Good thread from the pay board - What's your unpopular State opinion?

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
No it wasn't. His tenure was short, but he loved the students. You could go to the President's house and have a Snicker bar with him. He was very approachable.
Met Doc once at a speaking event. Every time I passed him on campus after that, he would call me by name. “Hey biodawg! How are ya? How are classes going?”

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
I’ll add a brief tale about Sonny’s. My freshman year I convinced a girl to go to dinner with me. Naturally, I want to impress this young lady, straight from one of Memphis’ finer private schools, so I take her for the best bbq she’s ever had. Shockingly, she wasn’t impressed by the decor of plywood and trophies. Anyway, she orders the half chicken dinner. I guess she was trying to impress me with how little she could eat and thought it was going to be a half portion. Well, when that plate came out, and it was a chicken cut in half, smoked, and served just like that, including a small portion of the neck, she looked at me and we both realized our relationship was not going to reach the levels I had hoped she hoped for. Glad I found out early on that she wasn’t a keeper.
Pics during the ride back to Dorman?

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
One of my favorite things about college football is tradition and pageantry. And ours completely sucks. Stand up, watch a video, get excited, sit down and calm down, watch another video, stand up, sit, here’s a video, here’s an ad, do a cheer, play Madelone, here’s an ad, will ferrel, sit back down, give me another t, stand up again, start ringing, stop ringing for the ad, here’s the team running out, now watch another add, do 2 more different cheers that are abbreviated then kick. We have 37 different motions to go through before the game starts. Then when the game finally starts we can’t figure out how to prioritize the band vs the jumbotron’s sponsored interruptions.
Then some blue hair behind you says “sit down I can’t see

Reactions: uptowndawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The most recent MSU baseball team was a consensus Top 20 in the nation.

If that's somehow unsuccessful, I don't think you're in the correct fan base for your mental health. They were easily the best team among the Big 3 sports this past season.
We were asked what opinion we had that was not popular. If you think we had a successful baseball season, that's entirely up to you. I don't think we were a good hitting and base-running team, so I would have to say that we were short of where we usually aim to be at the season's end. Regarding our attaining a top 25 ranking, I would be stunned if we were not in the top 25 since the SEC was home to most of the teams at the World Series.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
SNL cowbell skit needs to be mostly retired… definitely not used every game.

If we’re getting our *** whooped, don’t play a 4th quarter hype song. Save it for the good games.

I don’t care what the logo is, but settle on one and be done. Quit trying to appease everyone. Can’t establish a brand if you change it all the time and use different ones for different sports.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We were asked what opinion we had that was not popular. If you think we had a successful baseball season, that's entirely up to you. I don't think we were a good hitting and base-running team, so I would have to say that we were short of where we usually aim to be at the season's end. Regarding our attaining a top 25 ranking, I would be stunned if we were not in the top 25 since the SEC was home to most of the teams at the World Series.

I don't even think your opinion is unpopular. It's quite common here for people to think we were unsuccessful in baseball this year for some reason or other.

I just find it silly to consider a season that exceeds expectations and is better than almost every other team on campus, unsuccessful. And kinda depressing.

No offense intended. You have plenty of company.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
Croom gets way too much credit.
Who in God's name are you hanging around that gives Croom too much credit? I haven't heard anyone say anything positive about him since August of 2008!

If you're talking about the media, that's all BS. They just act like he cleaned up the program so they can put a positive spin on their story on the first black HC in the SEC.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
That is definitely what the average six pack reader looks like
Next group looks like this:

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Said this on the pay board and I'll also say it here:

We should have enclosed both end zones and chairbacked the lower bowl in the east and west side before even thinking about adding the second deck.
So why pay when we have SPSLeaks?*******

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
"Davis Wade Stadium". Hardly anyone uses "Scott field" any more. 80 years of tradition "Scott field" was pissed away in an instant. Students barely know what Scott field is. A Larry Templeton special delivery.
Agree. Should have optioned the name to Bryan Foods so we could have “Juicy Jumbo Stadium”******

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Our Marketing dept, both athletically and overall for the University, needs to completely overhauled. They are terrible at their jobs and need to be fired a la Trump style

We don't do enough to highlight NATIONAL CHAMPIONS at Dudy Nobel (take a look at UVA's stadium)

Whoever designs fan clothing needs a new career.

In case it hasn't been said, the State script is awful

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don't even think your opinion is unpopular. It's quite common here for people to think we were unsuccessful in baseball this year for some reason or other.

I just find it silly to consider a season that exceeds expectations and is better than almost every other team on campus, unsuccessful. And kinda depressing.

No offense intended. You have plenty of company.
Following two seasons in which we missed Hoover twice and finished dead last and then next to last in the SEC, it was about as impossible to not exceed expectations this year as a season could possibly get. The bar has never been lower in the modern history of MSU baseball

All that said, between the addition of Parker and getting State baseball back into a regional, I do agree that the season should be considered a success on some level. Just not enough of one that it's improving goodwill for Lemonis by any significant amount