Judkins in the portal...

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
All I can think of now is this:

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I love how people keep asking for salary caps on independent, private LLC collectives or whatever the hell they are. You can repeat reality over and over and some folks just don't get it.
B-b-b-b-b-but the taxes!! That is surely gonna stop the kids from taking all this money!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I think Ole Miss is putting all their chips on 2024, even willing to let a star RB walk to free up cash for other portal guys.

You can't take off a HS recruiting class, but you can decide when to hit the portal hard. For Ole Miss, that is 2024: first year of 12-team playoff, coming off a 10-win season, experienced QB (final season), etc. Plus, they probably think 2024 will be good enough for Kiffin to have options to leave, so no time like the present.

Compare that to State: Whether 2024 is closer to the ceiling or floor, 2025 is likely to be more consequential. It wouldn't be wise for State to blow through the NIL war chest on 2024.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Any salary cap would be instantly shot down by the courts. Only way the pro leagues have one is because they're negotiated with the players unions. There is no players union for college players, and even if (or when) one is formed, why would they give up total unrestricted free agency with no salary cap?
I believe that.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Ole Miss needs better players on defense. Save the cash for those guys.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
I love how people keep asking for salary caps on independent, private LLC collectives or whatever the hell they are. You can repeat reality over and over and some folks just don't get it.
I get it, but I just don’t care for the current model.

I guess I should have just said that instead. It’s crazy to me to ask fans to go beyond their normal contributions (season tickets, apparel, etc.) to fund a collective. Your average person really has no business doing that if all of the financial data on debt and assets I read is true. And that’s fine if you DGAF about your finances I guess or if you’re just super wealthy and it doesn’t matter… but you’re not going to get me to want to reduce my retirement contributions or college fund or savings or anything else I put my money towards to pay a college athlete. I’m sorry. I want us to do well and be competitive, but that should never even have to be encouraged.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Thats ****** as hell to post the catch and release thing. I don’t mind Kiffin but that’s just a lack of respect for a guy that had a huge impact on your win’s total for 2 seasons.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I feel Miss State basically shut him down two games in a row. I hope they overspend too keep him.
He was a non-factor in most SEC games this year. Now…that’s because teams sold out to stop him and their Oline sucked. But, it’s kinda true. He doesn’t have breakaway speed, seems to have lost his hole wiggle he had last year because he looked fat. Those observations may be wrong because I didn’t watch much Ole Miss at all this year. But, I’ve never been impressed with his physical skills. He’s a very solid SEC back, nothing more. He should thank Kiffin for his success.

Btw, I think Dillon Johnson is a better back than Judkins. If injury doesn’t sideline him, he will be a better NfL back too. Late round guy.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Thats ****** as hell to post the catch and release thing. I don’t mind Kiffin but that’s just a lack of respect for a guy that had a huge impact on your win’s total for 2 seasons.
I agree. It tells me he’s pissed. You hate to see it

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
He was a non-factor in most SEC games this year. Now…that’s because teams sold out to stop him and their Oline sucked. But, it’s kinda true. He doesn’t have breakaway speed, seems to have lost his hole wiggle he had last year because he looked fat. Those observations may be wrong because I didn’t watch much Ole Miss at all this year. But, I’ve never been impressed with his physical skills. He’s a very solid SEC back, nothing more. He should thank Kiffin for his success.

Btw, I think Dillon Johnson is a better back than Judkins. If injury doesn’t sideline him, he will be a better NfL back too. Late round guy.
Judkins is the best back in the country. Cheering for DJ but they arent in the same hemisphere.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think Ole Miss is putting all their chips on 2024, even willing to let a star RB walk to free up cash for other portal guys.

You can't take off a HS recruiting class, but you can decide when to hit the portal hard. For Ole Miss, that is 2024: first year of 12-team playoff, coming off a 10-win season, experienced QB (final season), etc. Plus, they probably think 2024 will be good enough for Kiffin to have options to leave, so no time like the present.

Compare that to State: Whether 2024 is closer to the ceiling or floor, 2025 is likely to be more consequential. It wouldn't be wise for State to blow through the NIL war chest on 2024.
Getting into the play off isn't going to be as easy as everyone thinks with them taking the top 6 highest ranked conference champions first. That really only leave six spots. There will be a lot of teams with more historic history than Ole Miss in that line waiting to get in. I personally think the committed is going to take a harder look at the schedule for those six teams.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What needs to happen instead of nil being called nil is for that to change. It's not nil. It's pay for play by collective supported by fans/boosters. That's not nil. Nil is a business using your nil to sell something. They in turn get some of that money. Business, the school, and espn making money off of these guys needs to be paying the nil. Not bob from bogue chitto with a family of four that works down at the plant, John the soy bean farmer from greenwood, or Rick from Vicksburg who works for the gubment but are huge state fans. schools need to make them employees and they get their nil that way. Then you can have caps and contacts.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Getting into the play off isn't going to be as easy as everyone thinks with them taking the top 6 highest ranked conference champions first. That really only leave six spots. There will be a lot of teams with more historic history than Ole Miss in that line waiting to get in. I personally think the committed is going to take a harder look at the schedule for those six teams.
It will be the top 5. That’s already been recommended to the board of managers.

Reactions: GloryDawg

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I see the narrative all over Facebook. The coaching staff planned this. His teammates didn’t like him. He quit during a game. They already have a backup waiting. He was a cancer. Blah blah blah. Spiritchuck leading the charge.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yeah but no one returns what they do. And no contender likely has an easier schedule.
I think in order to get the OHIO states type schools into the seven that schedule is going to hurt them. I really think the committee is going to take that more into account.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Do you really think that “no contact” box means anything? Do you really think great players that aren’t even in the portal aren’t contacted endlessly by other schools?

It wouldn’t be any risk at all for Ole Miss to do that. None that isn’t already there. Or he may actually just be wanting a bigger payday. Either way, he could easily still be back at OM.

If others can recruit our players who aren't even in the portal I can't imagine a checkbox serving as any form of deterrent.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I get it, but I just don’t care for the current model.

I guess I should have just said that instead. It’s crazy to me to ask fans to go beyond their normal contributions (season tickets, apparel, etc.) to fund a collective. Your average person really has no business doing that if all of the financial data on debt and assets I read is true. And that’s fine if you DGAF about your finances I guess or if you’re just super wealthy and it doesn’t matter… but you’re not going to get me to want to reduce my retirement contributions or college fund or savings or anything else I put my money towards to pay a college athlete. I’m sorry. I want us to do well and be competitive, but that should never even have to be encouraged.
B-b-b-but if every fan just gave $1 a day!!!

screw these pre-madonnas

Cutrer

Dec 30, 2023
He may be replaceable, but it is 2100 of rushing yards and 31 touchdowns. you are replacing. They arel putting their best spin on this .

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It will be interesting to see who goes after him. Didn't they just go thru some issues and have to offer him a bigger check ? Good back tho when he is happy.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
I see the narrative all over Facebook. The coaching staff planned this. His teammates didn’t like him. He quit during a game. They already have a backup waiting. He was a cancer. Blah blah blah. Spiritchuck leading the charge.
Yes. And honestly, that’s a dumb move by their PR team.

Even if true— that’s something you either let the teams recruiting him figure out, or if you’re friendly with a coach that asks your opinion, you say it privately.

Doing it publicly shows others that look to transfer in the future it can be done to them as well to make them look bad/affect their offers/money. That may make them less attractive. The days of loyalty are just about over, so something to consider.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Judkins is the best back in the country. Cheering for DJ but they arent in the same hemisphere.
Can’t tell if you are an idiot or just being sarcastic. He averaged 89 yards per game and 4.3 yards per carry in 2023. Just so we are on the same page here, Marks averaged 4.7 yards per carry in 2023 against the same/similar schedule. I could keep going but DJ averaged 5.2 yards a carry with more yards and touchdowns. And…he wasn’t even the starter at the beginning of the year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login