It's official: Loggains as OC

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I'm going to take a positive approach and point out that Beamer signed him to a 3-year contract, not the 2-year that Satterfield had. And he was not willing to extend Satterfield's last year, according to what I read. Beamer must have really wanted him. I'm thinking that Beamer must have liked what he heard from both Briles and Pittman. As Chris Clark wrote this week, the offense under Satterfield has been "largely inconsistent". So, I'm going to expect improvement.

ROP1940

Feb 13, 2022
No wonder everyone is leaving. That's the sorriest hire in the Tanner era and thats saying something.
How about Muschcamp, Satterfield, Kingstin(B B) Go back to Roper in the Spurrier era, Bo BO just to name a few. At least let him warm up on the sidelines before we shoot him. Just saying. Merry Christmas

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I'm going to take a positive approach and point out that Beamer signed him to a 3-year contract, not the 2-year that Satterfield had. And he was not willing to extend Satterfield's last year, according to what I read. Beamer must have really wanted him. I'm thinking that Beamer must have liked what he heard from both Briles and Pittman. As Chris Clark wrote this week, the offense under Satterfield has been "largely inconsistent". So, I'm going to expect improvement.
I would also bet that Shane called the GMs at the professional teams that Loggains coached at.

Reactions: gamecock stock

ROP1940

Feb 13, 2022
Yeah, I think his best attribute is he's NOT Satterfield.

I agree with highlighting the longevity of his nfl career, because the results during that time were not good.

2016 Bears OC: 17ppg (28th/32)
2017 Bears OC: 16.5ppg (29th/32)
2018 Dolphins OC: 19.9ppg (26th/32)
2019 Jets OC: 17.2ppg (31st/32)
2020 Jets OC: 15.2ppg (32nd/32)
2021: ARK TE Coach

And one publication named him the worst play caller in the NFL.

From another thread:
The good recruiter slant? That is the kind of comment that can be said and argued of most coaches, and it's hard to quantify. Was he the primary recruiter, was the school already a favorite for the recruit, was the head coach the real draw, or the offense/defense they run,etc.
Think about it, Sabin or Smart could not win with the teams this guy was with. If he can call a play other than a run up the middle, screen pass behind the line. even after time outs would be an improvement. Only action will convince most of us, does it work or not work.

Reactions: Tngamecock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Think about it, Sabin or Smart could not win with the teams this guy was with. If he can call a play other than a run up the middle, screen pass behind the line. even after time outs would be an improvement. Only action will convince most of us, does it work or not work.

True, true and true.

I will only add that it concerns me to point to talent differential as a reason for his lack of performance, because we will also face a talent differential against a lot of the SEC.

It's a dream, but everyone wants a coach that gets more out of his players, etc.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
Think about it, Sabin or Smart could not win with the teams this guy was with.
In the NFL, everyone has elite pass rushers. If you can't counter that with your offense you're going to have a long season.
What kind of OLs did those teams have? If you can't protect your QB, play calling is mostly irrelevant. Then its time to draft a mobile guy.

I looked at the schedules of those teams Loggains was OC for....some were mediocre/some horrible. Almost every team had multiple QBs during the season which usually isn't a good look.

There really isn't much that can be taken from this. Just like the hiring of Shane, it is unknown.

We should also consider Steve did poorly at Skins, then eventually had good teams here.

Last edited:

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Ahhh, remember when we were glad to be done with Marcus and excited to see who Shane might get as an upgrade?

Then he went out and got a guy that none of us had ever heard of. Indeed, that almost nobody had ever heard of.

I'd say results have been predictable so far.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Ahhh, remember when we were glad to be done with Marcus and excited to see who Shane might get as an upgrade?

Then he went out and got a guy that none of us had ever heard of. Indeed, that almost nobody had ever heard of.

We would never have heard of Shane if his last name wasn't Beamer. Would we?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
We would never have heard of Shane if his last name wasn't Beamer. Would we?

Well, good point. And he had been on staff under Spurrier. Otherwise, he was a journeyman college assistant.

I guess when you've been an assistant for 17 years at 5 different programs and nobody's given you coordinator position, that means something.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Well, good point. And he had been on staff under Spurrier. Otherwise, he was a journeyman college assistant.

I guess when you've been an assistant for 17 years at 5 different programs and nobody's given you coordinator position, that means something.
And was there anything special about his special teams when he was in charge of them? That's a serious question (I'm not trying to be funny). I never saw anything in his background to result in him being put in charge of a SEC football program, ABSOLUTRELY NOTHING!!!!!

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Well, he was a very good assistant under Spurrier.
And nepotism runs rampant in the coaching profession.
You know, we all know, that recruits came to USC for Spurrier. Steve Spurrier was the magnet. And I think Beamer had left before we got Clowney.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
And was there anything special about his special teams when he was in charge of them? That's a serious question (I'm not trying to be funny). I never saw anything in his background to result in him being put in charge of a SEC football program, ABSOLUTRELY NOTHING!!!!!

Here's the question: if he had not coached here under Spurrier, would he have been on our radar at all?

Obviously, the answer is "no". I am not trying to hate on Beamer. I like him a lot and think it would be the perfect situation for us if he found success here. Reality is, though, there's a thousand Shane Beamers in college football. long-time assistants nobody's really heard of who bounce from one program to the next. Always landing a job, but never really distinguishing themselves.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Looking at Beamer's bio, he was Recruiting Coordinator here in 2009 and 2010. The 09 recruiting class was ranked 6th out of 14 SEC teams. The 2010 recruiting class was ranked 14th out of 14 SEC teams. That averages out to 10th out of 14 SEC teams. I'm not trying to "hate" on Beamer either. I like him. And, yes,, it would be perfect for us if he works out. To say he was a "very good assistant" under Spurrier, is, imho, "an "over-the-top" statement. But, we are stuck with him. I accept that.

Last edited:

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Looking at Beamer's bio, he was Recruiting Coordinator here in 2009 and 2010. The 09 recruiting class was ranked 6th out of 14 SEC teams. The 2010 recruiting class was ranked 14th out of 14 SEC teams. That averages out to 10th out of 14 SEC teams. I'm not trying to "hate" on Beamer either. I like him. And, yes,, it would be perfect for us if he works out. To say he was a "very good assistant" under Spurrier, is, imho, "an "over-the-top" statement. But, we are stuck with him. I accept that.
What does a recruiting coordinator actually do? Isn't it mostly administrative?

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
He managed the budget.
It's obvious to me that Beamer made contact with players that were here during his time here. I have no doubt that Shane is personable and someone that the players like. When he asked that they go to bat for him with the Board Of Trustees for the Head Coach job, they did. The rest, as they say, is history.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
It's obvious to me that Beamer made contact with players that were here during his time here. I have no doubt that Shane is personable and someone that the players like. When he asked that they go to bat for him with the Board Of Trustees for the Head Coach job, they did. The rest, as they say, is history.
They might have liked the nutritionist too! And the nutritionist had the exact head coaching experience that Beamer had.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecock stock

Backyard Archer

Joined Aug 15, 2017
Jan 18, 2022

I'm glad you revived this thread. I've had a good laugh at the people claiming we didn't know what we were talking about when we didn't like this hire.

Wonder if these guys calling everyone an idiot can see the irony in their posts.

@Tngamecock
@Satchmo81
@Cocky_Mike

Satchmo81

Joined Feb 5, 2021 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 21, 2022
I'm glad you revived this thread. I've had a good laugh at the people claiming we didn't know what we were talking about when we didn't like this hire.

Wonder if these guys calling everyone an idiot can see the irony in their posts.

@Tngamecock
@Satchmo81
@Cocky_Mike
Ah, Punk’n? Do you have a little envy? Have you been feeding your resentment for 20 mo’s? I see how well you support the program by your Garnet Trust input? Little Bitchez like you Moan & Whine about everything! 😂😂😂

Reactions: Tngamecock

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
It's funny how some ppl post they like Beamer and then point out that he's not a good coach. I guess it's a virtue signal. Kinda like the folks who say they are voting for Trump, but then add don't like him in order to stay in good grace with a certain group of friends.

Reactions: SpurOfTheMoment

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
It's funny how some ppl post they like Beamer and then point out that he's not a good coach. I guess it's a virtue signal. Kinda like the folks who say they are voting for Trump, but then add don't like him in order to stay in good grace with a certain group of friends.
I don't think one has anything to do with the other. 18isTheMan has called Lane Kiffin a douche. Maybe he is. I don't know. I do KNOW I wish we had him.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
We have the most freakish athlete in the game and we target him one time and throw him out of bounds. No WR sweeps, no motion plays at all with him. He needs to touch the ball more, anyway we can get him the ball more.

Reactions: SpurOfTheMoment

SpurOfTheMoment

Jul 10, 2022
We have the most freakish athlete in the game and we target him one time and throw him out of bounds. No WR sweeps, no motion plays at all with him. He needs to touch the ball more, anyway we can get him the ball more.
I second this. Loggains has got to go otherwise Beamer needs to go. No balls

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Do you mean a SEC football program, or our program. Because we haven't been playing like a SEC program in a few years. Time for a change - like TODAY!

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
Maybe that says something about the freakish athletes ability as a football player, specifically a football player on offense? It seems to be becoming more and more apparent that the reason he came to Carolina is because he was promised everything he wanted here. Beamer and Co. never considered telling him "you've never played wide receiver and big time college football isn't the place to learn a new position". His love of track is probably also holding him back as a football player. He doesn't want to gain weight for football because it will slow him down on the track but his natural position in football is edge, LB or maybe safety and he can't play those positions without bulking up some.

It may turn out that he is a freak athlete and that is it.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022

@Tngamecock
@Satchmo81
@Cocky_Mike

Boy, this was a radical take in 2022 now wasn’t it. Glad you nailed me:
You people need to lighten up…..AR fans hoped he would stay. Doubt he will use the Satterfield first 10 game approach. Same people were bitching about the Shane hire….so far it’s working out good. We will see soon how this hire works out…but he gets my support. (Until the first 3 and out😀)

—————————-
9/7/24
Yeah, getting a guy who was in the NFL for years was a dumb move. His play calling has been fine. When no one blocks nothing works. Ask Rattler. Dropped passes at the most in opportune times, missed blocks that blow up run plays, yeah that’s play calling.

But good to see the fire someone crowd out in full force. Let’s see what this year holds. And if the line doesn’t block, everyone is in trouble. I will lead the charge on fire Teasley

Last edited:

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Harbor is a freak, whether he can play WR or not. Can you imagine him at safety? But going back to offense all I’m saying is get him the ball, WR reverse, bubble screen , and of course some deep balls. If for no other reason that to make the defense have to cover it, but also, how will we know what he can do until we get him the ball?

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
That is a radical take.
You do realize that was an old post from December 2022 after beating taters and ut. And Beamer’s first year we didn’t even have a quarterback Muschamp left us in such poor shape. So no, it wasn’t radical at the time.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
You do realize that was an old post from December 2022 after beating taters and ut. And Beamer’s first year we didn’t even have a quarterback Muschamp left us in such poor shape. So no, it wasn’t radical at the time.
Well, you did say you got nailed. 🙂