Got a feeling deer hunters and body shops are going

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
to have a busy year. At the end of my street in Madison this morning. A herd of 3 spikes, a 4 point and 3 does. They all looked healthy but there's just too many.

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What’s the going rate for deer processing these days? Just curious.
style giraffe GIF
motion GIF

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
What’s the going rate for deer processing these days? Just curious.
I think I paid $85 for the last one I killed and that was several years ago. Unless you can do it yourself, it’s cheaper to go to the grocery store and buy beef.

Dog88

Oct 8, 2023
Venison processing prices are insane. I can buy Country Pleasing smoked sausage in the grocery store for less than what it cost me to have the venison I provide the processor turned into sausage. We started processing our own ground venison last season due to the rising costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Motodawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Always ask the adjuster if he will let you file it under your comp and not collision. The worst case is he says no.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Buy a DC grinder instead of AC. DC grinders don't heat up. It's not hard to process your own meat, but it takes time. That's just part of the hunting process for me. It helps me appreciate what the animal provides and I can trim it up better than the deer processing places do. It also like to sharpen my knives, so there's that.

Reactions: turkish

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Buy a DC grinder instead of AC. DC grinders don't heat up. It's not hard to process your own meat, but it takes time. That's just part of the hunting process for me. It helps me appreciate what the animal provides and I can trim it up better than the deer processing places do. It also like to sharpen my knives, so there's that.
Sharpening knives is so relaxing while watching TV.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m seeing more in & around my neighborhood in Madison this year than I have in over 20 years living here. Used to just occasionally see them in & around the wood near the train track. But a lot more coming into the neighborhood these days.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login