Good thread from the pay board - What's your unpopular State opinion?

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Jackie Sherrill is massively overrated as a head coach by our fans. Won some big games, yes but lost a lot of head scratchers in a time when the SEC was as weak as it will ever be, and then absolutely destroyed the program on his way out.
I love that he let us compete for the West for a few years, but it was absolutely weak. It was fun to have that Florida game, though, where we ran all over Spurrier. Losing to Arkansas in the cold, wet rain is still one of my worst sports experiences

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The State script logo is at most the 4th best one we got and shouldn't be the primary of any sport
The Office Thank You GIF

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Especially the Butler and Xavier losses. Xavier in particular would have beaten anyone that day.

Probably could include the year Texas put us out too.
Yeah, I was thinking Xavier and Texas, but you’re right about Butler too. Plus we performed decently in the 8/9 seed slot but had to face 1 after that

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
MSU is hard place to recruit good athletes because of Starkville and where it is located, and its fanbase is complacent

Lemonis was a bad hire

The State script is awful and just makes our image take a step back

Dr Keenum, albeit the 2nd-4th most powerful person in the state of MS, cares nothing about academics and only about enrollment numbers

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Script STATE for baseball and basketball jerseys. Fan Gear too.Block STATE for Football jerseys. Walking or Ferocious Bully for hoops court and football field. Interlocking MSI

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
We have the worst "Brand Name" in the SEC - Vandy at least has the best academics in the league - and are the second most likely team to get the boot when the great culling comes.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Script STATE for baseball and basketball jerseys. Fan Gear too.Block STATE for Football jerseys. Walking or Ferocious Bully for hoops court and football field. Interlocking MSU for football helmets but maybe leave the "U" out?

Reactions: Bulldawg56

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Sonny's was the elite early/mid 2000s Starkville BBQ option (although I ate at Petty's more often). Al's was great when it was open.

Reactions: NashLA and hdogg

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Croom gets way too much credit. People act like he turned water into wine. We went from a 3-win team to a 4-win team (sprinkled in with a Liberty Bowl win).

"Wale he cleent up da progrum." Whatever....
Absolutely agree - there was no reason whatsoever for the level of roster purging that Croom inflicted on our football program at the beginning of his tenure. MSU could have been somewhat competitive his first 2-3 seasons if he hadn't targeted for exit any JWS recruit. Croom was a complete buffoon. He was way worse than Rockey.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
-Interlocking MSU is by far the most outdated looking log we've used and considered bringing back. I truly think its embarrassing.
-I don't think Dorman is all that bad, it needs some exterior updating which it is getting now but never thought it was that bad. As for looking bad on tv, they never show it, the front is covered up by trees.
-Little Dooey isn't even in the top 20 BBQ places I've eaten.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login