James Franklin

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I saw three things yesterday postgame that have totally affected my view of James Franklin. First, was the win. Second was when he broke off his postgame interview to give the kicker a sincere embrace with private words. The third was Drew Allar's post game interview where he sung his praise and loyalty to his coach. That was enough for me. I'm now all in with CJF.
Getting lots of love from the announcers on the Eagles/ Cleveland game.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
We all want PSU and CJF to excel.....skeptics, advocates, and everyone in between

I would have punted on 4th and 7 and I would not have played for a field goal in OT with an inexperienced kicker

But both decisions worked out great

I am HAPPY about this. I am glad CJF's decisions turned out well

Some of you guys act like the skeptics don't want PSU and CJF to win....it's ridiculous
Critics can be silenced... temporarily. They're like cockraches, you know they are out there. Even if you don't see them.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Critics can be silenced... temporarily. They're like cockraches, you know they are out there. Even if you don't see them.
How would people have felt about Franklin if PSU would have lost yesterday? Especially when we won 1st downs 28-16 and total yards 518-409? It shouldn't have taken two no calls on PI or a bad pass by Moss at the end of regulation.

How will people feel about Franklin if we lose @ Wisconsin in 2 weeks?

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
I'm pretty sure Riley is paid more than Franklin.
He is. And if he were fired at the end of this year, USC would continue to pay him more than Franklin currently receives for the next seven years. So if ro's (TIC) scenario were to come about, I'm sure that any deal PSU would reach with Riley would have them pay Riley less than they are currently paying Franklin..........unless you think that Riley is worth $18mm or more p.a. Frankly, I could see the nimrods who run PSU doing that.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
How would people have felt about Franklin if PSU would have lost yesterday? Especially when we won 1st downs 28-16 and total yards 518-409? It shouldn't have taken two no calls on PI or a bad pass by Moss at the end of regulation.

Human nature says they will turn on him "in a NY minute. "

Reactions: bdgan

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
He is. And if he were fired at the end of this year, USC would continue to pay him more than Franklin currently receives for the next seven years. So if ro's (TIC) scenario were to come about, I'm sure that any deal PSU would reach with Riley would have them pay Riley less than they are currently paying Franklin..........unless you think that Riley is worth $18mm or more p.a. Frankly, I could see the nimrods who run PSU doing that.
If you think Riley or any other renowned coach is coming to PSU at a discount...for whatever the reason or circumstances...I've got a bridge to sell you .

Reactions: bdgan

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Cannot speak for anyone else, but I will feel the same. Two things would change my stance: the program a) going into the toilet; or b) regularly contending for and from time to time winning championships.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
If Penn State is a blue blood program they will pay the going rate for a HFC. Except for Matt Rhule, who would forfeit his 9M per year deal to give PSU the home town discount it deserves. LOL

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
If Penn State is a blue blood program they will pay the going rate for a HFC. Except for Matt Rhule, who would forfeit his 9M per year deal to give PSU the home town discount it deserves. LOL
No college head coach is making $18+mm, though that could change in two years. Again, ro's scenario was TIC. Somehow I don't see the logic in paying a HC top dollar who was fired from his last gig because he won basically nothing. But this is PSU and they did once-upon-a-time hire Ms. Excellence.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
No college head coach is making $18+mm, though that could change in two years. Again, ro's scenario was TIC. Somehow I don't see the logic in paying a HC top dollar who was fired from his last gig because he won basically nothing. But this is PSU and they did once-upon-a-time hire Ms. Excellence.
Your scenario presumes a discount because a fired coach carries a buyout. That isn't happening. Besides, why are you obsessed with what coaches make? Like any job, they are worth what someone is willing to pay them. I check my bank accounts. I've yet to contribute 1 cent to a coaches salary.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Your scenario presumes a discount because a fired coach carries a buyout. That isn't happening. Besides, why are you obsessed with what coaches make? Like any job, they are worth what someone is willing to pay them. I check my bank accounts. I've yet to contribute 1 cent to a coaches salary.
Yeah, everybody is out there paying fired coaches top dollar. Name one case when that happened, in a 1-2 year time frame from said coach's firing.?

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
I was on it.

I didn’t see what I see now. James has earned the skepticism that I saw from many during the first half.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
Yeah, everybody is out there paying fired coaches top dollar. Name one case when that happened, in a 1-2 year time frame from said coach's firing.?
Rhule for one
Rhule made $5.5mm when he started at Nebraska and is making $6.5mm now. That's not even close to the top of the heap.
His guaranteed money is 74 million over 8 years. Look, I don't really give a ****. If James stays, he'll get a bump after this year. His agent isn't gonna let him slide below #12. If he leaves, PSU can't afford to bring in a no name hopeful to replace him. So they'll pay between 6.5 and 8 M A year. If it's your fantasy to find a discounted coaching staff i understand.

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022

Well considering how many times we have been f d by bad calls/no calls…

It didn’t take just that. This team fought its butts off for the whole 60+ mins. Sometimes putting yourself in a position to have a chance to win helps you find that little bit of good luck as well.

CJF frustrates me to death at times, but I am still a big fan, W or L.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
A lot of folks on here who were pretty quiet that first half when James wasn’t beating USC.
I was, because we were out. I didn't see it until early in the third quarter. I try to watch when I can, but my life doesn't revolve around it.

Pennst8

Oct 25, 2021
When he's gone maybe some people will realize what we

They have a classic trap game off a bye at Wisconsin in two weeks. Can’t overlook that one.
I like the bye before this game. Traveling out and back from USC, then having to go away to Wisconsin back to back would have been pretty tough. I think the week off is coming at a nice time for us.

Reactions: hohmadw1978

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I think it's more important to pay the going rate for elite talent. I think a $5 million coach would do better with 5* talent than a $10 million coach would do with 4* talent.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Rhule made $5.5mm when he started at Nebraska and is making $6.5mm now. That's not even close to the top of the heap.
But I think he's got that team moving in the right direction. Having Raiola for another 2-3 years is big.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login