Is this SBW???

JunctionDog

Sep 22, 2013
Can someone explain why the powers at be have de emphasized Super Bulldog Weekend. It appears this weekend is just another SEC baseball weekend. What happened to the Saturday’s of SBW being Cotton District Arts Fest > Spring Game > Baseball?

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
The arts festival got moved until later, I’m unsure of the reasoning. Maybe they didn’t want to have it on Easter, or the vendors weren’t signing up to come because it’s Easter. I have no idea.
Good thing, probably, it would have been a bad time in the rain.
As for the de-emphasis of the spring game, I’m not sure on that either.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Yes it is. Also our softball team, who has been playing well isn’t even home this weekend. Both teams were home last weekend… we are really great at planning and marketing

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
. Both teams were home last weekend… we are really great at planning and marketing

Agreed. You could have made your own sbw last weekend. Evidently the football team is having 3 scrimmages in dws on consecutive weekends. Last weekend was the first scrimmage. But who knew?!?!?!

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012
Because John Cohen is in charge……

Enough said. You have an athletic director scheduling sbw on a weekend when students go home for Easter. And what is Easter to someone like John Cohen who has no idea who Jesus Christ is spiritually?

oh and our baseball team sucks too!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Hard to schedule rock and roll on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Saturday

JunctionDog

Sep 22, 2013
Yes it is. Also our softball team, who has been playing well isn’t even home this weekend. Both teams were home last weekend… we are really great at planning and marketing

It sure seems like last weekend was the logical choice for SBW. I would love to know why the decision was made to skip LSU and tie SBW with Easter?

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
It sure seems like last weekend was the logical choice for SBW. I would love to know why the decision was made to skip LSU and tie SBW with Easter?
Maybe because we haven’t won a series against LSU at home in forever?…

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012
Tell me how this is not true

What does Easter mean to a non Christian? What does Christmas mean to a non Christian?

What do both of these mean to a Christian?

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Pretty sure those comments are not ban worthy. Now if he was making light of covid it might be different

Grove Sh*tter

Aug 25, 2014
The arts festival got moved until later, I’m unsure of the reasoning. Maybe they didn’t want to have it on Easter, or the vendors weren’t signing up to come because it’s Easter. I have no idea.
Good thing, probably, it would have been a bad time in the rain.
As for the de-emphasis of the spring game, I’m not sure on that either.

The wife tells me it's bc they wanted to schedule a popular event on a non-home game weekend to encourage commerce on an otherwise dead Saturday.

Jan 31, 2012
Here's a run down of the last few Arts Festivals:
2019 The Arts fest was scheduled and vendors arrived. Then tornados came through town and they canceled it.
2020 All vendors are rescheduled and ready to go then Covid cancelled it.
2021 Spring Covid rises up so they decide to move the fest from April to October. Fewer vendors and people showed up but it was held in October.
2022 MSU Announced SBW is Easter weekend. Arts Festival announces CDAF is in October again.

Since 2019 my family has only successfully staged our booth once. We're disappointed the CDAF is in the autumn again and not in the Spring/SBW.

JunctionDog

Sep 22, 2013
How’s that working out for them? In the past, my family did not miss a SBW. 2 nights, 3 games, the whole deal. Currently, I’m 2 hours away. We will arrive in town near game time, attend only tonight’s game and leave shortly after. Whoever “they” is have done a fantastic job of killing a Mississippi State tradition.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
What does Easter mean to a non Christian? What does Christmas mean to a non Christian?

What do both of these mean to a Christian?
Well Passover is today Extremedog. It was a boneheaded decision but I don’t think religious reasons were a factor to do it or not.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Dawgg;[URL="tel:2034711" said:
2034711[/URL]]I mean... besides the borderline anti-semitism?
Borderline? He is so far across the border he is north of Texas

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
Please tell me that was a Lyn Spruill idea.

I was told it was a Partnership idea but I think Lynn supports it. Most people I’ve talked to prefer it to be in the spring on SBW but I doubt anyone making those decisions cares.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It's also Passover, you ****.

Enough said. You have an athletic director scheduling sbw on a weekend when students go home for Easter. And what is Easter to someone like John Cohen who has no idea who Jesus Christ is spiritually?

nm

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
We're doing everything we can not to promote MSU athletics. And screw Starkville leadership. Without State, Starkville is basically Macon, MS.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
The university and city should be embarrassed with the crowds today. This has to be addressed.
How can anyone be fired up about our football team after the way it ended? Haven’t been setting the woods on fire in baseball so what do you expect?

JunctionDog

Sep 22, 2013
I expected more effort and energy than just picking a baseball weekend and calling it SBW. There was nothing Super about this weekend.

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
I agree. This weekend has been a disaster regardless of weather. We should take a note from ole miss and double decker instead of trying to alway do the opposite of them. The arts festival and the spring game should always be on a non-Easter spring home baseball weekend.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

Is Greg Byrne a Christian? Inquiring minds want to know. Because Alabama had their big alumni weekend the same time we did. So did UGA and several others.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
We're doing everything we can not to promote MSU athletics. And screw Starkville leadership. Without State, Starkville is basically Macon, MS.

My thoughts exactly. Our marketing has fallen off a cliff. Athletics department and the city do such a poor job promoting our city and university

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I have a feeling the majority of the residents in Starkville want MSU and Starkville just like it is and not succeed.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m starting to think you are actually dumb enough to believe the things you are saying.

BulldogBillyCrash

Oct 31, 2019
I have a feeling the majority of the residents in Starkville want MSU and Starkville just like it is and not succeed.

Yea that’s ********…I want it to be the best city in Mississippi and the best college town in the SEC but sometimes neither the city or the university can get out of their own way

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login