Good thread from the pay board - What's your unpopular State opinion?

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
NIL is retarded and I’d rather buy my wife, kids, or myself something “xtra” than give one of these entitled, attention deprived drama queens who will transfer in a year to Bama if they are actually good one red cent of my hard earned money.

In the “old system” at least you knew your money went to something tangible like a fresh coat of paint if you gave to the AD or if you contributed to a collection plate, you’d have the kid for 4 years.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Our fan base is fat. Not that there’s anything wrong with that**

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Our fan base is fat. Not that there’s anything wrong with that**
Sad Tim Robinson GIF by The Game Awards

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I hate this depressing *** thread.

But, I will add to it: our fans' self-loathing and constant negativity about our own teams, fans, athletes, and especially the city of Starkville -- hold us back from getting better. Like them or not (I sure as 17 don't), the people of UM and Oxford have the complete opposite mindset (total buy-in no matter how shittty they are) and it does help them build momentum, even when not warranted. It sucks.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
I love that he let us compete for the West for a few years, but it was absolutely weak. It was fun to have that Florida game, though, where we ran all over Spurrier. Losing to Arkansas in the cold, wet rain is still one of my worst sports experiences
We had the West won three years in a row. Arkansas stopped us in 97 and 99.

• Sad
Reactions: eckie1

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
We had the West won three years in a row. Arkansas stopped us in 97 and 99.
I know we had it made in 1997 but lost games we shouldn’t have to Ole Miss and Arkansas. In 1999, I think Bama would’ve still gotten in over us because of the head to head win and only one loss

Edit: should’ve won it in 2000, though

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
State and Ole Miss being ranked super high in the first year of the BCS rankings was not an accident

State and Ole Miss winning back to back CWS natty's was not an accident

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Yeah, I was thinking Xavier and Texas, but you’re right about Butler too. Plus we performed decently in the 8/9 seed slot but had to face 1 after that
I’m pretty sure it was Xavier that threw up a half court prayer for a buzzer beater right before half…. Not that the first half went well outside of that shot, but I knew as soon as that went in that it was just Xavier’s day and we were 17’d…

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’m pretty sure it was Xavier that threw up a half court prayer for a buzzer beater right before half…. Not that the first half went well outside of that shot, but I knew as soon as that went in that it was just Xavier’s day and we were 17’d…
I remember beating them in the regular season in December that year served as a shining light for me as I was suffering through hell week

Reactions: Darryl Steight

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The heritage of this board as a haven for those with strong, often negative, opinions on MSU players, coaches, logos, other SPS brethren, etc, etc means it is too often dominated by overly negative grumps who are absolutely sure they are correct and don't mind ruining threads to argue anything ad nauseum with any and all comers.

Present company included...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Jackie Sherrill is massively overrated as a head coach by our fans. Won some big games, yes but lost a lot of head scratchers in a time when the SEC was as weak as it will ever be, and then absolutely destroyed the program on his way out.

I was honestly shocked at how many people had him in their Top 5 MSU coaches. Just look at the Alabama teams he was competing against.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
A student with a 32 ACT, 4.0+ HS GPA and numerous academic and community service awards should receive FULL RIDE from State for 4 full years. State is so tight with its scholarship and endowment money, its no wonder we lose great students to other universities.
Just in my extended family alone I can count three kids that ended up out-of-state with full rides or virtually full rides where state offered far less. A fourth and a fifth followed their older siblings to those out-of-state institutions without ever giving dear old state a second thought.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
The heritage of this board as a haven for those with strong, often negative, opinions on MSU players, coaches, logos, other SPS brethren, etc, etc means it is too often dominated by overly negative grumps who are absolutely sure they are correct and don't mind ruining threads to argue anything ad nauseum with any and all comers.

For the record, Lemonis sucks donkey balls as a recruiter and was a terrible hire.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

And, if I recall correctly, they proceeded to shoot 70+% from the field in the 2nd half.

Reactions: ronpolk and patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

For the record, Lemonis sucks donkey balls as a recruiter and was a terrible hire.

Let the thread ruination commence...

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
The script State is awful and really looks bad.

Madelon is a better college fight song than Hail State.

Fans that hate Dan Mullen should be denied entrance to Davis Wade Stadium.

adidas has been better for MSU than Nike would ever be.

Our athletic department has seen its best days. We are about to go downhill in every sport.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login