Gamecocks MBB picked 11th in SEC

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm good with it. Don't really want expectations yet. Last year they picked us 14th out of 14.

This year they picked us 11 out of 16. I think it's a reasonable prediction as we need to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

I expect we'll have a bit of a drop-off from last year, but finishing 11th would be pretty disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsb16

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
Really excited that the season start is just 18 days away. Really curious to see what Conyers can do. If South Carolina can pull off ten to twelve conference wins and win ten non conference games I think the season would be a success. Is Okku Federiko still with the team? I do not see him listed on Gamecocksonline roster.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Really excited that the season start is just 18 days away. Really curious to see what Conyers can do. If South Carolina can pull off ten to twelve conference wins and win ten non conference games I think the season would be a success. Is Okku Federiko still with the team? I do not see him listed on Gamecocksonline roster.

We SHOULD be able to pull of 10 non-con wins. Aside from IU and Clemson. the other 10 games should be considered winnable. Don't know how good Clemson will be this year since they lost their best player. Maybe that's a win as well.

The SEC schedule is a gauntlet. 9 of our 17 league games are against teams currently ranked (which doesn't mean anything).

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
Comments on a few opponents

Good thing that Alan Flanigan is no longer at Mississippi or they would have been a big brawl when they come to play at the Colonial Life Arena. Also Ja'Von Benson is on the Mississippi roster.

Broome and Mr. Technical foul Chad Baker-Mazara is still at Auburn, but hot head K.D Johnson no longer there.

How will South Carolina defend this guy?

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Comments on a few opponents

Good thing that Alan Flanigan is no longer at Mississippi or they would have been a big brawl when they come to play at the Colonial Life Arena. Also Ja'Von Benson is on the Mississippi roster.

Broome and Mr. Technical foul Chad Baker-Mazara is still at Auburn, but hot head K.D Johnson no longer there.

How will South Carolina defend this guy?

How does anyone guard that guy?

USClight

Joined Feb 5, 2003
Jan 19, 2022
I'm good with it. Don't really want expectations yet. Last year they picked us 14th out of 14.

This year they picked us 11 out of 16. I think it's a reasonable prediction as we need to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

I expect we'll have a bit of a drop-off from last year, but finishing 11th would be pretty disappointin

I expect we'll have a bit of a drop-off from last year, but finishing 11th would be pretty disappointing.
Any idea for a starting 5?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login