Judkins in the portal...

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
I heard he was asked to leave. Evidently there is some locker room issues with his entitled arse!

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It will be interesting to see who goes after him. Didn't they just go thru some issues and have to offer him a bigger check ? Good back tho when he is happy.
He will be a bulldog. The other bulldog and not the other bulldog in Louisiana.

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
He gone...wanted a raise, got one somewhere between 700000 and 900000. Then decided to he wanted a lot more, almost double....then it's let out Dart was telling Kiffin he needed to bench Judkins during the Peach Bowl because he was starting **** in the huddles.

Reactions: kired
Feb 25, 2018
Richard Cross said today he was under the impression that everyone was happy last week and an agreement was reached. My message board understanding was athletes/students couldn’t sign said impressions. My impression from listening to Richard was judkins or someone in camp judkins got their panties in a wad and said he’s taking his talents to the highest bidder. I’m also thinking Lane in all his greatness said OK, running backs are a dime a dozen and we can get three for what we’re paying you and without the headache, bye.

Reactions: Luka Legend

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Can’t tell if you are an idiot or just being sarcastic. He averaged 89 yards per game and 4.3 yards per carry in 2023. Just so we are on the same page here, Marks averaged 4.7 yards per carry in 2023 against the same/similar schedule. I could keep going but DJ averaged 5.2 yards a carry with more yards and touchdowns. And…he wasn’t even the starter at the beginning of the year.
Do you watch the games? Judkins is an absolute difference maker. He draws the entire attention of the defense. It’s what makes their passing game go. He wasn’t first team all sec twice in a row for nothing.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
He's a damn good rb. But, in Kiffin's system, good running backs do well.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
He’s a really good player. After his freshman year, I thought he was going to be a GREAT player. I honestly don’t think this will affect their win total much next year, if at all. If they’re smart they’ll use the NIL bucks they’re saving to go get a couple good OL and another back. Still, it’s a kick in the nuts for their ego, which is fun to watch.

Feb 25, 2018
He’s a really good player. After his freshman year, I thought he was going to be a GREAT player. I honestly don’t think this will affect their win total much next year, if at all. If they’re smart they’ll use the NIL bucks they’re saving to go get a couple good OL and another back. Still, it’s a kick in the nuts for their ego, which is fun to watch.
Eagle scholar here also, but state fan. Anyone that kicks rebel ego in the nuts is king, but I’m with you, this is the nil era and when lane got back within cell service from catching fish in Florida and someone told him judkins renigged….lane said 17 him

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I know we all wanna dump on those dirt bags but that is the correct way to handle it. I mean he is a good back and you wanna make him happy but if he keeps pushing you gotta tell him to hit the door. You can't let them buffalo you. I would love to think this will hurt them but it won't. They will replace him in no time. Might even be a good thing for them.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I was just about to post about that. Seems kinda harsh for the HC to post if it’s just for show to flip him back to themselves for pub. That tweet seems like it’s a severed relationship to me
Or he could just be tweeting a fish he caught and threw back.

Luka Legend

May 26, 2023
I get it, but I just don’t care for the current model.

I guess I should have just said that instead. It’s crazy to me to ask fans to go beyond their normal contributions (season tickets, apparel, etc.) to fund a collective. Your average person really has no business doing that if all of the financial data on debt and assets I read is true. And that’s fine if you DGAF about your finances I guess or if you’re just super wealthy and it doesn’t matter… but you’re not going to get me to want to reduce my retirement contributions or college fund or savings or anything else I put my money towards to pay a college athlete. I’m sorry. I want us to do well and be competitive, but that should never even have to be encouraged.
I give 20$ a month, most people spend that on a meal/coffee a week. It's not going to bankrupt me. I don't think anyone is asking people to give more than they can, but you need 20$ donations as much as the big donations. Also if you can show the money people how many of your fans are giving SOMETHING, it makes them think they're not bearing the entire load. JMO

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
money grab ----17 him too ---- 17 this whole system. I'm ok sitting at the bar and watching jeopardy instead of these ********
Then go to the Jeopardy message board and comment on potent potables or something that you “actually care about”

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I don’t know if this true or not. Or if he is leaving or not. I do kind of feel like the English reporter said when Rudolph Hoess flew to England during WW2 to open negotiations with the British. “On the general idea of Nazi leaders giving themselves up I can only say the more the merrier.” The more good players leaving OM the merrier.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I give 20$ a month, most people spend that on a meal/coffee a week. It's not going to bankrupt me. I don't think anyone is asking people to give more than they can, but you need 20$ donations as much as the big donations. Also if you can show the money people how many of your fans are giving SOMETHING, it makes them think they're not bearing the entire load. JMO
I pay to go to games. A bunch of them. I've got a daughter about to graduate from State in May and enter PA school. If I'm giving an "extra" 20 dollars to something it's her fund. This is not what NIL is supposed to be, and if I'm part of the "problem" with Mississippi State athletics so be it. I don't "donate" to my favorite NFL and MLB teams funds to pay salaries. I buy tickets to games and team merchandise.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If 10,000 fans match what you’re doing, that’s $2,400,000. You’re not going to build a winning program with that, but it damn sure makes a real difference.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

patdog

May 28, 2007
I pay to go to games. A bunch of them. I've got a daughter about to graduate from State in May and enter PA school. If I'm giving an "extra" 20 dollars to something it's her fund. This is not what NIL is supposed to be, and if I'm part of the "problem" with Mississippi State athletics so be it. I don't "donate" to my favorite NFL and MLB teams funds to pay salaries. I buy tickets to games and team merchandise.
Honestly, you’d do more good to skip a game of two and donate half of your savings to the NIL fund. And don’t give us this bullsh*t about taking money away from your daughter if you give a measly $20/month. Do what you want with your money. But if your not giving something to NIL, you are part of the problem. I don’t like NIL either. I 17ing hate it. But I donate.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Big money guys shouldn’t need to be motivated by small money people. That’s absurd.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
My 'extra' 20 dollars goes to BDC seat expenses and season tickets in football and baseball. If the BDC would/could start off-setting seat costs with NIL contributions or as soon as I see players plastered on every billboard in Starkville or on tons of local commercials which is actually what NIL is supposed to be, then I'll donate to it. As it is, I'm already paying a helluva lot more than $20/week to see the actual product on the field.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Honestly, you’d do more good to skip a game of two and donate half of your savings to the NIL fund. And don’t give us this bullsh*t about taking money away from your daughter if you give a measly $20/month. Do what you want with your money. But if your not giving something to NIL, you are part of the problem. I don’t like NIL either. I 17ing hate it. But I donate.
Ok, I think I'll give it to the homeless, abused kids, church, or something like that. It's not my job to pay college athletes who already get a free college education. You want to get paid? Go pro. Like I said, I buy tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise, etc. NIL is not supposed to be fans paying salaries of players. It's for the players to make money off the product they provide. So, when are the fans who donate going to be allowed to decide what players get what? I'm not paying for **** performance. This 'NIL' is not going to end well. It's most likely going to destroy college sports and drive fans away in droves. It's already happening.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I heard all this push during the Croom Error too, that if all our alumni would just band together and donate a little to the BC, then it would make a big difference. I bought it back then, not buying today. It didn't make a difference. You know what made a difference? Hiring competent ADs, who hire competent coaches, and big boys giving big money.

NIL is not leeching off regular people trying to make it. It's rich people/companies either giving back or using the players to help them make more money. You want to raise money, you go to them and former players in pro sports. It's that simple. There's a hundred different ways for former players to use NIL to help current players and also help themselves. Heck, if Fletcher Cox really wants to help Yazoo County, he could hire players to advertise for a non-profit that helps do something there, or similar.

Stop this guilt trip on middle class working people. I hear all this about Georgia's collective having so many people, but those people probably have incomes of 500K or more.

Cow College

Aug 21, 2012
I don’t get to make but two or three games a year across all sports so I donate a good deal to NIL. Those that go I can understand why they would be against it. Starkville trips are not cheap and AD office squeezing every penny out they can every where else

patdog

May 28, 2007
I heard all this push during the Croom Error too, that if all our alumni would just band together and donate a little to the BC, then it would make a big difference. I bought it back then, not buying today. It didn't make a difference. You know what made a difference? Hiring competent ADs, who hire competent coaches, and big boys giving big money.

NIL is not leeching off regular people trying to make it. It's rich people/companies either giving back or using the players to help them make more money. You want to raise money, you go to them and former players in pro sports. It's that simple. There's a hundred different ways for former players to use NIL to help current players and also help themselves. Heck, if Fletcher Cox really wants to help Yazoo County, he could hire players to advertise for a non-profit that helps do something there, or similar.

Stop this guilt trip on middle class working people. I hear all this about Georgia's collective having so many people, but those people probably have incomes of 500K or more.
And this is why Mississippi State can’t have good things. Our fanbase is lazy and full of lame excuses. Meanwhile schools whose fans are all in, are leaving us behind.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
17 that. You can brow beat us all you want about us being part of the problem but I'm not going to be a part of this stupid program. I'm not donating to something I hate and think is wrong.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Just one more instance of someone judging others for how they spend their money.
Just one more instance of misdirected blame.
The actual problem here isn't fans who arent willing to pay players more money.

- The actual issue is a lack of clarity and parameters for how 'NIL' can be allocated.
- The actual issue is players can't just be paid directly by schools even though that is what's essentially happening.
- The actual issue is the school and associated NIL groups aren't securing enough large opportunities for the players.

So instead of addressing the actual issue(s), patdog and others misdirect blame and tell common fans they are part of the problem MSU doesn't have larger NIL funds.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
All fans should give more money so other fans can enjoy the outcome of the entertainment…I mean game more. Get real. If you want more money donated, get a raise so you can donate more.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
It's most likely going to destroy college sports and drive fans away in droves. It's already happening.

right here this guy GIF by Choice Hotels

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I give 20$ a month, most people spend that on a meal/coffee a week.
Except…..I actually get satisfaction and sustenance from those things.

I get no satisfaction at all from a good player wearing an MSU jersey solely because we paid them more than school XYZ. College amateur sports, back when they still existed, was always a unique emotional departure from the money-driven corporate horseshít of the real world. There was an emotional element of rooting for guys who were loyal to your school. Now its all dead.

And yes, I know “pay for play” goes back much farther than 2022. But there was not lifechanging money on the line for a player to be able to literally set up his grandchildren for life with the money he made in 17ing college. There was still an element of gamesmanship and honor amongst theives that kept the system in check for the most part.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Just one more instance of someone judging others for how they spend their money.
Just one more instance of misdirected blame.
The actual problem here isn't fans who arent willing to pay players more money.

- The actual issue is a lack of clarity and parameters for how 'NIL' can be allocated.
- The actual issue is players can't just be paid directly by schools even though that is what's essentially happening.
- The actual issue is the school and associated NIL groups aren't securing enough large opportunities for the players.

So instead of addressing the actual issue(s), patdog and others misdirect blame and tell common fans they are part of the problem MSU doesn't have larger NIL funds.
Not judging anyone. You can spend your money however you want to. And you're right about the many issues with the NIL system we have. But the facts are, if we don't get a lot more NIL donors soon, we're going to be battling Vanderbilt for rock bottom most years.

Reactions: The Fatboy

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Not judging anyone. You can spend your money however you want to. And you're right about the many issues with the NIL system we have. But the facts are, if we don't get a lot more NIL donors soon, we're going to be battling Vanderbilt for rock bottom most years.
Not judging? You straight up said that if someone doesn't give money for NIL, then they are part of the problem.
Yeah, thats a judgment. A bad one, but a judgement nonetheless.

Again, your blame is misdirected.
As for battling Vandy, the older I get the less this scare tactic resonates with me. I want to be better than Vandy, sure, but when the other side of things is A&M spending $77MM for their coach to not coach, I easily see I am not interested in living on that crazy train either.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
So we’d lose the fundraising contest against 12-14 other schools who all have more alumni, donors, and money.

Who cares? People who see this for what it is don’t really even get that excited about wins and good seasons anymore. That’s the worst part. I’m reduced to watching MSU football just because I like the sport of football in general, and it’s just the most appropriate outlet for that on Saturdays. Regardless of the outcome, I generally am on to the next part of my weekend as soon as its over, if not well before.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login