Jenny Hazelwood lands USM job!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Is it too soon for her daughter to jump into the transfer portal?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"I am honored to have been chosen to lead this Southern Miss Volleyball program," said Hazelwood. "From top notch facilities to great support from athletic administration,

She probably would have been better off not mentioning the facilities, wasn't that found to be funded by the Brett Favre ill gotten funds from the Families First funds that he had to pay back?

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Correct. Not only does Farve have to pay money back, so does the USM Athletic Foundation.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I assume she is also going to keep the Infinity VB club in Jackson going? I don’t know what the ncaa rules are regarding a head coach owning their own club, but it is obviously in all the Mississippi schools’ best interest to keep that club in capable hands.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
It’s a home run hire for Southern Miss as they head to the Sun Belt. But their volleyball program is knee deep in this Families First scandal. Hope the Hazelwood’s got some assurance on that.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
We received a message last night that she would be distancing herself from Infinity per NCAA rules. Brian will own it and they will hire someone to run it.

I wish we could meet in person to have this talk, but I wanted you all to know that I have recently taken the head coaching job at the University of Southern Mississippi. I am sad to not finish the season coaching with IVBA, but will be watching and cheering!!! NCAA rules do not allow me to coach, or I would still help when I could! Know that I am always here and I’m one of y’all’s biggest fans!!! Love you all!! 💞

USM will officially announce tomorrow, so they’ve asked not to post to social media before that. 😊

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
What's this about ^^

Southern Miss somehow managed to build a brand new volleyball stadium with state funds that were intended to be used for welfare.
https://mississippitoday.org/2020/02/27/welfare-program-paid-5-million-for-new-volleyball-center/

At the time it was built, Favre's daughter was on the volleyball team at Southern Miss and he was supposedly helping with the fund raising. We all know how Brett feels entitled to help himself to state funds.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login