How long have you been on message boards?

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
I believe it was about '96 there was a site, I think AccessAtlanta SEC forums. Had one for each team. I found Genes in '97 or so. I got banned there right after "it is coming" started showing up. A buddy of mine let me know when the the sixpack got up and running.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Bulldogblitz fall 03. Started lurking here to find out why some people seemed to be hatefully obsessed with this site. Joined a couple months later when I realized y’all were my people. Productivity has taken a dive ever since.

What was the old Bulldog website in the 90’s that had checkers?
I remember you on BulldogBlitz. I was on there too.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Genespage for a short while around 2004 then found this board, round about the 2005 Egg Bowl.

Back in the MySpace days.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Late 90's on Genespage. For the guy wanting demographic info. I'm in the 41-55 age group. I am a BC member, have been a season ticket holder in football but not currently. I go to 3-4 football games a year, 4-5 baseball, and 0 basketball. I graduated from State, as well as did my wife and son. My daughter is currently a junior at State.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I remember the day I found out there was a place on the internet to talk about MSU sports. My buddy told me he was on genespage. I didn’t get the concept at all. I asked him what people talked about? I literally couldn’t imagine talking about football when you could just watch the game and read the program. I kinda felt like my friend was a loser and needed to stay off the computer. 1996

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I want to say 95? Had it started by then. if not, whenever the page started. I Found it the as we got access to the internet at work is all I remember
Those of us on the old Dawgnews listserv that Gene was on too in the mid-90's were asked to beta test his page in the fall of '96 (before he went loco), if I remember correctly. I had just graduated from State at the time.

Who doesn't remember the joys of HTML 1.0 with our old buddy Gene:

MISSISSIPPI STATE RECRUITING (archive.org)

1673616603077.png

drummerdawg

Mar 14, 2013
Mississippi Sports Talk? That was my first back around 2004. At some point it switched to a scout board and that’s when I switched to GP.
That's it. I was much more active there than anywhere else. Like you, once it changed over, I left. I've met a handful of the guys there and still remain friends with a couple of them.

Reactions: kired

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
SPS around 2010, joined in 2012. A few years in the ESPN comments sections before that.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
I had been on boards (not much) either free or roommates password but never thought I’d post or reply (or even like for that matter). It was when Dan left though for me. And this is the only board I ever joined or posted on. On here now every day. Thinks DS (I think…this has killed a lot of time). This board was also a “gateway drug” that got me hooked on msu pods. Thankful for that too…my wife hates msu podcast and says it is starting to makeher to like msu less. And she is an alum and fan:). She bought me new ear buds for Christmas.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I started on genespage in the fall of 1998.
Too damn long. Probably about the same time as you. It was GenesPage one year when Jackie Sherrill introduced him at the summer extravaganza in Jackson. I signed up the next day. Migrated to this site soon after it started and been here ever since. Only 1 user name in 20+ years.

Aug 15, 2011
I got on Gene's Page around the fall of 97 primarily as a lurker. Eggbowl.com made the Rant look likes child's play. The Rebel Vent was also fun to go over and troll. I also remember the Bulldog Junction, and one that was I believe ustn.net that was an SEC board. I think it was tied to a sports radio show and one of the two hosts I think ended up in jail. Wayne's Auburn Board was a good one back then too. It's still around but is just not the same after politics got into it.

bullygrowl

Sep 29, 2022
I started on SPS in '03 I believe. It was not long after y'all left GP. I was telling mcdawg22 (worked with him) about it and he said ya my buddies started that board. I've been checking daily ever since.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
Started out on gene's page in fall of 1999 right after I finished my enlistment in the army. Have been off and on through the years there, here, elitedawgs, bulldogblitz, secrant. Really kinda fell off of all of them around 2010-2011ish but sporadically back lately.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Was working (IT) in San Fran, 1994 discovered some music boards.
First MSU one was jeans page (98?), but then found this one (original format) when it first started.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Started on dawgnews in the 90's, became an avid Genes Page scuttlebut reader, and then moved on SPS based on a recommendation from a friend.

Geez, getting MSU news in Alabama in the 90's was a challenge.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
2008…after my wife passed. I started getting online. I am into sports and State is my team.
One of the first message boards I found was MSNBC college football board and then a private board started from it of about 50 people. Then I found six pack.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Started in 2000. Was on gene's. Went to South Carolina board and talked crap with Chewgumm to everyone there the week of our game. Phil Petty broke me of ever doing that again. Heard about SPS a while later from a friend not long after it started. Been here ever since with 3 different usernames. Never have posted much, and this place is pretty much my entertainment during the workday.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
From before Genespage. We had an e-mail forum that I joined around 1993. Gene came on it one morning and asked if he started a internet bulletin board would we join and most of us said yes. Not long after that Genespage was born and I sign on.

Reactions: MedDawg

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Maybe this needs another thread, but anyone remember when someone claiming to be a player came on Dawgnews and said something like "instead of paying players, you need to be paying coaches"? For some reason, I associate this memory with Dorsett Davis but I could be wrong.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I remember sitting in the Lounge watching baseball one sunny afternoon and a guy asked me if I was on Sixpack. I told him I was on my first one but the day was young. He said, no Sixpack the message board. I’d never heard of it. I looked it up Monday morning at my desk and my employer suffered from that day on. There’s no telling how much money this place cost him through the years.

Del B Vista

Dec 9, 2010
I was on the MSSTATE.EDU Dawgnews list, the old school message board, back in '94.
I was on that in those days. Still friends with folks from there.
Those of us on the old Dawgnews listserv that Gene was on too in the mid-90's were asked to beta test his page in the fall of '96 (before he went loco), if I remember correctly. I had just graduated from State at the time.

Who doesn't remember the joys of HTML 1.0 with our old buddy Gene:

MISSISSIPPI STATE RECRUITING (archive.org)

View attachment 297100
Sadly, I'll claim some credit for helping him design that page. I taught him what little HTML I knew to help launch that.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I posted in steve's thread yesterday that I remember getting banned by gene twice in the late 90s using dialup living out Oktoc Road while in college....after the second time, he wouldnt let me back....i became and Avid Reader.....sometime later I met a guy at Talladega who told me about SPS....not sure when, but shortly after it started....

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What if I told you I'm actually Gene. I just had to get away from that site. Everyone was ducking crazy over there. Plus, I needed to spend more time with my coon.

• Haha
Reactions: GomJabbar
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login