Honestly, why is there such toxic negativity about our football season?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I think you meant our best coaches averaged 7 wins here…

Bottom line is that OM is doing well and some of our fans can’t stand it. KY game was disappointing, but when is the last time we’ve won in Lexington?
We fired our last coach who averaged 7 wins. So you'd be incorrect.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I love how you act like it could all be solved with some great coach that we just discover hiding under a bushel basket. We need money, lots more money to get to where you want to be and you just skip right over that fact every time you start talking about this and tell us that it's our fault, because we only think in mediocre terms. Kinda need money for that secret, awesome, super coach you're talking about as well
You'd be surprised what our money looks like. You shouldnt listen to hearsay. We aren't A&M, but we aren't poor as hell either.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Lol, exactly

i dont think cooter has ever made a post that isn’t negative and toxic, ever
You should stay on GenesPage. I'm the one saying we can be better. That's neither toxic, nor negative. That's as optimistic as it gets. Now move along.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
prefacing every toxic trash post with “ I demand championships, nothing less than 12-0” makes it optimistic

ok ,now go back to your van down by the river

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
prefacing every toxic trash post with “ I demand championships, nothing less than 12-0” makes it optimistic

ok ,now go back to your van down by the river
I welcome your troll *** to show me where I've said that. Now run along and start another Kiffin/Prime thread.

Reactions: Puppers

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s the eye test as much as anything. We haven’t even been competitive in any of our losses. We got blown out by a very mediocre Kentucky team that broke Vandy 26-game losing streak. And the Auburn win was the ugliest win against a helpless team I’ve seen in a long time. We looked ok vs a bad Arizona team, an awful A&M team and a mediocre Arkansas team playing their #2 & 3 QBs. We were sold in Leach’s offense and it just isn’t producing. If Rogers is the problem, why hasn’t Leach brought in a transfer QB. We’re not waiting for leach to find his QB. He’s shown us that Rogers IS his QB. It’s just been bad football all season in season #3 for him. I’m not calling for him to be fired, but he really needs to blow out ETSU and at least be competitive vs Mississippi.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
We have four losses, three are to #1 Georgia, LSU on the road, and Alabama on the road. Sorry we didn’t lose in fashion that pleases you enough.

at least we weren’t blown out 45-3 after the first quarter at LSU.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Some just like to look at the negative side of things. Running around saying the sky is falling no matter if it is or not.

I would say the rest are very vocal about the disappointing stretch the offense has had since the TAMU/ARK games. This is my biggest concern as well.

It really all hinges on the Egg Bowl for me now. 8-4 would be a good season and 7-5 would be a bit disappointing but not a bad season. The negativity will be really bad if we lose the egg bowl again, so here’s to hoping for a win.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
For me it’s the Dan Mullen effect. The resources are available to break into the next tier if the right people in the right places make the right calls.

State may never be a perineal 10 win team but it seems like when the stars align for us to win 9 or 10, like this year, we **** the bed.

AL and GA are completely justified losses. Every other game is winnable. Hell we were up on LUS two scores on the road, but they made in game adjustments when State made zero.
How have the stars aligned when State has the toughest schedule in the country? Better teams have lost to LSU this year. The Kentucky loss is inexcusable no doubt.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s the eye test as much as anything. We haven’t even been competitive in any of our losses. We got blown out by a very mediocre Kentucky team that broke Vandy 26-game losing streak. And the Auburn win was the ugliest win against a helpless team I’ve seen in a long time. We looked ok vs a bad Arizona team, an awful A&M team and a mediocre Arkansas team playing their #2 & 3 QBs. We were sold in Leach’s offense and it just isn’t producing. If Rogers is the problem, why hasn’t Leach brought in a transfer QB. We’re not waiting for leach to find his QB. He’s shown us that Rogers IS his QB. It’s just been bad football all season in season #3 for him. I’m not calling for him to be fired, but he really needs to blow out ETSU and at least be competitive vs Mississippi.
We weren’t competitive against LSU? We were leading in the fourth quarter. If Williams doesn’t fumble the punt on the 10 yard line, who knows how that game turns out? We were just as competitive against Georgia as any other team that has played them, minus Missouri. I agree, Kentucky was a bad loss, but even that one was on the road against a team ranked in the top 25 at the time.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My thoughts on the matter. I’ve seen this posted before on here but it’s true. Leach is a high floor coach. Go back and look at his year by year record. Except for the first few years at WSU, when he was pulling that program out of the abyss, he’s won between 7 and 9 games almost every season. He had one 11-win season at Tech and one at Wazzu, but almost every other year was between 7 and 9 wins. Throw out the Covid year, and that’s exactly what he’s done here. We have a stable program with Leach that will likely win 7 to 9 games a year with a potential double digit type win season if things break right. If some MSU fans aren’t happy with that, then they won’t be happy with Leach.
The only problem is that neither of those conferences are the best the sec is. None of those conference could have a possible two teams or more in the playoff each year.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If Moorhead can do it, a blind squirrel can. This ain't 1985 anymore. Our program improved the last several years, along with now being a top 35 program revenue wise (we were near the bottom of the country in the 80s).
Forgive me if I don't won't to settle for an ugly chic because she's got big tits when I'm pretty confident I can plow a much better looking chic.
Nobody wants to settle for anything. I promise everyone on this board wants state to be the best program in the country but you are delusional in your expectations, not just you several others too. You say we are top 35 revenue wise and that probably is true but we are still at the bottom of the SEC, the neighborhood we live in.

I personally don’t have the desire to defend leach. I was not a big fan of the hire but I would t advocate for firing him. He’s not doing a bad job. Just boring to watch.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Boils down to not winning games we should. And not being competive at all against bama when they are down in what should be an upswing year for us.

when we came out and beat Memphis and Arizona I though we were rounding the curve. We lost to lsu when they were still figuring themselves out. Sucks we had them in Death Valley at night, but we also won there two years prior. They may have won the west but they aren't an unbeatable team. I will excuse the loss but we fell part and made no adjustments where they did.Kentucky broke the back though and the offense disappeared for a month. Still not great. Veteran qb we were told would have up better offense than what we have seen. Leach needed reps and his players. 3 years plenty of reps and players. Now it's we still don't have the right players. When exactly will that happen? The age old backup qb is better than the starter.

got to beat the teams you are supposed to with veteran players.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We weren’t competitive against LSU? We were leading in the fourth quarter. If Williams doesn’t fumble the punt on the 10 yard line, who knows how that game turns out? We were just as competitive against Georgia as any other team that has played them, minus Missouri. I agree, Kentucky was a bad loss, but even that one was on the road against a team ranked in the top 25 at the time.
And had 3 key injuries in that game!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Let me say the quiet part out loud...

It's because OM is doing well.
You should never want your rival to be going to consistent sugar bowls and you are going to the Birmingham bowl. Being content with that is how we ended up with all those years prior to Jackie.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
By all accounts we are having a pretty good season. After Saturday, we will be 7-4 with three of our four losses against teams currently ranked in the top 10. It’s a typical MSU of the past 12 years type of season. Dan Mullen had this same type of season almost every year. But there is such relentless negativity on this board by many people that you’d think we were on our way to a 4-8 season or something. Why is that? I’m genuinely curious. Is it that some just hate Leach’s personality so much that anything short of a 10 win season is not good enough? Did you raise your expectations when he was hired? What is it?
Auburn
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Are all down but we have some insecure fans that can't focus on anything other than UM high ranking due to a easy early schedule ( beat KY last second in Oxford), and Tenn is emerging out of nowhere.

We can't enjoy who we are better than this year, we have to focus on what we are not. It's not good enough that we are the most productive program with the least budget.

I think we put these sad little fans on a bus and send them to the Plains and to College Station. They'll find some sad little soul mates there

Reactions: dawgdoug1962

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Auburn
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Are all down but we have some insecure fans that can't focus on anything other than UM high ranking due to a easy early schedule ( beat KY last second in Oxford), and Tenn is emerging out of nowhere.

We can't enjoy who we are better than this year, we have to focus on what we are not. It's not good enough that we are the most productive program with the least budget.

I think we put these sad little fans on a bus and send them to the Plains and to College Station. They'll find some sad little soul mates there
Zero wins over teams with winning records at this point. Lost to every team with a winning record.
Alabama has had tight games with everyone but us. Lost to Ky who isn't good. The offense is worse this year (we hired Leach for offense). This isn't a good year at this point. Win three more games and I change my take. Mike Leach can still have a good year. But it's not been good to this point. I'm simply amazed at the State fans that think we should be happy with mediocrity. We sound like Vandy fans, because the rest of this conference wouldn't be happy either.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
This is true. There is chance they could finish the season with 3 loses and lose their coach. We finish 8-4 and a nice bowl game.

I hope it happens.
Heck we could both finish 8-4. Them winning in Fayetteville is far from a sure thing.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Boils down to not winning games we should. And not being competive at all against bama when they are down in what should be an upswing year for us.

when we came out and beat Memphis and Arizona I though we were rounding the curve. We lost to lsu when they were still figuring themselves out. Sucks we had them in Death Valley at night, but we also won there two years prior. They may have won the west but they aren't an unbeatable team. I will excuse the loss but we fell part and made no adjustments where they did.Kentucky broke the back though and the offense disappeared for a month. Still not great. Veteran qb we were told would have up better offense than what we have seen. Leach needed reps and his players. 3 years plenty of reps and players. Now it's we still don't have the right players. When exactly will that happen? The age old backup qb is better than the starter.

got to beat the teams you are supposed to with veteran players.
It’s funny how people view progress differently. I would point to the Memphis and Arizona games as progress over last year. We beat both easily. We lost to Memphis just last year. Kentucky was always a toss up game, although we played poorly in that game. But in general we have taken care of games we should have this year. Auburn was certainly not impressive but a win.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s funny how people view progress differently. I would point to the Memphis and Arizona games as progress over last year. We beat both easily. We lost to Memphis just last year. Kentucky was always a toss up game, although we played poorly in that game. But in general we have taken care of games we should have this year. Auburn was certainly not impressive but a win.
I will add that Arizona is MUCH improved from last season. Some on here were going on and on about how they were the worst P5 team in the country but they just went on the road and beat UCLA. And we whipped them on their home field. We are better than last year but our schedule is more difficult. Most people on this site before the seasons predicted 7 or 8 wins and that’s exactly what we’re going to have. But they still complain.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We were outgained 417-289 in the LSU game, outscored 31-3 in the last 32 minutes of the game, and lost by 15. Does that look competitive to you?

• Angry
Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I will add that Arizona is MUCH improved from last season. Some on here were going on and on about how they were the worst P5 team in the country but they just went on the road and beat UCLA. And we whipped them on their home field. We are better than last year but our schedule is more difficult. Most people on this site before the seasons predicted 7 or 8 wins and that’s exactly what we’re going to have. But they still complain.
Perhaps they are disappointed that's the best we can do and foresaw that. Some people didn't have a lot of faith in this team making the next step and have come to predict that leach teams will have that gaff and that this very well could be our ceiling. Maybe not 2 games left. Prove that faction of the fans wrong with two wins and a bowl win

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Zero wins over teams with winning records at this point. Lost to every team with a winning record.
Alabama has had tight games with everyone but us. Lost to Ky who isn't good. The offense is worse this year (we hired Leach for offense). This isn't a good year at this point. Win three more games and I change my take. Mike Leach can still have a good year. But it's not been good to this point. I'm simply amazed at the State fans that think we should be happy with mediocrity. We sound like Vandy fans, because the rest of this conference wouldn't be happy either.
Let me make this plain. We will never be Georgia. We will never be Alabama. We will never even be LSU.

Other than KY the teams that have beaten us are top 10 teams. Half full half empty.

Compared to other teams I'm happy to not be them. VERY happy to not be them this year.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Let me make this plain. We will never be Georgia. We will never be Alabama. We will never even be LSU.

Other than KY the teams that have beaten us are top 10 teams. Half full half empty.

Compared to other teams I'm happy to not be them. VERY happy to not be them this year.
Who said we had to be? But we can be better than what we are currently. To me, the most negative people are those that don't believe in their school. Can't thing of anything more negative really. Win 8 most years, win 10 sometimes, win 7 sometimes. That's improvement.

Reactions: dog12 and patdog

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Because people are nuts. We should all be pissed about the UK game though. Defense and offense didn’t off the bus. No excuse for that defensive performance. Offense sucked too but Kentucky has a pretty good D.
The game was tied at 3 at the half. I would say that after the defense got off the bus, the offensive ineptness kept them on the field for way too long. Kentucky had the ball for almost 40 minutes.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

The single most ignorant stat used to say a coach is bad!

First, you are wrong. BGU has a winning record.

Second, Every team we beat would have a winning recrod had we LOST to them.

Third, that's winning games you are suppose to.

4th, We just didn't beat them... We crushed every one of them

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Who said we had to be? But we can be better than what we are currently. To me, the most negative people are those that don't believe in their school. Can't thing of anything more negative really. Win 8 most years, win 10 sometimes, win 7 sometimes. That's improvement.
That's where we are now!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The game was tied at 3 at the half. I would say that after the defense got off the bus, the offensive ineptness kept them on the field for way too long. Kentucky had the ball for almost 40 minutes.
Go tell our Starting center He should know better than to get hurt.

Go Tell Johnson who was injured in the UK that he sucks because he was injured.... AND STILL went out and tried with a surgery

Tell that to Marks who was injured prior to the game and banged up again during the game.

I'm sure they will agree with you.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
The single most ignorant stat used to say a coach is bad!

First, you are wrong. BGU has a winning record.

Second, Every team we beat would have a winning recrod had we LOST to them.

Third, that's winning games you are suppose to.

4th, We just didn't beat them... We crushed every one of them

Here’s the thing. Against Georgia we were close. If Ra ra catches the TD pass, we put up 20 offensive points. That’s double Georgia’s average. We also kicked two field goals. The defense allowed a crooked number but they controlled the run game (minus the speed sweep/block in the back). We held Bama to their lowest point and yardage total all year. Completely shut down their run game. We are doing some really good things. We just can’t put it all together. My eyes tell me it’s a talent issue. We are deficient across the board at QB, OL, and WR. We are deficient across the board at safety and defensive end. You could argue DT too.

Thats not excusing the complete ineptitude against UK or, half the game, against Auburn. But, it seems like we are just so close. It feels like last year. Will it start clicking in the Egg Bowl? I doubt it

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This is true. Both State and Ole Miss should enter the Egg Bowl 8-3. We screwed the pooch at Kentucky. If we had beaten Kentucky, losing the Egg Bowl wouldn’t really matter.
"losing the Egg Bowl wouldn't really matter"

This is fvckin hilarious. You SERIOUSLY believe that if we had beaten what is about to be a pitiful 6-5 KY team after this coming Saturdays loss to GA, that "losing the Egg Bowl wouldn't really matter?" That's REALLY what you believe?

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Here’s the thing. Against Georgia we were close. If Ra ra catches the TD pass, we put up 20 offensive points. That’s double Georgia’s average. We also kicked two field goals. The defense allowed a crooked number but they controlled the run game (minus the speed sweep/block in the back). We held Bama to their lowest point and yardage total all year. Completely shut down their run game. We are doing some really good things. We just can’t put it all together. My eyes tell me it’s a talent issue. We are deficient across the board at QB, OL, and WR. We are deficient across the board at safety and defensive end. You could argue DT too.

Thats not excusing the complete ineptitude against UK or, half the game, against Auburn. But, it seems like we are just so close. It feels like last year. Will it start clicking in the Egg Bowl? I doubt it
You left out half the game against LSU, and being deficient in special teams.........At what point do people admit this is a poorly prepared and coached team?

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
If Moorhead can do it, a blind squirrel can. This ain't 1985 anymore. Our program improved the last several years, along with now being a top 35 program revenue wise (we were near the bottom of the country in the 80s).
Forgive me if I don't won't to settle for an ugly chic because she's got big tits when I'm pretty confident I can plow a much better looking chic.
It took what was arguably the most talented roster in school history for Moorhead to win those 8 games

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
We may be top 35 in the country but how many other SEC schools are higher than that? I’m guessing most of them. It doesn’t matter what we do in the country, it matters what we are relative to the rest of the conference. It’s like recruiting rankings. We can be 25th in the country, but only 12th in the SEC.
I believe we are 12th in the conference in revenue only above Missouri and then Vanderbilt who doesn’t have to report theirs since they are a private institution

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Brew_Dawg

Jun 29, 2018
Call me crazy, but I think the fan base misses the toxicity and utter hatred that Merlinz brought against TSUN. Both Moorhead and Leach just treat the egg as another game while the rest of us view it as the battle of the bastards episode of GoT.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login