Honestly, why is there such toxic negativity about our football season?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
By all accounts we are having a pretty good season. After Saturday, we will be 7-4 with three of our four losses against teams currently ranked in the top 10. It’s a typical MSU of the past 12 years type of season. Dan Mullen had this same type of season almost every year. But there is such relentless negativity on this board by many people that you’d think we were on our way to a 4-8 season or something. Why is that? I’m genuinely curious. Is it that some just hate Leach’s personality so much that anything short of a 10 win season is not good enough? Did you raise your expectations when he was hired? What is it?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I blame message board forums.
Thats Me Jason Sudeikis GIF by Saturday Night Live

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
In all honesty.... I think it comes down to two things:
1. The Kentucky loss. Yeah, it's only one loss, but they just lost to Vanderbilt.
2. It's year 3 with Leach and I'm not sure we're better than we were in Leach year 1 or Moorhead year 2.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
By all accounts we are having a pretty good season. After Saturday, we will be 7-4 with three of our four losses against teams currently ranked in the top 10. It’s a typical MSU of the past 12 years type of season. Dan Mullen had this same type of season almost every year. But there is such relentless negativity on this board by many people that you’d think we were on our way to a 4-8 season or something. Why is that? I’m genuinely curious. Is it that some just hate Leach’s personality so much that anything short of a 10 win season is not good enough? Did you raise your expectations when he was hired? What is it?
Because people are nuts. We should all be pissed about the UK game though. Defense and offense didn’t off the bus. No excuse for that defensive performance. Offense sucked too but Kentucky has a pretty good D.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Because people are nuts. We should all be pissed about the UK game though. Defense and offense didn’t off the bus. No excuse for that defensive performance. Offense sucked too but Kentucky has a pretty good D.
Yeah, we keep hearing "win some he's not supposed to" and "lose some he's not supposed to"... but I'm seeing a lot more of the latter than former.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
My thoughts on the matter. I’ve seen this posted before on here but it’s true. Leach is a high floor coach. Go back and look at his year by year record. Except for the first few years at WSU, when he was pulling that program out of the abyss, he’s won between 7 and 9 games almost every season. He had one 11-win season at Tech and one at Wazzu, but almost every other year was between 7 and 9 wins. Throw out the Covid year, and that’s exactly what he’s done here. We have a stable program with Leach that will likely win 7 to 9 games a year with a potential double digit type win season if things break right. If some MSU fans aren’t happy with that, then they won’t be happy with Leach.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Also the fact that our “good” wins are A&M and Arky. One lost to App State at home and one lost to Liberty at home. Kentucky also lost to Vandy and So Car at home. We struggled against the only other team we’ve beaten that had a pulse (and that’s a dying pulse), taking OT to win.

Barring an upset in Oxford, we will have 7 wins against 6 god awful teams and one that didn’t have their starting QB.

Then the fact that our offense wasn’t remotely competitive in the 11 of 12 quarters against UGA, Bama, and LSU.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
My thoughts on the matter. I’ve seen this posted before on here but it’s true. Leach is a high floor coach. Go back and look at his year by year record. Except for the first few years at WSU, when he was pulling that program out of the abyss, he’s won between 7 and 9 games almost every season. He had one 11-win season at Tech and one at Wazzu, but almost every other year was between 7 and 9 wins. Throw out the Covid year, and that’s exactly what he’s done here. We have a stable program with Leach that will likely win 7 to 9 games a year with a potential double digit type win season if things break right. If some MSU fans aren’t happy with that, then they won’t be happy with Leach.
Bad coaches have won 7 games here. That's not a high floor. The offense and recruiting are going backwards. You guys that think we should be stuck at 7 wins a year and be happy suck! It's part of the problem at State. This stupid notion we should hold our spot and stay in our lane.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yep if Ole Miss was 4-6 right nowwe wouldn’t be upset. However, Cohen sold Leach to our fanbase as someone that with his Air Raid Offense would enable us to be more competitive with BAMA.
I would still be kinda “meh” about our current state, but I won’t deny back to back double-digit wins and NY6’s makes it worse.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Bad coaches have won 7 games here. That's not a high floor. The offense and recruiting are going backwards. You guys that think we should be stuck at 7 wins a year and be happy suck! It's part of the problem at State. This stupid notion we should hold our spot and stay in our lane.
What bad coaches have consistently won 7 games a season? Croom lucked into an 8 win season because a bunch of defensive touchdowns but he didn’t win more than four any other year. Hell, Dan Mullen averaged 7.6 wins a year in his tenure and I’m sure you’d welcome him back.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
People are mad about losing the egg bowl before we play it. That game is the difference between a good year and a bad one. For our fanbase this season the difference between 7-5 and an egg bowl loss and 8-4 with a win is like the difference between 10-2 and 5-7.

was21

May 29, 2007
In all honesty.... I think it comes down to two things:
1. The Kentucky loss. Yeah, it's only one loss, but they just lost to Vanderbilt.
2. It's year 3 with Leach and I'm not sure we're better than we were in Leach year 1 or Moorhead year 2.
There's a third thing: the current state of football at OM

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
People are mad about losing the egg bowl before we play it. That game is the difference between a good year and a bad one. For our fanbase this season the difference between 7-5 and an egg bowl loss and 8-4 with a win is like the difference between 10-2 and 5-7.
This is true. Both State and Ole Miss should enter the Egg Bowl 8-3. We screwed the pooch at Kentucky. If we had beaten Kentucky, losing the Egg Bowl wouldn’t really matter.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
For me it’s the Dan Mullen effect. The resources are available to break into the next tier if the right people in the right places make the right calls.

State may never be a perineal 10 win team but it seems like when the stars align for us to win 9 or 10, like this year, we **** the bed.

AL and GA are completely justified losses. Every other game is winnable. Hell we were up on LUS two scores on the road, but they made in game adjustments when State made zero.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What bad coaches have consistently won 7 games a season? Croom lucked into an 8 win season because a bunch of defensive touchdowns but he didn’t win more than four any other year. Hell, Dan Mullen averaged 7.6 wins a year in his tenure and I’m sure you’d welcome him back.
If Moorhead can do it, a blind squirrel can. This ain't 1985 anymore. Our program improved the last several years, along with now being a top 35 program revenue wise (we were near the bottom of the country in the 80s).
Forgive me if I don't won't to settle for an ugly chic because she's got big tits when I'm pretty confident I can plow a much better looking chic.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
there are a handful of dildos on this board like L4 that just post the same **** over and over again because they lead miserable lives with no control over anything so they come here to vomit on everyone else. Rinse and repeat
LOL.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Yep if Ole Miss was 4-6 right nowwe wouldn’t be upset. However, Cohen sold Leach to our fanbase as someone that with his Air Raid Offense would enable us to be more competitive with BAMA.
Because we would be expecting to beat them. A win in that game will make most of it go away.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If Moorhead can do it, a blind squirrel can. This ain't 1985 anymore. Our program improved the last several years, along with now being a top 35 program revenue wise (we were near the bottom of the country in the 80s).
Forgive me if I don't won't to settle for an ugly chic because she's got big tits when I'm pretty confident I can plow a much better looking chic.
We may be top 35 in the country but how many other SEC schools are higher than that? I’m guessing most of them. It doesn’t matter what we do in the country, it matters what we are relative to the rest of the conference. It’s like recruiting rankings. We can be 25th in the country, but only 12th in the SEC.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
1. Leach in no way shape or form is engaging.

2. We don’t seem to have improved since Moorhead was here and Joe won 2 Egg Bowls…

3. We are very boring to watch

4. Ole Miss has been ranked for 27 straight weeks in the AP Poll.

5. OM marketing is everywhere and trendy. Ours is blah.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We may be top 35 in the country but how many other SEC schools are higher than that? I’m guessing most of them. It doesn’t matter what we do in the country, it matters what we are relative to the rest of the conference. It’s like recruiting rankings. We can be 25th in the country, but only 12th in the SEC.
But we're talking about being able to find a better coach. And that's just revenue too. That's not including our SEC money. This is a great job now compared to 40 years ago. We can find a good coach. Mike Leach is a washed up history buff. He's not coaching or recruiting.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Blaming the fans is working out well for Disney and the rest of the film industry, we will see how much you achieve what you want with that theory.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We are about to be 0-3 in Egg Bowls under Leach. The last time a coach lost 3 in a row on our side was Felker. How did you feel about Felker in 1990?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I love how you act like it could all be solved with some great coach that we just discover hiding under a bushel basket. We need money, lots more money to get to where you want to be and you just skip right over that fact every time you start talking about this and tell us that it's our fault, because we only think in mediocre terms. Kinda need money for that secret, awesome, super coach you're talking about as well

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I love how you act like it could all be solved with some great coach that we just discover hiding under a bushel basket. We need money, lots more money to get to where you want to be and you just skip right over that fact every time you start talking about this and tell us that it's our fault, because we only think in mediocre terms. Kinda need money for that secret, awesome, super coach you're talking about as well
Be careful looking under those bushel baskets.

View attachment 262249

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Is the way we are losing games. Offense has been unwatchable the past few weeks.
This is what I was about to write. I get uncomfortable as hell every time our offense gets on the field. That and as others have said, that loss to Kentucky took a lot of wind out of my sails. Finally, and I really don't know how to explain this, but there just feels like there's no energy with this team. I don't get that "they're out for blood" feeling from them.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Curse of the white unis, particularly those awful white helmets!!

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
This is true. There is chance they could finish the season with 3 loses and lose their coach. We finish 8-4 and a nice bowl game.

I hope it happens.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login