Kiffin getting an eight year deal with Ole Miss…

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Dellenger just tweeted that he hasn't signed yet and the offer has been there for several days now. You gotta think the high brass at that school are pretty pissed at him at this point.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Didn’t the State rule that schools can’t get around the 4-year rule by running contracts through their foundations back when they tried to give Tubberville a 10-year deal?

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
I wonder if this means he gets more guaranteed money due to the funding coming from the foundation instead of his place of employment.
After reading that article no school is limited to 4 years. If the college board or president allows the Private foundations to guarantee additional years it is legal. Interesting.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Didn’t the State rule that schools can’t get around the 4-year rule by running contracts through their foundations back when they tried to give Tubberville a 10-year deal?
The state didn’t rule on it. It was shot down by Robert Khayat.

Reactions: Grover777

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
After reading that article no school is limited to 4 years. If the college board or president allows the Private foundations to guarantee additional years it is legal. Interesting.
I believe he was referring to the IHL. If they somehow reversed that ruling, either every school would have the limitation lifted, or we'd end up in court at some point (which this might anyway, given how things go these days).

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
This is good news for us. If he stays, we get to spank that azz for 10 more years. If he goes, we get to get our popcorn out and watch the shitbird fan melt down.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Damn, Lane. Tone deaf or trolling your own fan base.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Keith Carter on Kiffin’s new deal:

"We would not do an 8-year deal," Carter said point blank, "but we do have a rollover stipulation beyond four years through the foundation."

Reactions: patdog

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Keith Carter on Kiffin’s new deal:

"We would not do an 8-year deal," Carter said point blank, "but we do have a rollover stipulation beyond four years through the foundation."
There you go. Whether Dellenger decided to make his headline more dramatic to help UM or because someone who leaked it to him cared more about appearances, I'm not sure.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
The state didn’t rule on it. It was shot down by Robert Khayat.
Per a Google search, we’re both right. Kind of. Khayat didn’t like it so he got the IHL to rule that the contract couldn’t circumvent the 4-year rule. But since that’s not a legal AG opinion or court ruling, I assume the IHL could easily reverse it if it wants to.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Per Ross Dellenger

So can we assume this is what happened? Vain Kiffin’s stock plummeted the last couple weeks. Carter provided a counter offer after Cohen’s initial offer, which was provided after the UNM UAT game. Cohen, who certainly knows intrinsic value and understands not overpaying, did not see the value in Vain that Northern Miss was offering and did not up the ante.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Per a Google search, we’re both right. Kind of. Khayat didn’t like it so he got the IHL to rule that the contract couldn’t circumvent the 4-year rule. But since that’s not a legal AG opinion or court ruling, I assume the IHL could easily reverse it if it wants to.
Right. It just simply never made it there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login