How long have you been on message boards?

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Fall of 1998 was my 1st semester at State. ESPN.com used to have some sort of comment section either just under articles about State or maybe just a team comment area about State. Started there and eventually found genespage and so on and so forth.

Tomdh3

Jun 17, 2014
Genespage skuttle butt late 90’s. Whatever year Dontae Walker was a recruit. His recruitment was a big deal and that’s my first memory of following along on internet.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I started on genespage in the fall of 1998.
Was that when it was an old white board with blue font on a server in Columbus? That is my first memory of his board but I can’t remember when it was? Wayback is no help.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Bulldogblitz fall 03. Started lurking here to find out why some people seemed to be hatefully obsessed with this site. Joined a couple months later when I realized y’all were my people. Productivity has taken a dive ever since.

What was the old Bulldog website in the 90’s that had checkers?

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
I was attending State in '92 when the early newsletters and message boards started really taking off. Used to go to the computer lab and use the computers there. The couple guys that actually owned computers around then always had Doom going in head to head
matches on a lan.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
2008 a friend of mine at state introduced me to six pack. Lurked a bit. Then joined under a different user name than I have now. Been here ever since. Only two user names. Well the move to on3 messed it up but close enough.

Been a member of genes page couple different times off and on at different times.

I like boards that interact a lot and stay active since I don't get to talk msu a lot where I live and work around the water cooler. Some state grads but not many state sports fans.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
About that same time.....or thereabouts. I can for sure remember New Year's Eve 1999. My wife was on Y2K duty at her place of employment. I spent the night at home, watching us get to 10 wins, watching the Y2K non-crisis, drinking Penfold's Grandfather Port, and chatting on Gene's Page with other people whose spouses had to be at work to handle the end of the world, that didn't happen. That still pisses me off because by the time midnight rolled around here it had already come and gone in most of the world with at worst, extremely minor problems. It was perfectly apparent that nothing bad was going to happen, but my wife still had to be on watch for the end of the world. They finally let her go at a little after 1am on New Year's Day.

Reactions: MedDawg

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Started on genespage in ‘99 mainly as a lurker - helped him, murray and sones set up a few times at Abners for pre/post game radio - crowder was there some too

warned about Sherrill 2002-2003 posts banned with Crxxm posts in 2005 - took a sabbatical then joined SPS in 2006

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Thread highjack >><<
I was thinking about this this morning.
And this question is mainly for DawgStudent
How many overall STATE fans do we have ?
I’m talking the ones that are BC members, buy season tks, attend games etc.
40,000 ??
I have no idea.

So how many are message board members ?
How many of SPS members ARENT season tk holders or BC members?
Id be willing to say 60% of SPS members rarely attend games or are BC, season ticket holders.
What I’m really trying to get at is how many true Dawg fans that support Miss State financially or otherwise are SPS members or contributors?
What are the demographics?
M vs Female
Black vs White or Asian
15-25 age group?
26-40 ?
41-55
56-65
66 plus ??
Maybe not a true way of knowing this but maybe DS does but he can’t share or won’t
? ? ?
Some of us are poor

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
To elaborate on my wife's Y2K duty: She was at the time an office executive type at the local hospital. Her assignment that night when things collapsed was, as even the municipal water system would collapse from Y2K computer crashes, was to haul buckets of water from the hospital fitness center pool to patient room toilets so patients could flush their toilets. It sounds like a joke now but that is the absolute truth.

Reactions: She Mate Me
Aug 3, 2011
Sixpackspeak in 2007. I had browsed others before but this was the first that I checked daily.

Reminds me of seeing Saddawg posts with his boat girls, Stallion4Tigahs and his cream rankings, and watching sfslickdawg’s videos on YouTube. I thought the 2007 football season highlights with “Don’t Fear the Reaper” playing was the coolest.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Memory not as good as it use to be, but started with Swindoll & Murray's Dawg's Bite newspaper tabloid when it kicked off
then went online with Gene's Page, SPS & ED shortly after they started.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
2009 SPS, and still loyal here. If someone links another site here I’ll go look for a bit, but I ain’t going over on my own.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Hwy78dawg

Dec 31, 2016
Genes Page Summer of 97. I had moved to San Antonio, and was searching for any MSU info I could find, the Scuttlebut was awesome in the day!

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I joined fall of 2014. Had been reading Sixpack for several years then finally joined that glorious fall with our run to number 1. Couldnt resist joining in on the chatter here. Never been a part of another message board.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I’m a geezer. I don’t remember when I joined a State message board. Probably 99ish.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I joined fall of 2014. Had been reading Sixpack for several years then finally joined that glorious fall with our run to number 1. Couldnt resist joining in on the chatter here. Never been a part of another message board.
This is also me. Did a search for what happened to Dave from the JT and Dave show a year or so earlier and a thread from SPS popped up. I was like, where have you been all my life?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I joined here and the old MST board around 2005.
Mississippi Sports Talk? That was my first back around 2004. At some point it switched to a scout board and that’s when I switched to GP. Lurked here till 2008 and that’s when I finally made the jump to exclusively SPS.

Did the lifetime BDJ membership for a few months, and that joke of a rivals board when they sold out to it. Otherwise it’s been SPS only for almost 15 years now.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Started on rec.sport.football.college in ‘94 and joined the email listserv soon after. Been on twitter since ‘09 - I had the original @Hailstate account.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
2006 football season. My dad had been on Gene’s Page in the late 90’s/early 2000’s and told me about it when I was in junior high. Didn’t discover the pack until about 2012 when I was a freshman/sophomore in college. But joined then and y’all haven’t pissed me off enough to leave so far.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
I was on genespage in the days when this place started. Soon after I saw posts referencing “the other board” and someone told me about this one.

I do remember Eggbowl.com- that was a nightmare. Anybody know the years it was active?

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
‘98 or ‘99 on GP

Sometime between Oct. ‘01 - July ‘02, not sure when, I just remember where I working, I got kicked offf GP again and found SPS. Seems like someone was posting about “this new, un-authoritarian board” or something. Haven’t been back but a handful of times and usually to look at a train wreck - like WT17 ever those dudes were posting that one time - dildos or something. I don’t known. I’m stoned immaculate at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: GomJabbar
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login