GiVe uS MoRE MoNEy!!!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
One of the better scout teams I've seen us put on the field. Although the body language looks like a spring game, I love that 1-2 players are fighting hard for more playing time.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
There will be pain. We got started behind the curve. The funds will work to sign players, before they are already GONE, next season.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Or a Toledo fan apparently
Right? Surely it's not too much to ask of our administration to better than Toledo and dead man walking Florida. I will agree Florida had more talent but they have been poorly coached. Suddenly they look a lot better against us. Toledo no way in hell they should drub as home or away

Reactions: Dawgg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He’s right. We are poorly run right now. Doesn’t hurt to admit the truth.
You and I dont always agree but this we agree on. I'm so tired of poor decisions being made at msu and then those people asking me for money for support. Its like giving the alcoholic begging for money 20 bucks. You know they about to go spend it on alcohol. Now if someone comes in that I have confidence in making better decisions might be more willing. But right now whatever boosters are in charge haven't made wise choices. I don't feel like Keenum has made many for us. He is very focused on his national role.

Reactions: Maroon13

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If Cohen was still here, would we be in this position today after the death of Leach? I didn't like Cohen but he was a Miss State guy hiring the best he could get. Selmon I don't about him. I have a bad feeling he will hire buddies.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If Cohen was still here, would we be in this position today after the death of Leach? I didn't like Cohen but he was a Miss State guy hiring the best he could get. Selmon I don't about him. I have a bad feeling he will hire buddies.
Cohen made some bad moves but usually corrected them with better hires. I wish they would have followed the leach model after his death of going to get someone some experience and winning as a head guy. Guys like cignetti were right there. We have lebby for 2-3 years so he better make some changes or we did our hole deeper

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Cohen made some bad moves but usually corrected them with better hires. I wish they would have followed the leach model after his death of going to get someone some experience and winning as a head guy. Guys like cignetti were right there. We have lebby for 2-3 years so he better make some changes or we did our hole deeper
If he doesn't make changes in the off season, ticket sells will go down. donations will slow and the entire fan base will be really pissed off. Also if not, this will be his first and last HC job.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You and I dont always agree but this we agree on. I'm so tired of poor decisions being made at msu and then those people asking me for money for support. Its like giving the alcoholic begging for money 20 bucks. You know they about to go spend it on alcohol. Now if someone comes in that I have confidence in making better decisions might be more willing. But right now whatever boosters are in charge haven't made wise choices. I don't feel like Keenum has made many for us. He is very focused on his national role.
I know how these guys feel. I was the same way the second year of Moorhead because I THOUGHT he was here no matter what for another year after that, so may as well support and hope it gets better. Deep down, we all knew he sucked (especially you - I remember). I just don’t have that energy any more. And thankfully, Cohen cut that rip cord.

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
Lebby has an internal system in place now that he didn’t fully have the benefit of last year. They have made the operation much more sophisticated.

• Haha
Reactions: RockyDog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
HELL NO! Cohen was substance, Salmon is style. Style don’t work at MSU.

Reactions: GloryDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I know how these guys feel. I was the same way the second year of Moorhead because I THOUGHT he was here no matter what for another year after that, so may as well support and hope it gets better. Deep down, we all knew he sucked (especially you - I remember). I just don’t have that energy any more. And thankfully, Cohen cut that rip cord.
Lebby can figure out the offense I think, the offense has flashes. But the defense. Him completely ignoring the defense and hiring a bunch of dudes with zero good background was a terrible sign and thing to do. If you don't understand line of scrimmage is where changes are won, you aren't going to win much. MSU must always have guys that can do more with less like Mullen or Leach. Picking OU coordinators or Penn State coordinators where they always have great players is not usually good for MSU. We need developers or evaluators. Lebby did originally come from Baylor tree so I had hope he would pull more of that Briles system. Whether people like it or not we will always be behind on Money. NIL or not, nothing has changed there. It's just out in the open now. If we raise 8 mil the richer school will raise 16. We need good evaluators and developers. Because MSU will lose if we play keep up with the Jones's.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lebby can figure out the offense I think, the offense has flashes. But the defense. Him completely ignoring the defense and hiring a bunch of dudes with zero good background was a terrible sign and thing to do. If you don't understand line of scrimmage is where changes are won, you aren't going to win much. MSU must always have guys that can do more with less like Mullen or Leach. Picking OU coordinators or Penn State coordinators where they always have great players is not usually good for MSU. We need developers or evaluators. Lebby did originally come from Baylor tree so I had hope he would pull more of that Briles system. Whether people like it or not we will always be behind on Money. NIL or not, nothing has changed there. It's just out in the open now. If we raise 8 mil the richer school will raise 16. We need good evaluators and developers. Because MSU will lose if we play keep up with the Jones's.
Moorhead did too, against shltty teams. But against anyone with a pulse it’ll be like hitting a brick wall. With cinder blocks behind it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lebby has an internal system in place now that he didn’t fully have the benefit of last year. They have made the operation much more sophisticated.
After watching this team, in all aspects, offense included, are you convinced this is the guy to invest in so heavily?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Moorhead did too, against shltty teams. But against anyone with a pulse it’ll be like hitting a brick wall. With cinder blocks behind it.
It doesn't look good for sure if we can't beat Toledo or score more than 28 against Florida. I expect Texas to be 70-0

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
After watching this team, in all aspects, offense included, are you convinced this is the guy to invest in so heavily?
I know you didn’t ask this part, but to elaborate on my statement about the internal system that somebody mentioned above, his GM wasn’t hired until January, so he has had more time to get up to speed, and the Athletic Department has also recently added significant resources (including a former football player at Missouri) to stay on top of the game on football rev share / NIL, etc. aspects. Because of this, I think there will be much more evaluation time - including on the existing roster as well as transfers - and I think they will be in a position to be much more aggressive / strategic / planned, etc. this year, particularly with the recent announcement.

As to whether this is to place the investment, I know this is a tough time to try to make an argument for or against. I do believe, though, that this has to work and that if we don’t give it every chance, we will just guarantee that we are stuck in this same bad cycle.

Oct 7, 2022
I know you didn’t ask this part, but to elaborate on my statement about the internal system that somebody mentioned above, his GM wasn’t hired until January, so he has had more time to get up to speed, and the Athletic Department has also recently added significant resources (including a former football player at Missouri) to stay on top of the game on football rev share / NIL, etc. aspects. Because of this, I think there will be much more evaluation time - including on the existing roster as well as transfers - and I think they will be in a position to be much more aggressive / strategic / planned, etc. this year, particularly with the recent announcement.

As to whether this is to place the investment, I know this is a tough time to try to make an argument for or against. I do believe, though, that this has to work and that if we don’t give it every chance, we will just guarantee that we are stuck in this same bad cycle.
Charlie, FWIW, I’ve got a friend/down the road land owner that recruits money for large funds. He’s got Lebby as a client. “He says” Lebby reminds him of a young Jackie Wayne. We’ll see.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Thank you Charlie for your contribution, and input. But, from the fans side, NOTHING has changed, NOTHING. You may see it but we don't see anything but same ole same ole. Matter of fact, we are seeing less than we saw last season. How are we supposed to buy in to that? You are talking I assume about internal changes but fans don't give 1 hoopty rah about internals, it's on the field improvement we look for and it's not there. Bless you!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Fair enough. Thanks for all you do.

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
Thank you Charlie for your contribution, and input. But, from the fans side, NOTHING has changed, NOTHING. You may see it but we don't see anything but same ole same ole. Matter of fact, we are seeing less than we saw last season. How are we supposed to buy in to that? You are talking I assume about internal changes but fans don't give 1 hoopty rah about internals, it's on the field improvement we look for and it's not there. Bless you!
No, I get it. I’m not at all trying to say life is great - it’s not. And it will probably get worse (or at least be as bad quite a few more times) before it gets better. Ultimately, though, we need a way out of this hole we are in, and I am hopeful that the improvements the athletic department put in place for football will help. Maybe not, but I’m hoping that having a GM in place with in-house support will give them a clearer path. Tough day, and I probably shouldn’t have inserted myself. I am just glad to say that the approach will be different (and hopefully more transparent in the near future).

Oct 7, 2022
No, I get it. I’m not at all trying to say life is great - it’s not. And it will probably get worse (or at least be as bad quite a few more times) before it gets better. Ultimately, though, we need a way out of this hole we are in, and I am hopeful that the improvements the athletic department put in place for football will help. Maybe not, but I’m hoping that having a GM in place with in-house support will give them a clearer path. Tough day, and I probably shouldn’t have inserted myself. I am just glad to say that the approach will be different (and hopefully more transparent in the near future).
From a true Mississippi State perspective, different is good.

Reactions: CharlieWinfield