I love him, but….

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hate to agree with you, but you’re right. He just doesn’t read the defenses and is way too reckless with the ball.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
4 points completely on kicker. Extra point muff and a sure NFL FG avoided because of his psychosis.

The rest is a combo of Dak forcing, Pollard going down etc.

It was a tight margin. Too much to overcome but blaming Dak is typical mindlessness
It would’ve been a 54 yard attempt. Not a sure field goal by any means. And they picked up the first down anyway. Not the kicker’s fault Dak followed that up with a red zone interception.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Not all on Dak but they need some help - and some luck.
Defense played well enough to win, the picks led to SF 6 points.
With that said 😂 — Fly Eagles Fly 🦅

I would imagine he'd look fantastic if he had the running back and wide receivers, not to mention the great tight end in San Francisco or Philly does to throw to to or hand the ball off to. The only reason why the Cowboys had double-digit wins this season is the defense is really good. Dak is not on the same level of a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers. Still, we all got to see how Aaron Rodgers did this season when he didn't have a good team around him as he had in the past

Reactions: Dawgg

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Cowherd is a bum. Dak is one of the top 10 QBs in the league. The coaching he has received and the play calling has been bush. His ownership is worse.
So much of Dak's accomplishments are on his own talent and physical ability.
Criticism: He presses and is too much in his head.
Tonight he was off, but I am not ready to say he can't handled the spotlight. San Fran is a MUCH better team. Honestly seemed like their coaching staff was toying with Moore and Quinn. But they may have been holding back and saving their best stuff for Philadelphia next week.
Good game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I would imagine he'd look fantastic if he had the running back and wide receivers, not to mention the great tight end in San Francisco or Philly does to throw to to or hand the ball off to. The only reason why the Cowboys had double-digit wins this season is the defense is really good. Dak is not on the same level of a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers. Still, we all got to see how Aaron Rodgers did this season when he didn't have a good team around him as he had in the past
Rodgers is also an old duck in the nfl now. Nfl appears to be a young qbs game these days. Rodgers has been having some mental instability also.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
I mean.. he’s had his worst season on record and still led his team to the Divisional round of the playoffs without a true WR1.

Some people act like the Cowboys had a bad year. They didn’t. I would disagree about not having a WR1. Lamb is every bit of that.

There is a lot of homegrown talent on the roster. Enough to where they will battle it out for the East Division again next season.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Some people act like the Cowboys had a bad year. They didn’t. I would disagree about not having a WR1. Lamb is every bit of that.

There is a lot of homegrown talent on the roster. Enough to where they will battle it out for the East Division again next season.
Ceedee Lamb is a fantastic slot receiver, maybe the best in the league, but he’s not taking the top off any defenses.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Cowboys had a very mediocre run game and this is what it looks like when you’re one dimensional against an excellent defense. Dak certainly didn’t play well at all.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Cowboys have for last 20 years been more concerned about off season vacation than a Super Bowl including management. Dak will be off to vacation along with his bud Zeke and watching superbowl from there and Jerry is paying for it while he is watching the Super Bowl from his yacht counting bucks like Scrooge McDuck.

Reactions: 60sdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Really? How? Rodgers was getting his *** kicked this season from what I saw. And lost his #1 receiver in the off season.
And comparing Prescott to Rodgers is a bit silly.
Rodgers even said he had to escape to find himself last off season. And I agree Rodgers has been much better over his career but he had also been around much longer. Probably oldest qb in the nfl soon if Brady actually retires

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Dak is what he is but it's taboo to talk about because Thou shall not denigrate Dak. But not much talk about the real issues....Mike McCatrhy and Jerry Jones. They're stuck with Jerruh, but do they pull the cord on McCarthy?

they need another playmaker at receiver...they shouldn't have let cooper walk. Lamb isn't the answer no matter how much they try to make him the answer.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dak is what he is but it's taboo to talk about because Thou shall not denigrate Dak. But not much talk about the real issues....Mike McCatrhy and Jerry Jones. They're stuck with Jerruh, but do they pull the cord on McCarthy?

they need another playmaker at receiver...they shouldn't have let cooper walk. Lamb isn't the answer no matter how much they try to make him the answer.
Won't matter with Jerry still there. Payton whoever

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Really? How? Rodgers was getting his *** kicked this season from what I saw. And lost his #1 receiver in the off season.
And comparing Prescott to Rodgers is a bit silly.
I agree; losing part of your receiving and rushing players will make your QB "mentally deficient."?? I love this detailed analysis our fans make about quarterbacks. Until Christian, Doubs, Cobb, Tonyan, and Lazard started catching the ball for Rodgers and his RBs, Jones, and Dillon, got their act together... Aaron Rodgers looked like he was done. He never got over losing Devante Adams. If you watched him play, you would understand why. Adam's probably one of the best wide receivers in the game.

I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me who Dak could throw to other than Cee Dee Lamb, or Dalton Schultz. Pollard was out. Gallup has been hurt and undependable. Was he supposed to throw it and catch the ball by himself? I will not mention the fact that his OT was a rookie

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

I don’t think its taboo to talk about what Dak is. He’s a Top 10 QB in the league. Plenty of guys in that tier have won Super Bowls when they’ve been in good organizations, sometimes multiple times. But he’s not in the super elite tier, which means he’s not good enough to win by himself when his team is one dimensional or has big holes in the supporting cast….especially against good defenses like SF. Both of those factors were on display tonight after the Pollard injury.

And he’s likely not ever going to go farther in the postseason than he did this season as long as he stays in Dallas. They don’t have what is required in the front office to build a real winner. Send him somewhere like SF, Pittsburgh, Philly, Seattle, Baltimore, New England, or maybe the LA Rams and you’ll see what he can do with a real team around him.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I agree; losing part of your receiving and rushing players will make your QB "mentally deficient."?? I love this detailed analysis our fans make about quarterbacks. Until Christian, Doubs, Cobb, Tonyan, and Lazard started catching the ball for Rodgers and his RBs, Jones, and Dillon, got their act together... Aaron Rodgers looked like he was done. He never got over losing Devante Adams. If you watched him play, you would understand why. Adam's probably one of the best wide receivers in the game.

I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me who Dak could throw to other than Cee Dee Lamb, or Dalton Schultz. Pollard was out. Gallup has been hurt and undependable. Was he supposed to throw it and catch the ball by himself? I will not mention the fact that his OT was a rookie
There were reports about rodgers mental health being questioned before the season because he admitted to taking psychedelics

SSBGDog

Sep 1, 2014
Dak is who they say he is. The rest of the team doesn’t help.
Tony Dungy pointed out that SF played their wildcard game on Sat at home, while Dallas played Monday night on the road at Tampa. Dallas had 52 less hours of rest after their wildcard game and had to take two flights, whereas SF was at home. Looked to me like it might have taken a toll later in the game.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Cowboys have for last 20 years been more concerned about off season vacation than a Super Bowl including management. Dak will be off to vacation along with his bud Zeke and watching superbowl from there and Jerry is paying for it while he is watching the Super Bowl from his yacht counting bucks like Scrooge McDuck.
Green-Eyed Envy GIF by Five Guys A Week

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Gee, so Dak is not on the same level as one of the 5 greatest QBs in the history of the world?

Sad

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I mean.. he’s had his worst season on record and still led his team to the Divisional round of the playoffs without a true WR1.
Don't bring facts into this. Every single QB in the playoffs had a better WR rotation and OL. Not to mention Pollard going down. Huge change. Dallas needs to just cut Elliot. He brings nothing to the game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login