Kiffin is a top target per Brandon Marcello.... AN UPDATE

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Not saying I believe him

Jeff Grimes is now a major target. I had to look the guy up.

Last edited:

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
jim carrey harry GIF

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Hell anyone can play the name game.
I’m going to throw out Freeze AND Bill O’Brien as names to watch.

Reactions: Dawgg

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Pretty big risk for Kiffin to get in bed with the biggest bunch of 17'd in the head, bipolar drama queens this side of Oxford. Imagine finding an even more fickle, prima-donna assemblage of 17wads than Mississippi. If he flips to AU and fails, he's likely had his last big-time gig. I think he waits for a better offer.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The only thing I'm worried about is Saturday Night. Sometimes players get extra motivated when their coach is fired mid season and sometimes they throw in the towel. I bet Las Vegas has spies out monitoring AU Locker Room Attitude.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
If I'm Kiffin I would just as soon stay at OM until a better job comes available. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take another shot at the NFL.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If I'm Kiffin I would just as soon stay at OM until a better job comes available. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take another shot at the NFL.
Is there a better job than one that has you tooling around the campus at Ole Miss? I mean, seriously?
(I really want to add these ****, but I think the question is legit.)

- Why would Lane Kiffin leave Oxford for anything other than a ****-TON of money? He's already had a prestige job(s) at this point.

He's got it made in Oxford: he's winning, and will likely never be in danger of losing his job for having a bad season or several of them.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Pretty big risk for Kiffin to get in bed with the biggest bunch of 17'd in the head, bipolar drama queens this side of Oxford. Imagine finding an even more fickle, prima-donna assemblage of 17wads than Mississippi. If he flips to AU and fails, he's likely had his last big-time gig. I think he waits for a better offer.
I think this is probably right. But I think Kiffin at least gets an eye popping contract out of this.

Aug 15, 2011
Kiffin will jump to Auburn if given the right offer. Power 5 coaches have egos the size of Texas, so worrying about boosters isn't going to go to be an issue in his mind. He'll think he can control/steer them in the direction he wants to go. Auburn won a Natty last decade. They do have a higher ceiling than Ole Miss. Plus, Kiffin gets a chance to stick it to Saban even more.

Dec 23, 2017
Kiffin will jump to Auburn if given the right offer. Power 5 coaches have egos the size of Texas, so worrying about boosters isn't going to go to be an issue in his mind. He'll think he can control/steer them in the direction he wants to go. Auburn won a Natty last decade. They do have a higher ceiling than Ole Miss. Plus, Kiffin gets a chance to stick it to Saban even more.
Saban rebuilt Lane.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Kiffen knows the territory, let's see if he bites.
Should he go, it just show how un-loyal he is .
OM gave him a chance to get back into the Big Time college ranks.
Let's see what happens.
Either way, HE will still be on our schedule.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Lane's not leaving!!!

I brought this up a couple of weeks ago and was chastised for even suggesting such an outrageous idea!

I was asked what could he could not get in Oxford?

I learned to be quiet while the exspurts are talking.

stan marsh hat GIF by South Park
Right on, If you can’t see the financial difference between auburn and ole miss, put the dunce cap on

kiffin to auburn is a done deal

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lane won’t be in Oxford next season
Year 3 of me hearing this. Fact is, there aren't many jobs that have any realistic chance of hiring Kiffin and Auburn is borderline at best. If I'm Cohen, I go after him 100% with all I've got. But Lane's no dummy. He knows what a cluster-17 Auburn is. And he won't even consider leaving for Nebraska or Arizona St. Wisconsin is another borderline job that's open.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Year 3 of me hearing this. Fact is, there aren't many jobs that have any realistic chance of hiring Kiffin and Auburn is borderline at best. If I'm Cohen, I go after him 100% with all I've got. But Lane's no dummy. He knows what a cluster-17 Auburn is. And he won't even consider leaving for Nebraska or Arizona St. Wisconsin is another borderline job that's open.
I never necessarily said it was going to be Auburn, but you know how crazy it gets around here by the time we get near December.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login