It’s time for MSU to leave the SEC

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
We don’t/can’t compete for championships.

We don’t need the SEC to be good at baseball.

Other than a nice paycheck, what are the advantages?

The money hasn’t helped MSU with basketball or football…or any other sport for that matter.

The constant let downs, inferior coaches, players and decision makers….it’s time to realize…we are light years behind and no amount of money will fix it.

None of it is fun anymore. It will continue to get worse. When does money out way the college experiences for our athletes?

I feel like we would get better players by being able to compete for hardware….rather than paying for them to come to MSU and lose to every big time program.

WE ARE NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE IN THE SEC

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You must have quit often in your childhood sports.

At least you made Team 6 Pack.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Did you lose a bet? Because this post reeks of “I lost a bet to a Rebel.” I would kill to have Southern Miss join the SEC and “not compete” the way State has.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Trying to set a new record for most downvoted post?
I guess. I really would feel bad if I was on here spouting ********. But it hurts because it’s true.

We don’t take it serious enough to be in this neighborhood

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012
I guess. I really would feel bad if I was on here spouting ********. But it hurts because it’s true.

We don’t take it serious enough to be in this neighborhood

So your solution is to make the one move that would destroy the university, athletic department, and the city of Starkville.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
So your solution is to make the one move that would destroy the university, athletic department, and the city of Starkville.

And I thought I was being dramatic !!

I don’t think playing common opponents would be detrimental. Competing for championships would be pretty fun.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Congrats to them. But we rich!!

And I don't think they would beat us in football or basketball.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
You realize being in the SEC is about the only damn thing we have going for us.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I hear you. However our best chance at National Championships still lies in the SEC. The days of winning conference championships is no longer a big deal. It doesn't even determine your post season standings anymore. If you go to a CUSA you will only be like Memphis. Going to any other conference won't improve your chances.

Now the majority of SEC schools could fight to have some sort of rules that level the playing field within the conference. Those bottom 10 (currently 8 schools have voting power over those top 6 (Currently 4) and they should use that. Maybe a budget cap of some sort and a capital improvement cap That can try to level the playing field.

I mean Texas has more money than almost any school in the SEC and it isn't doing them any good outside the SEC. Can't say they aren't serious.

Last edited:

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Congrats to them. But we rich!!

And I don't think they would beat us in football or basketball.

What’s all that money done for us? A baseball national championship?

I can already tell you who’s winning football and basketball championships this year…it’s January….amd I can pretty much tell you 3 teams that will win baseball.

What fun is that?

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Just when I think our fan base can’t sound anymore idiotic…..lettuce steps up to the plate

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

The money hasn’t helped MSU with basketball or football…or any other sport for that matter.

The constant let downs, inferior coaches, players and decision makers….it’s time to realize…we are light years behind and no amount of money will fix it.

None of it is fun anymore. It will continue to get worse. When does money out way the college experiences for our athletes?

I feel like we would get better players by being able to compete for hardware….rather than paying for them to come to MSU and lose to every big time program.

There are about 80 schools in the country that would give their right testicle to be in the SEC. And that's all you really need to know about whether we benefit from being in the SEC or not.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I hear you. However our best chance at National Championships still lies in the SEC. The days of winning conference championships is no longer a big deal. It doesn't even determine your post season standings anymore. If you go to a CUSA you will only be like Memphis. Going to any other conference won't improve your chances.

Now the majority of SEC schools could fight to have some sort of rules that level the playing field within the conference. Those bottom 10 (currently 8 schools have voting power over those top 6 (Currently 4) and they should use that. Maybe a budget cap of some sort and a capital improvement cap That can try to level the playing field.

Finally an adult.

im not sure what the fix is but it’s broken. I can hear that it’s 17ed up….I can smell that it’s 17ed up…just waiting on the light so we can fix it.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
It would be great for student recruiting. Come to OM and watch SEC competition. Or come to State and watch Wake Forest. Electric!

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
The SEC absolutely is the best thing going for us, but we do have an alumni giving a **** problem, I'll give you that. We never have anyone at the top that can ever seem to get everyone going in the same direction.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
It would be great for student recruiting. Come to OM and watch SEC competition. Or come to State and watch Wake Forest. Electric!

Wake Forest had an electric passing game and would have beat an SEC school during its bowl game had Jimbo not have made a business decision

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012
Last edited:

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
There are about 80 schools in the country that would give their right testicle to be in the SEC. And that's all you really need to know about whether we benefit from being in the SEC or not.

And there’s 80 other schools who have a better experience for their alumni and student athletes….rather than being in a predestined predicament.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
What "hardware" would we be competing for outside the SEC. We would have to be completely addled in the brain (or Lettuce) to leave the SEC. At least when we tee it up or toss it up the games have meaning. Beating G5 teams is what we do for weeks off. I guess you would be happy to see our programs lowered to their level and look up to SEC competition????

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
If the OP is a fan of MSU, I have to ask… what year(s) did you become a fan. It’s not like there was ever an era where we were dominant in football and winning championships in basketball at the same time. If it was good enough for you then, what’s the problem now?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
And there’s 80 other schools who have a better experience for their alumni and student athletes….rather than being in a predestined predicament.

So playing Alabama in a packed stadium on ESPN in prime time is a worse experience than playing against Boston College in front of 15,000 people on Bally Sports at 11 AM?

You may believe that, and that's fine. But most of our alumni and student athletes do not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login