Introducing the Balconies at Davis Wade...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I accidentally deleted the other thread.

It's awesome we are trying. I just wouldn't want to sit at the upper deck for a game unless it's a bucket list game (NY6 bowl, playoff, etc). And then I definitely wouldn't want to pay a premium.

I think it would have been even better to do it one of the lower deck sections (1 or 24/25) and/or to offer single game rentals.

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Doing the math on this more - it's really not a bad deal.

For the 25 person "box" - $2700 deposit + (25 season tickets x $225) = $333/person.

10 person box = $495/person if you purchase the maximum number of season tickets.

A Balcony ticket will be scanned at any stadium gate, the same as all other game tickets, and will be required to be presented to the Bulldog Suites attendant at the Balcony entrance portal in order to enter the area. Fans with tickets to other seating areas will not be allowed entry.

Each Balcony purchaser must purchase a minimum of eight season tickets for their Balcony. These season tickets will be sold at the same price as they have been in past seasons at the ends of the west side upper deck ends ($225 per ticket).

Additional occupants may be allowed in your Balcony if your space's maximum capacity has not been reached and they present a valid Balcony ticket to the Bulldog Suite attendants. For example, if you hold one of the boxes with 10 spots, but only purchased the minimum eight season tickets, two friends/family members/etc. would then able to buy a single-game Balcony ticket to join you for contests of their choosing.

Last edited:

Hail State

Dec 27, 2009
It certainly could look worse

[TWEET]1539639899896180743[/TWEET]

Could be cool if they don't go cheap and build it right. Incorporate something novel like being able to rent a grill or bring a cooler or have beer taps up there. Though a grill would likely be against the fire code.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Gimmick, but I'm sure some companies have pledged to pay, so get that money!
But if we don't win games, nobody is going to games. And costs are out of control, so people are staying home more. Good luck with it all.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Give them credit for trying. I feel like MSU's attendance could be rough this year. I don't know anyone planning to attend more games today than they did a few years ago. The living room / couch is kicking MSU's ***.

$4,500 seems reasonable.

Wish you could have a grill. I'm interested to see how this 'retractable shade' works.

Feb 12, 2013
If built right, this looks like something that could be a really cool experience. There is a lot of potential here for sure. I'm very interested on how these do this season.

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
So weird. Sitting by the pool in St. Lucia reading the Pack and of course the DJ plays “Don’t stop believing.”

kired

Aug 22, 2008
But you've got to buy these regardless of whether you have other tickets, right? So it's not going to appeal to any current season ticket holders unless they've got money to burn. Seems like this would mainly appeal to companies wanting to host a group of people - especially considering you have to reserve it for the full season.

Hope it works out

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
That area of the stadium rarely has anyone in them. They have to do something different. I hope they go over well.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Exactly Its creative. I like the effort. We are going to have to try different stuff.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Could be cool if they don't go cheap and build it right. Incorporate something novel like being able to rent a grill or bring a cooler or have beer taps up there. Though a grill would likely be against the fire code.

I assume they will cater these like most rented areas.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If built right, this looks like something that could be a really cool experience. There is a lot of potential here for sure. I'm very interested on how these do this season.

Presumably we at least had an engineer look at the idea before floating it (no way we repeated the same mistake Ole Miss just made, what, two seasons ago?), so it should end up looking ok.

I think it's going to be hard to transform those upper deck tickets into "premium" seating, but if they are providing some type of shade, then maybe they can convince people. If they could some how provide some airflow with fans, I think that could turn them into legitimate premium seating. Will suck for those people downwind getting body odor blown on them all game though.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Concur, this past year the attendance was terrible, the ends of the the upper decks on both sides were empty.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
That area of the stadium rarely has anyone in them. They have to do something different. I hope they go over well.

That's not true. Seating areas 306-309 are typically full especially if it is an evening game. I have sat in this area for 15 years. I understand Cohen's logic, it's not about fan experience it is about corporate donor $. It is the same reason we have 3 rows of prime seating at basketball games with no one in the seats.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
These are for corporations to get the cheap deal for hosting customers at games. There's no more box or club spots.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
BS. Those corners are rarely full any more. Attendance is dropping nationally. Time to get creative.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
That's not true. Seating areas 306-309 are typically full especially if it is an evening game. I have sat in this area for 15 years. I understand Cohen's logic, it's not about fan experience it is about corporate donor $. It is the same reason we have 3 rows of prime seating at basketball games with no one in the seats.

That's not where these will be located. I had seats up there as well in 306 for several years. The sections in the article were 301-302 and 312-313 and they were empty or at least sparsely populated most days.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I thought I heard it mentioned that the press box area is going to move as well. That's some prime seating area too.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The balconies were the final shoe to fall before demolishing the M Club. Thats about 16 suites if you do 2 floors of them.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Here you go DS.

https://247sports.com/college/missi...l-The-Balconies-Davis-Wade-Stadium-189050508/

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/...-new-premium-balconies-to-davis-wade-stadium/

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login