Jimmy Buffet - MSU

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I was there! First time I saw Buffett I believe was several years prior to this at USM in the Bennett auditorium for one dollar. He really hadn’t become famous yet. His song Come Monday was just starting to get some play time out in California. “The seas are in my veins, my tradition remains, just glad I don’t live in a Trailer” Yes I’m a old parrot head!

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I've seen a picture of him wearing a Mississippi State jersey next to a plane, but I can't seem to find it

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Good Catch. I saw Buffett at the Hump in 83 or 84. Best Seats I ever had to a concert, front row center. My pals GF at the time was with Musicmakers (?) which put on the concerts at our MSU in the day.

bbqbully

Sep 14, 2008
A bunch of us went from State to Oxford for a Dixie Week concert in 1976. Buffett was the opener for Jerry Jeff Walker. Only indoor concert I’ve been to where you could bring your beer cooler in!

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
We saw him open for Jerry Jeff in 1975 (I think) at the Louisiana Country Music Festival in Baton Rouge. Night time outdoors and crazy

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
Lived down the hall from Fingers Taylor and Freddy Knobloch at Elam Arms when I was in school at USM in '71. Fingers worked for the entity that scheduled shows for USM and often wound up playing his harmonica with the band. My sojourn at USM did not last long. I majored in partying in New Orleans. The only time I ever saw Buffet was at MSU sometime in the early 80s and he did play "Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw"

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
Lived down the hall from Fingers Taylor and Freddy Knobloch at Elam Arms when I was in school at USM in '71. Fingers worked for the entity that scheduled shows for USM and often wound up playing his harmonica with the band. My sojourn at USM did not last long. I majored in partying in New Orleans. The only time I ever saw Buffet was at MSU sometime in the early 80s and he did play "Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw"

Same here! Started off at USM in middle 70’s majored in partying! New Orleans, Ms Coast, Dauphin Island etc my dad graduated from MSU and told me that I was to go to Starkville and get a damn education. Sir yes sir

Big Sheep81

Feb 24, 2008
Saw him at State in 1979. He was drunker than a boiled owl. One of the best shows I've ever seen........

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login