How much NIL is Vandy paying?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
They're a private institution and therefore never have to disclose it, not that anyone else does either. It's all only rumors from wannabes to say they know someone that knows someone

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Right.

They ain’t paying shlt. Meanwhile we use it as an excuse for Lebbro
You continue to look for ways to be a troll and not to give to the BDI.
I like Lebby time will tell if he’s going to make it but I sure as hell want to support him and the BDI to be sure we give him every opportunity possible for success
Goat, you and several others on this board are part of the problem and not part of the solution.
This fan base needs to be pulling in the same direction!

Reactions: LADog

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I wish our powers that be could understand that here at State we have to have this same approach to ever be good. Whether it was offensively or defensively or both, anytime we’ve been consistently good, this was our approach. We suck when we’re not different. The same or nothing different but with way less talent doesn’t work.

“Vanderbilt can't do things the same way as everyone else offensively. That won't work.”

And of course they’re paying NIL. They’re paying smarter than we are, probably more organized than we are. And I’d say probably paying more overall than we are.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I wish our powers that be could understand that here at State we have to have this same approach to ever be good. Whether it was offensively or defensively or both, anytime we’ve been consistently good, this was our approach. We suck when we’re not different. The same or nothing different but with way less talent doesn’t work.

“Vanderbilt can't do things the same way as everyone else offensively. That won't work.”
I’ve been screaming it for years. This and solid defense, were our calling cards.

I disagree that Vandy is paying more NIL than us. That’s silly.

Reactions: Will Rogers.sixpack

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Clark Lea is a good man first and looks to be a good head ball coach as well. It's easy to fall under the radar at Vandy but this guy is the real deal. He played there when they were a tough out and he's 💯 Vandy. At underdog schools you need a brotherhood; an us against the world mentality. It doesn't always work and it can get overplayed but when you have the "right" guys it works.....or you can go out and try to buy the "right" guys which works too but is very expensive and not getting cheaper. We need our Clark Lea. I wish the Mayor played football instead of baseball *****

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Clark Lea is a good man first and looks to be a good head ball coach as well. It's easy to fall under the radar at Vandy but this guy is the real deal. He played there when they were a tough out and he's 💯 Vandy. At underdog schools you need a brotherhood; an us against the world mentality. It doesn't always work and it can get overplayed but when you have the "right" guys it works.....or you can go out and try to buy the "right" guys which works too but is very expensive and not getting cheaper. We need our Clark Lea. I wish the Mayor played football instead of baseball *****
And once we find him, we have to support unconditionally for 4-5 years. Unfortunately neither Salmon or Lebbro are the right guys.

Reactions: Indndawg

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I disagree that Vandy is paying more NIL than us. That’s silly.
The numbers are nearly impossible to substantiate, but Vandy really got it's NIL **** together late last year. The Athletic ran a couple articles on it. Their budget allegedly exceeds $10 MM per year, which does not put them on Bama's level, but is more than enough for them to be competitive in the SEC.

Reactions: Will Rogers.sixpack

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
And once we find him, we have to support unconditionally for 4-5 years. Unfortunately neither Salmon or Lebbro are the right guys.
"I'll support them when we get the right guy" is historically why we have sucked. Everyone will never agree on "the right guy". We had people that wanted to run Mullen off. We DID run McKeen off way back when. Our support has always been fractured and conditional.

Reactions: paindonthurt17

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
"I'll support them when we get the right guy" is historically why we have sucked. Everyone will never agree on "the right guy". We had people that wanted to run Mullen off. We DID run McKeen off way back when. Our support has always been fractured and conditional.
We have never had an AD that laid out a plan either. That’s an advantage a program like MSU could use, with limited resources.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Support unconditionally? Is that what you do?
I did not support at all under LT and Croom (I graduated during Sherrill);
I began supporting yearly under Mullen in summer 2009, as I also believed in Byrne and even Stricklin for a while;
I supported during Moorhead and Leach, as I trusted Cohen;

I stopped supporting during Arnett, and have not started up again during Salmon/Lebbro.

This is all Bulldog Club. Have not given to NIL yet, as it's new. Will consider that going forward for basketball and baseball, depending on some things.

So that's my story. Now STFU and go try and make an internet bet with somebody.

Jul 11, 2024
We have never had an AD that laid out a plan either. That’s an advantage a program like MSU could use, with limited resources.
Another advantage we could have is not having fans with double digit IQs who couldn’t manage a 3 man crew but think they know how to run an athletic department and a university.
I did not support at all under LT and Croom (I graduated during Sherrill);
I began supporting yearly under Mullen in summer 2009, as I also believed in Byrne and even Stricklin for a while;
I supported during Moorhead and Leach, as I trusted Cohen;

I stopped supporting during Arnett, and have not started up again during Salmon/Lebbro.

This is all Bulldog Club. Have not given to NIL yet, as it's new. Will consider that going forward for basketball and baseball, depending on some things.

So that's my story. Now STFU and go try and make an internet bet with somebody.
cool story bro!

now you run along and pretend you know something about something

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Anyone that still says they support cohen loses IQ points and doesn’t understand the hole he left us in. We are just now coming out of the shitstorm he left. Zero interest and involvement with NIL, lack of fundraising lack of facilities improvement namely DWS. Poor money management and overall complacency with AD. In 19 months Selman has done more for this AD than cohen ever did. Don’t be shocked if AU runs him off sooner than later.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Another advantage we could have is not having fans with double digit IQs who couldn’t manage a 3 man crew but think they know how to run an athletic department and a university.

cool story bro!

now you run along and pretend you know something about something
You asked.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
…..probably zero.

Its a problem, just not our main problem
No, our main problem is our head coach died during the season when we didn't have an AD in place, so we had to promote our DC who was totally in over his head and had to be fired 10 games into the year, creating a ground-up rebuild project.

patdog

May 28, 2007
No, our main problem is our head coach died during the season when we didn't have an AD in place, so we had to promote our DC who was totally in over his head and had to be fired 10 games into the year, creating a ground-up rebuild project.
Our main problem is our president. He didn't "have to" promote Arnett. Cohen had been gone for 6 weeks when Leach died. It was widely rumored all season that Leach was having health issues and would resign after the season ended. Yet he dawdled hiring a new AD.

Reactions: 85Bears

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
They're a private institution and therefore never have to disclose it, not that anyone else does either. It's all only rumors from wannabes to say they know someone that knows someone
Aren't the NIL deals contracts between players and non-school entities? It doesn't seem like private school status would affect disclosure or permissibility of any NIL deals.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login