How long have you been on message boards?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Do Gopher and BBS boards count? If so, I was 12-13, so like 92-93?

Full on HTML, like 95-96.

For SixPack, it's been a while, I was on the Yuku board and I think the version right before under a different name, but decided I didn't want my real last name out there.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Gene's during most of JWS years, but jumped off. Joined SPS maybe four or five years ago. Huge time waster, but I get a kick out of most threads and LOVE the Bulldogs.

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
I started when Veazey has his blog on the clarion ledger around 2007/2008ish , and his posts had a comments section. Discovered sixpackspeak not too long after.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I used to follow you on Twitter back then. Did you get a good deal when the university came to you to buy it?
2 Season football tickets and a parking pass. I also had the Facebook handle Facebook.com/hailstate. Years later, Rhett Hobart offered me a signed Bobbie Dixon football, and I was like nah, season tickets and 1 field pass. So, I got to see Dak light up Kentucky from the sidelines. That was great.

Last edited:

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
2004ish on the old MS Sports Talk mainly for HS sports, then found the Pack circa 2007 my freshman year @ State.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Don't remember the year, but it was mid-late 1990s on Gene's Page. Also was on the short-lived IBBC (Internet Bulldog Boosters Club) in the 1990s-maybe early 2000s.
I 'member that. Those days you could converse/post with a Rebel. Actually, have a civil conversation.

I 'member those days ended when "C.J. Sirmones is wide open!" happened.

season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

Jul 26, 2021
Those of us on the old Dawgnews listserv that Gene was on too in the mid-90's were asked to beta test his page in the fall of '96 (before he went loco), if I remember correctly. I had just graduated from State at the time.

Who doesn't remember the joys of HTML 1.0 with our old buddy Gene:

MISSISSIPPI STATE RECRUITING (archive.org)

View attachment 297100

HOL. E. ****. Check out the bio stuff at the bottom.

ETA: As to the original question, I don’t remember. I think like a year or so after genespage became a thing. Whenever that was?

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
I was on the MSSTATE.EDU Dawgnews list, the old school message board, back in '94.
I was going to say GP in 97 or 98, but I was definitely on that Dawgnews list. Maybe not as early as 1994, but maybe. I was in Jackson in school when I started on Dawgnews, and I started there in 1993. I used Mosaic before I used Netscape.

I was on GP for years before I joined SPS. I was (and am) an eternal optimist and SPS wasn't too kind to those in the early 2000s.

In the 2000s I spent a LOT of time finding and keeping track of statistics that made State look better than OM (Total SEC Championships for each sport, Wins in the Big3 Sports, etc).

Being the stat guy for MSU was my dream job.

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Got on GP in ‘99, and was invited to join the BOMB a little afterwards. I enjoyed trolling the trolls on EggBowl.com for quite some time, as well. I joined SPS not long after it was started, but my original account somehow became inaccessible after a while and I never knew why…. I never posted, so I couldn’t have been kicked off for anything like that.

I was kicked off of GP (premium member) for coining the phrase “Ronophile”…. During the disastrous Polk 2 era. If I’ve visited that site 5 times since, I’d be surprised. And I never have and never will have a ED account.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My first memories involve getting banned from Gene's Page that night Stans fornicated away a game against Bamer.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login