Judkins in the portal...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
And this is why Mississippi State can’t have good things. Our fanbase is lazy and full of lame excuses. Meanwhile schools whose fans are all in, are leaving us behind.
You would get farther with this agenda if you maybe would explain that it is POSSIBLE that TV revenues are now funding all the things our individual donations USED to fund, and that's one way to rationalize fans giving to NIL, which is left unfunded by the school. Basically swapping money around.

But the fact still remains that many people don't donate to anything. They pay for tickets and come to games (and the BC required I guess, so there's that). AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DOING JUST THAT. The big, rich donors and rich former or current pro players absolutely should be responsible for the most giving.

But like I've said before, if you live out of state and never come to Starkville, I can see a little guilt trip there to give back somewhere. Doesn't have to be NIL or even athletics, but something.

Reactions: msudawg1200

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So we’d lose the fundraising contest against 12-14 other schools who all have more alumni, donors, and money.

Who cares? People who see this for what it is don’t really even get that excited about wins and good seasons anymore. That’s the worst part. I’m reduced to watching MSU football just because I like the sport of football in general, and it’s just the most appropriate outlet for that on Saturdays. Regardless of the outcome, I generally am on to the next part of my weekend as soon as its over, if not well before.
Same here.

And that's why I've often stumped for hiring niche coaches who do things differently. But nope, once Cohen left and now Leach is gone, we go right back to trying to do exactly what the other schools do. And we stay where we are at, unless we get lucky and hit on a great coach.

Luka Legend

May 26, 2023
Big money guys shouldn’t need to be motivated by small money people. That’s absurd.
You wouldn't give up 4 $5 coffees or one trip to a Mexican restaurant a month to see the MSU athletics rise?

Also whether they should need to be motivated or not, they're still humans just like you and me, albeit in a different tax bracket. And every human being I know is more apt to pull the wagon if they seen they've got help

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You wouldn't give up 4 $5 coffees or one trip to a Mexican restaurant a month to see the MSU athletics rise?

Also whether they should need to be motivated or not, they're still humans just like you and me, albeit in a different tax bracket. And every human being I know is more apt to pull the wagon if they seen they've got help
No, mainly because I don't feel like it makes a difference. Even if 10K of us did it and it netted 2.5M or whatever @patdog said, we are still likely #12 or #13 in the SEC. Well, 14 or 15 now that Texas and Oklahoma are here.

I have and will probably donate more to MSU baseball in the future, once kids are grown, etc. They actually need it, with their partial scholarships. But I never will for football or basketball, unless I come into FU money one day.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No, mainly because I don't feel like it makes a difference. Even if 10K of us did it and it netted 2.5M or whatever @patdog said, we are still likely #12 or #13 in the SEC. Well, 14 or 15 now that Texas and Oklahoma are here.
It’s also quite humorous to add up hypothetical sums of money like that. At the end of the day, you’re talking about 10,000 people all giving $240 per year for a purpose that serves them no direct or tangible benefit.

Anyone that could execute such a plan just one year, one time would be a billionaire CEO of multiple marketing firms and nonprofits / charities. It’s a total pipe dream. And like you said, even if it were reality, that $2.5 million isn’t going to go very far. The heavy lifting for big time college football programa will always be done by millionaires and billionaires. That’s never changing.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I would give up $20/month to see MSU athletics rise.
I would not give up $20/month so MSU can land some random football player.
This. Especially, when there is no contract holding said player accountable for anything. Crap is stupid.

Luka Legend

May 26, 2023
You cant win a gunfight with no bullets, even half a magazine gives you something to work with. MSU needs more bullets, as it currently stands they've got a rubber band gun. Spend that $20 at BWW I guess.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

17 them…..i’m not giving them 1 red cent to go to college for free and attempt to get a degree for free. when the ******** pushing this new system finally kill the golden goose we’ll all be sorry we let it happen

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Bernie Sanders Vote GIF by Mia Page
The big, rich donors and rich former or current pro players absolutely should be responsible for the most giving.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
I’m sorry to those of you donating. I get that it’s frustrating when others don’t.

This is not what “paying players” was supposed to look like. They wanted money (understandably) because of what they brought in. They’re not getting paid out of what they are bringing in. I’m not funding that— I’m trying to retire early and go on trips with my family.

I’m not buying $5 coffee either. Personally, I’m pretty frugal because I know I’d like to retire early. But, I’m usually donating to some local school or giving money to my kid’s teacher or paying $100 registration fees for a 3 year old to play soccer. I’m inundated with donation requests and feel like I’m getting 50 dollared to death every time I wake up. Every time I open Facebook I see a Go Fund me with some awful story where someone has had a house fire or insurance isn’t covering $50k+ of needed expenses and it breaks my heart- especially when I know them. Or someone’s team wants me to buy a date on the calendar so they don’t have to do an actual fundraiser. Or the church wants to do a renovation.

That’s a long *** version of saying nobody on this board will take kindly to someone saying they are lazy because they don’t want to contribute to some fund to buy college football players. If that were our only concern in life, then maybe. But it still shouldn’t be coming from a collective with fan only donations.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
I dont know about yall... but if i ever hit that Mega Millions...... Mississippi State WILL BE winning a National Championship. Otherwise..... it may never happen.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Same here.

And that's why I've often stumped for hiring niche coaches who do things differently. But nope, once Cohen left and now Leach is gone, we go right back to trying to do exactly what the other schools do. And we stay where we are at, unless we get lucky and hit on a great coach.
Niche stuff is niche for a reason. It doesn't work for the most part.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Or someone’s team wants me to buy a date on the calendar so they don’t have to do an actual fundraiser. Or the church wants to do a renovation.
These requests are dang near just as insulting. If you want to play select sports, sack up and pay up, quit begging everybody else and guilt trip them so little Johnny or little Debbie can have the 'experience'.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login