Gene’s

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Jean and Rosey are bent out of shape because people use funny gifs on 24/7. Much like the ones you see above. And rightly so, they are getting buried on 24/7 for it.

To be clear, they got bent out of shape because they interjected themselves into the basketball coaching search then got upset when Paul got the lion's share of the kudos for his coverage. That's really at the root of all of this.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
His ticket board was useful, best place I could find to buy/sell tickets. But other than that I haven't been there in 15 years. I could still log in as of last fall but wasn't able to post when I tried to sell tickets. Guess I'm considered a spambot or something.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
There comes a time when you come to the end of a book and need to close it.

genes was fun decades ago. But it’s a as dead as a small town downtown on a Sunday night.

sad to see it wither on the vine.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
Welcome to the party, pal.

It's been 20? Years since gene banned me. I think I went there once 3 years ago to see some comment, and that's been it.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Gene, and to a point MSU, isn't willing to adapt. We're the last sumbeaches to do anything because we're so damn afraid of change. Both are stuck 25 years ago. Byrne came in and did some things but since then, it's back to the sad *** MSU way.

Sep 15, 2009
Gene is a joke. He and his crew of geriatrics need to retire. Hell, he’s been supposedly handing it off to Steve for a decade now. Hate it for Paul (and Robbie). Paul built a nice community of State fans over there that wanted the alternative to Gene and he comes over there and 17s everything up. Think about the ego of naming a sports message board after yourself, not the school, while not reporting or covering anything but wanting to enforce your rules on posters. Insanity.
I don't think the name can be related to the University but DawgPound would have been nice.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I thought we weren't here in 2002.

The bannings started happening in late 2002. I think it all came to a head in the spring of 2003 when the six pack took Jean's advice and went to start their own board.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I’ve never had an account there either. Knowing Jean very likely wouldn’t allow a screen name like CooterPoot on his website tells me all I need to know about his level of message board seriousness and lack of humor. If ya can’t laugh at vaginal farts, we can’t be friends.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
The ones that didn't get banned in 02 and 03 got our walking papers during the Croom years. Criticize a coach one time and boom, banned.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Went there one time when first looking to join a MSU board. Joined SPS and never looked back

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Welcome to the party, pal.

It's been 20? Years since gene banned me. I think I went there once 3 years ago to see some comment, and that's been it.

I was banned a long time ago too. But Gene reacquired me after the merger. He definitely holds a grudge about the old days and has sent me threatening DMs before though. It hasn't happened in a while because the last time it happened other mods got involved to fix it.

jsireland

Sep 1, 2003

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My condolences to SPS but I only post here. I don’t visit GP at all and have never posted. About twice per football season I’ll drive by ED if someone on here reports some nearly unbelievable take was made regarding diet coffee or similar and I just have to rubber neck a little. No account on ED and have never posted.

I just left ages ago before the SPS website reboot (lost a few thousand posts in the transfer) and was never banned. Never subscribed because I quit following recruiting after I realized we would never compete with the LSU or Bama's out there. It was a lot more fun here

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
I followed Paul from BDJ. Canceled in January because I was done with Gene and his crew. I’ll sign back up if the name changes and it’s just Paul and Robbie again.

Same for me. Out of respect for Paul and Robbie I tried to give it a fair chance after the merger but had to call it quits after a month or two.

PorkRoast

Sep 19, 2017
I must admit, I’m impressed with myself. I managed to get banned from the SEC Rant before Gene’s Page somehow. I guess I’m getting soft in my old age.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I must admit, I’m impressed with myself. I managed to get banned from the SEC Rant before Gene’s Page somehow. I guess I’m getting soft in my old age.

How in the blue hell did you get banned from the rant?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I thought we weren't here in 2002.
I thought you meant bannings of posters. You are correct we weren't here in 2002 which reminds me, the 19th anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks.

One more year to this website being 20 years old.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I thought you meant bannings of posters. You are correct we weren't here in 2002 which reminds me, the 19th anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks.

One more year to this website being 20 years old.

I’m getting old.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login