Hey guys. We lost to Alabama by fewer points than Ole Miss lost to LSU

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Bobbybones GIF by National Geographic Channel

Oct 17, 2022
Our defense actually played well in the second half, Bama didn’t have many yards rushing.
lsu rolled up ole miss like a sunbelt team

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I looked at the final stats and was stunned to see we actually outgained Alabama 293-290. They just hit some big plays in the first half and when there were big plays to be made for us, we failed (Tulu’s dropped TD, Rara having his foot out of bounds when catching a long pass). We held them to basically nothing in the second half. Their only points came after we muffed a punt and another drive where we got a BS roughing the passer penalty that put them in field goal range.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I looked at the final stats and was stunned to see we actually outgained Alabama 293-290. They just hit some big plays in the first half and when there were big plays to be made for us, we failed (Tulu’s dropped TD, Rara having his foot out of bounds when catching a long pass). We held them to basically nothing in the second half. Their only points came after we muffed a punt and another drive where we got a BS roughing the passer penalty that put them in field goal range.
Going with “Statistically Mississippi State outgained Alabama but…” reeks of Stan Torgerson’s Ole Miss post game summaries.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yes, but in football how many times have we won at Bama with saban coaching? How many teams beat saban at home now ?
give me a break
You’re asking a guy on the spectrum to give you a break?

Dood, we’re the 17ing inspiration for the Beating a Dead Horse meme.

Death. Taxes. Bama Rolls Over State.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We were in a position to compete in that game. D definitely played well enough. Poor execution on offense is the reason it was not a game.
That all starts with the QB. Will had a few good throws last night, but the the throw Tulu dropped should have been out and over more in order to let him go get it. He would have caught it going away or the defender would have been flagged for obvious P.I. (he interfered anyway).
The play where Austin makes a great catch for a first down -- if Will throws that out in front of him he runs for 20 more yards.
Will may be the best passing QB we've ever had at State - right up there with Shell and Fant -- but he is not SEC level. Not athletic, doesn't see the field, and he's not a quick decision maker.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login