Isn’t baseball a funny game?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
This probably isn’t one or Bianco’s 15 best OM teams but they’re going to Omaha when all those star studded great teams of the past came up short. That’s baseball I guess.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I was told by both fan bases that Bianco was a bad coach and was the one holding that program back

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
They were gonna break through at some point. There is nothing more dangerous than a team playing with nothing to lose

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
This probably isn’t one or Bianco’s 15 best OM teams but they’re going to Omaha when all those star studded great teams of the past came up short. That’s baseball I guess.
#1 seed loses at home. Last team in makes Omaha. But really, who didn't see it coming?

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
They’re like us in 2018. Hot at the right time but if they run up against a team like we did with Oregon state with many future pros they’re done

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I would think this has to be one of his best teams…

They are seldom ever rated #1 in anything, and that cup of coffee they had with it this year is abnormal. Gotta be one of their best.

Baseball is a 17’d up game, for sure. I don’t see anybody taking down ND in this field, for sure.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
OM finna go all the way. Watch and see. The Natives wouldn't have it any other way.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep. It wouldn’t be Mississippi if a university didn’t have a clearcut advantage in a major sport.

Welcome to the College Baseball Pantheon, Rebels.

Y'all truly are a (Powder) Blue Blood.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’ll see your jinx and double….

OM finna go all the way. Watch and see. The Natives wouldn't have it any other way.

They won’t only win, they’ll coast through the bracket like a hot knife through butter. Muh amazing pitching will shine like a supernova! Whatshisname will tear 12 ACL’s and hit 43 grand slams! Bianco will make the right call in a pressure situation….In fact, all of them!

Gonna be a moment of glory for the little sisters of the poor!***

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
We caught the Natives sleeping on us last year. They had an emergency meeting and came to the conclusion, "Now wouldn't it be hilarious if we made State absolute garbage this year and OM a middle of the road team that gets hot at the right time? I can see the faces on those ******* State fans right now! Lolololzolz!"

But in all seriousness, OM's gonna take this thing, easy.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What team of the 8 couldn't win it? Arkansas has the most recent experience up there. And look at all the teams that still have 6th year seniors.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Congrats to you and the rest of your rabble fans. Now run along.

Stop.

This OM team was ranked #1 at one point and always had the talent. They were expected to be one of Biancos better teams from the beginning.

But relax, I really don’t see them winning it all.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
They are knocking the cover off the ball. As long as they keep smashing the ball they will stay in it.

Miami shut them down and they K'd 14 times in the first Super vs USM. AZ had no pitching and USM had their ace going for the 3rd time in 10 days yesterday.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I don’t know why people are downvoting. Ole miss has been under performing all year. They returned 8 of 9 from last year’s batting order that could smash. The underperforming is why the fans have been so upset. The two starting pitchers are dealing now and they got graham back from injury. They are a super dangerous team. I hate it, but they are clicking at the right time.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
OM just did what I thought we would do back at mid season...only more. I didn't think we could win a Super but I thought we could make some noise in a regional. Hate to say it but they're on the kind of roll that can carry them a long way in Omaha.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
What team of the 8 couldn't win it? Arkansas has the most recent experience up there. And look at all the teams that still have 6th year seniors.

I didn’t see the “Omahawgs” on the wall this year, so maybe.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
They’re like us in 2018. Hot at the right time but if they run up against a team like we did with Oregon state with many future pros they’re done
No they aren't. We were a fairly young team in 2018. We had 4-5 freshmen starting in the lineup. Even our veterans were 3rd year players. But we did have talent, Oregon State just had more.

On the other hand, they are very old, similar to Notre Dame. I don't think either have the best OVERALL talent (because if they did, they'd have gotten drafted before now), but they have older, very good, college baseball players. And lots of teams have this situation this year, due to the COVID gap year.

Do they get it done? Maybe....but probably not, basically due to odds. Their 'hot streak', if they pull it off, would be more of a Fresno State type of run, which honestly doesn't happen in this new era of baseball. But it could this year, since the hitting is so much better. But it's still Omaha, you can't really just bash HRs over and over. It's generally been about pitching and defense since 2011.

ETA: You might say that Coastal was one of those older teams, but even they did it with pitching and an incredible amount of luck. They weren't a bashing type of team.

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017

That's baseball. They are still very talented. On paper, they will be more talented than 5 or 6 of their CWS opponents.

But you don't play baseball on paper.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login