Holy crap, did Juwan Howard just lose his job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Got into it with the Wisconsin coach after the game today, and following a heated verbal exchange, Juwan reaches over the crowd to take a full swing at the guy. I mean, he’s gotta be fired for that, right? There are some things you just can’t do as a head coach, and that’s one of them

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Couldn't care less. Too busy watching us put a beat down on the Scum Bags.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
"Juwan Howard Was Assaulted!"

Emergency Press Conference - Juwan Howard Was Assaulted! pic.twitter.com/EKUqifyF4R— Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) February 20, 2022

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
Howard's not getting fired for that. Wisconsin coach shouldn't have put his hands on Howard, but Howard will get a multi game suspension, a fine and will apologize for being so tall and have a great reach.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Kinda a girly open palm slap. If he’s going to get fired, shoulda at least got a decent punch in.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I would announce an indefinite suspension for Howard. You can figure out the details as the week drags on.

Also, we don’t need a handshake line anymore.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
#NoExcuse. I'm sure someone will offer an opinion saying it was the fault of the Wisconsin Coach and Stephen A. Smith will absolve Howard as a victim of systemic racism and justifying his reaction/action.

I always thought he was an ******* somewhat shady even as a his time as a player and was surprised he was selected as a coach for Michigan. They have better options as coach for a school with their rep than a part of the Fab Four Chokers.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
After watching the video, and reading Howard’s defense that he felt threatened, one can’t help but call BS. Howard said someone touched him and was defending himself. He was pushed away from the UW coaches by the officials and he clearly came back into the huddle to struck the assistant. I don’t know anything about him but this makes him look pretty dumb and a coward. Just fess up to making a mistake. Or keep your mouth shut.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Howard's not getting fired for that. Wisconsin coach shouldn't have put his hands on Howard, but Howard will get a multi game suspension, a fine and will apologize for being so tall and have a great reach.

Putting your hands on someone doesn't deserve a punch to the face for coaches everywhere especially when they don't like the other coach calling time out when the game was already decided just to help his scrubs figure out how to beat the press by Michigan's starters

IF you are the head coach there is no excuse for throwing a punch no matter what happens or who the coach is period. Even he shoves you. You let him get suspended and show your players how to handle a loss with dignity.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Nah. The media will almost always allow violence as long as the person doing the assaulting says they were "disrespected".

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
57stratdawg said:
I would announce an indefinite suspension for Howard. You can figure out the details as the week drags on.

What? You’re saying that because a jerkwad got his feelings hurt and decided to be unsportsmanlike, we should do away with the sportsmanship part of games? How about just remove those who can’t be good sports from the sports?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What? You’re saying that because a jerkwad got his feelings hurt and decided to be unsportsmanlike, we should do away with the sportsmanship part of games? How about just remove those who can’t be good sports from the sports?

Why is that handshake line needed in basketball?
Do all the football players line up and mindlessly say 'good game' as they walk in procession?

When coaching volleyball, it's awkward as 17 to figure out if the other team wants to go thru the slapping hands process or just wave. It's 50-50 at this point and waving to one another seems to be plenty.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007

Are you kidding ?!?! Don’t need a handshake line anymore???
Ever heard of Sportmanship?
Losing with humility??

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
mstateglfr;[URL="tel:2021990" said:
2021990[/URL]]Why is that handshake line needed in basketball?
Do all the football players line up and mindlessly say 'good game' as they walk in procession?

When coaching volleyball, it's awkward as 17 to figure out if the other team wants to go thru the slapping hands process or just wave. It's 50-50 at this point and waving to one another seems to be plenty.
So what’s the point of even waving if one can’t even put forth the effort of shaking hands? I’ve watched baseball, flag football, soccer, and basketball teams do the shake.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Why is that handshake line needed in basketball?

Have you played sports at all on any level? What about games; billiards, darts, Cornhole, H.O.R.S.E., poker, etc?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Are you kidding ?!?! Don’t need a handshake line anymore???
Ever heard of Sportmanship?
Losing with humility??

Human beings have lost mutual respect for each other if they can't shake hands after a GAME. If he had a he should have handled things after he cooled off. The Michican fans saying it was ok because he was shoved should explain how this whole thing started because I don't thnk the Wisconsin coach was the initial aggressor and they must have thought Woody Hayes was just keeping it "G".

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Sometimes it's difficult to know what to do in these situations. For this one, it's not. He should be fired. Nothing more than the video is needed. He should probably also be arrested.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
There’s plenty of ways to show sportsmanship during a basketball game. Don’t be silly.

Does Howland even do it anymore? Seems like he walks off the court and waves at the opposing bench.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Yes, last year in the Big Ten tournament. He and the Maryland coach got into a shouting match and he was ejected from the game.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
57stratdawg said:
There’s plenty of ways to show sportsmanship during a basketball game. Don’t be silly.

Does Howland even do it anymore? Seems like he walks off the court and waves at the opposing bench.
Are you really trying to use Howland as a role model for something? Newsflash: congratulate your opponent after a game to show respect. That’s the point of the shake. What’s next after not shaking? Flipping them off after losing? What a loser mentality.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It’s pointless.

[TWEET]1495491150089699329[/TWEET]

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We should probably eliminate tests from school. Some people are terrible at those, too.**
I guess it would be better if we teach kids that if you lose a game, just go home home pouting without acknowledging your opponents good job. I’m sure that will make them better humans in the long run.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
We should also eliminate traffic stops since cops get killed by losers while we’re at it.***
Orrrrrr we eliminate losers from the game if they can’t be good sports! Have you thought about that aspect?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
“They’ll never be good human beings if they don’t line up like prisoners going to the showers and shake each other’s hands!”

[TWEET]1495503445255667713[/TWEET]

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I think you missed the boat on here. Some of these clowns already think testing should be gone and math is “unfair”.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
So what’s the point of even waving if one can’t even put forth the effort of shaking hands? I’ve watched baseball, flag football, soccer, and basketball teams do the shake.

The waving seemed to gain in popularity during '20 when sports started back up, but restrictions were still in place. Thats accurate for here, at least.

As for what is the point...it's a superficial way to close out a game, recognize the other teams and thank them, regardless of result.

The handshake line is just hilarious because you can get beat down and play terribly, but then you are told by 20 opponents that you had a 'good game'. It can often lack sincerity.

I coached 4 matches on Saturday- 2 handshake lines and 2 waves. I have no skin in the game, I will do either as a coach. It's just easy to recognize that the assembly line process of the handshake line often isn't sincere.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Have you played sports at all on any level? What about games; billiards, darts, Cornhole, H.O.R.S.E., poker, etc?

Yeah, I sorta played a bit. Still do. And coach.
What is your point in asking?

I posted this earlier- those who are crying for handshake lines to continue, do you ramble to anyone within earshot every Saturday in the fall because there are no handshake lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login