then to elo tonight. People that went last night said it was awesome!

troutrus

Oct 7, 2021
Half and half tap water and Lipton Green Tea over ice with a squirt of juice from a plastic lemon.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
I stopped at the state store in Edwardsville, Wednesday after work.
to my surprise on display in the front of the store were three (6 bottles/case) cases of Eagle Rare 10 yr old bourbon for $35, limited two per costumer.

Very "rare" find. No clue how a state store in Luzerne County could have this particular bourbon, let alone for $35 where the going price, if the bourbon is available, is from $120 - over $200 at private stores in the surrounding states.

Going to share with my son & grandboys for the USC game, Game party at my son's house on the homestead. No driving involved.

1726939041466.png
Also have a few 1926 Padrons stashed away from the time i was a cigar enthusiast.

Last edited:

Latest posts