Kiffin is a top target per Brandon Marcello.... AN UPDATE

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
Once the new scheduling model gets here, there isn’t going to much difference in conference schedule difficulty across the conference. State and Ole Miss will have tougher schedules than the current ones. Auburn’s difficulty won’t really change. Kiffin is only leaving Ole Miss for an NFL job or a college job with a better chance at making the playoff. Auburn can be that if their boosters are unified.
I’d argue that both our schedules will get easier, especially if the rumors are true that we get to keep Vandy and Kentucky as permanent opponents. I’m pretty excited about rotating Alabama off our schedule. Rumor is that we will have Vandy, MSU and LSU as permanents…no disrespect intended but we can’t ask for better than that in the SEC. Similarly, MSU getting Kentucky, ole miss and whoever else is a pretty good deal for y’all.

Eta: conversely, auburn will likely get stuck with UGA, Alabama and a third team…that draw can’t get any worse.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I know you’re dismissing our schedule because you don’t like Leach and want to downplay any of our accomplishments, but to say our schedule is not difficult is dumb. Road game at current #10 LSU, road game at current #6 Alabama, road game at current #11 Ole Miss, home game with current #3 Georgia. Arkansas most likely will lose only one more game at most and finish either 8-4 or 9-3 and be ranked. Kentucky will also likely finish 8-4 and be ranked or very close to it. What other team in the country has three road games against top 11 teams? Not too many. So yes, our schedule is very difficult this year, whether you want to admit it or not.
Did you miss or discount that HALF our our opponents are at .500 or worse? You are basing your argument on 3 out of 12 games

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Kiffin is not going to lose 4-5 games at Ole Miss. I don't care what his schedule is. He is the real deal as a coach and the Ole Miss NIL group is going to be able to give him what he wants with a lot less headache than he'd have at AU.
If Kiffin wants a quick (albeit DIRTY) national championship, he is likely to do it faster in Oxford than he would on the plains.
Kiffin in Oxford is a 9+ win team every year. I hope he goes, but he'd be a fool to leave that set-up.
Kiffin will never lose four games at ole miss ?

LMAO

ok so now ole miss is alabama ?

he is playing the 55th sos , if he had our schedule he would go 7-5

did you see what LSU did to ole miss ?

colonel reb fans are smoking something

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Kiffin will never lose four games at ole miss ?

LMAO

ok so now ole miss is alabama ?

he is playing the 55th sos , if he had our schedule he would go 7-5

did you see what LSU did to ole miss ?

colonel reb fans are smoking something
I guess it's possible he could lose 4 games every once in a while, but likely only 3 at the most. Kiffin's great, hires great assistants, and will just keep getting better at working the portal and standard recruiting system.
That still doesn't make them Alabama --- not Saban Bama anyway.
They might be LSU --- and, yes, I watched that game in Baton Rouge. It's a tough place to play. We will see how Bama does this weekend. More importantly, we will see how Bama does in Oxford (I'm sure they're not all that happy with their schedule this year.)
Colonel Reb fans are rolling with the Lane Train and if we don't start doing better we are going to get far behind for a long time.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Did you miss or discount that HALF our our opponents are at .500 or worse? You are basing your argument on 3 out of 12 games
I can’t believe I’m arguing with you because you’re just being intentionally obtuse at this point, but you’re counting our four non conference games as teams with .500 or less records (which isn’t even true anymore because Bowling Green is 5-4). So you’re counting non conference cupcakes as proof our schedule isn’t difficult. Every Power 5 team plays non conference cupcakes. We play three top 11 teams on the road. Two more teams we played will most likely be ranked at the end of the season. That’s five ranked teams and possibly two teams in the CFP on our schedule. Nope, not difficult at all.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Luckily our collective has more than tripled in the last week and growing quickly. Auburn is indeed a better job in the grand scheme but there is zero chance he is going there. It's a terrible fit for him and he knows it. He's got a really good team coming back next season and we'll win 10 games again (potentially the 3rd year in a row) at which point he will probably go take a bigger job...but I feel like he knows he can hang out for another year or two and end up at Florida/Texas etc. Taking the Auburn job (a 7) would be plain stupid when he can win another year or two and get a 10...and whether you think he can win 10 games next season doesn't matter because he thinks he can.
If Auburn offers Lane Kiffin the head coach job he's going to Auburn. What a take.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I guess it's possible he could lose 4 games every once in a while, but likely only 3 at the most. Kiffin's great, hires great assistants, and will just keep getting better at working the portal and standard recruiting system.
That still doesn't make them Alabama --- not Saban Bama anyway.
They might be LSU --- and, yes, I watched that game in Baton Rouge. It's a tough place to play. We will see how Bama does this weekend. More importantly, we will see how Bama does in Oxford (I'm sure they're not all that happy with their schedule this year.)
Colonel Reb fans are rolling with the Lane Train and if we don't start doing better we are going to get far behind for a long time.
We played better at LSU than they did, they have befitted from the #55 sos cupcake schedule. They lose 4-5 games next year. No way are they beating Alabama, Georgia or LSU. I doubt they can beat us at home and they will lose one to either Aggie or Arkansas. Arkansas will beat them this year.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I know you’re dismissing our schedule because you don’t like Leach and want to downplay any of our accomplishments, but to say our schedule is not difficult is dumb. Road game at current #10 LSU, road game at current #6 Alabama, road game at current #11 Ole Miss, home game with current #3 Georgia. Arkansas most likely will lose only one more game at most and finish either 8-4 or 9-3 and be ranked. Kentucky will also likely finish 8-4 and be ranked or very close to it. What other team in the country has three road games against top 11 teams? Not too many. So yes, our schedule is very difficult this year, whether you want to admit it or not.
It’s really pathetic people would not admit we have a brutal schedule. What is funny is our schedule is relatively very soft next year, and due to the extra COVID year we will return nearly our entire team minus Forbes, wheat and sharp. 9-10 wins next year for Leach. Yea we will be better but the key difference is strength of schedule. We would be 8-1 with ole miss schedule this year.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
I’d argue that both our schedules will get easier, especially if the rumors are true that we get to keep Vandy and Kentucky as permanent opponents. I’m pretty excited about rotating Alabama off our schedule. Rumor is that we will have Vandy, MSU and LSU as permanents…no disrespect intended but we can’t ask for better than that in the SEC. Similarly, MSU getting Kentucky, ole miss and whoever else is a pretty good deal for y’all.

Eta: conversely, auburn will likely get stuck with UGA, Alabama and a third team…that draw can’t get any worse.
That’s not set in stone. The new rumor is a scheduling model made up of 9 games with permanent, semipermanent, and rotating teams. Basically it’s a 1-2-(2)4 model where the 2’s rotate every 4 years. You still play every team every other year and at every stadium every 4 years. The semipermanent rivals play in 6 of 8 years instead of 4 of 8. It’s complicated but appears to be the best compromise to preserve all of the rivalries in the SEC.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We played better at LSU than they did, they have befitted from the #55 sos cupcake schedule. They lose 4-5 games next year. No way are they beating Alabama, Georgia or LSU. I doubt they can beat us at home and they will lose one to either Aggie or Arkansas. Arkansas will beat them this year.
GroverDude, I hope you are right. But I don't believe you will be. If Kiffin stays in Oxford, they are going to be hellatough for anyone to beat.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
lets Watch next year and see how Kiffin fairs against Bama, Georgia, LSU, Arkansas, MSU on the road and Aggie. i think you will see them get exposed just like they did at LSU. Pretty easy to go 8-1 with their schedule, we would have the same record.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
lets Watch next year and see how Kiffin fairs against Bama, Georgia, LSU, Arkansas, MSU on the road and Aggie. i think you will see them get exposed just like they did at LSU. Pretty easy to go 8-1 with their schedule, we would have the same record.
Well seeing as how we beat Kentucky and they **** stomped you, that would be impossible. Our schedule was front loaded but we also had to wait until November for a bye week and now get to play Bama, Arky and MSU over a 12 day period to end the season. It all evens out...but no, you wouldn't be 8-1 with our schedule. 7-2 at the very best.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
That’s not set in stone. The new rumor is a scheduling model made up of 9 games with permanent, semipermanent, and rotating teams. Basically it’s a 1-2-(2)4 model where the 2’s rotate every 4 years. You still play every team every other year and at every stadium every 4 years. The semipermanent rivals play in 6 of 8 years instead of 4 of 8. It’s complicated but appears to be the best compromise to preserve all of the rivalries in the SEC.
I think that is the old rumor...but hey, they're all rumors and neither of us know shite. No matter what happens I feel like it will be better than playing an SEC West schedule every year.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
If Auburn offers Lane Kiffin the head coach job he's going to Auburn. What a take.
We'll see because they'll definitely offer him the job. I think he's too smart and ambitious to take it. He's going to get another top tier, blueblood job if he waits another year or two. Auburn isn't close to top tier or blueblood in today's environment.

Reactions: patdog

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Well seeing as how we beat Kentucky and they **** stomped you, that would be impossible. Our schedule was front loaded but we also had to wait until November for a bye week and now get to play Bama, Arky and MSU over a 12 day period to end the season. It all evens out...but no, you wouldn't be 8-1 with our schedule. 7-2 at the very best.
You squeezed by uk and Tulsa at home. We would beat uk at home with sharp and Johnson. We certainly would be 8-1

lsu ripped you to shreds 44-3 after first quarter much worse than they did us.

keep trying

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
1-3 at worst against Bama/UGA/LSU. We're not losing to Arky/Aggie at home next year and I'm sorry, but we aren't losing to MSU next year either.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
You squeezed by uk and Tulsa at home. We would beat uk at home with sharp and Johnson. We certainly would be 8-1

lsu ripped you to shreds 44-3 after first quarter much worse than they did us.

keep trying
Man Kentucky ran up the gut against you for all the yards they wanted. You could play them in your back yard or on the moon and they were kicking your ***.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Man Kentucky ran up the gut against you for all the yards they wanted. You could play them in your back yard or on the moon and they were kicking your ***.
Man LSU made you look like the overrated cream puffs that you are

worst run defense in division one. Can’t wait to see Arkansas play you

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Y'all didn't play the same UK team we did and we didn't play the same LSU y'all did. We caught LSU at a better time than everybody other than FSU. We still had them beat despite being out talented, just completely fell apart when they hit us in the mouth a few times. LSU was better by the time y'all played and it showed.

Aside from playing them on the road, Uk got their best RB by far back against us and it changed how their OL looked. Certainly doesn't mean we would have beat them if we had played them at home without him since we played like **** on offense, but just playing them on the road probably changes the result for y'all. So no, 7-2 is not the best case scenario for us with y'alls schedule. 7-2 would certainly be a possibility. If I had to bet, I'd bet that we'd probably have looked much better than y'all against some of the weaker opponents and then **** hte bed against a stronger opponent, possibly UK at home.

I think this is a weird Leach team in that we're not as likely to beat a good team or lose to a ****** team like a lot of his teams. We seem to be safer against ****** teams but our offense just has their balls shrivel up when we face a good defensive team.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
Y'all didn't play the same UK team we did and we didn't play the same LSU y'all did. We caught LSU at a better time than everybody other than FSU. We still had them beat despite being out talented, just completely fell apart when they hit us in the mouth a few times. LSU was better by the time y'all played and it showed.

Aside from playing them on the road, Uk got their best RB by far back against us and it changed how their OL looked. Certainly doesn't mean we would have beat them if we had played them at home without him since we played like **** on offense, but just playing them on the road probably changes the result for y'all. So no, 7-2 is not the best case scenario for us with y'alls schedule. 7-2 would certainly be a possibility. If I had to bet, I'd bet that we'd probably have looked much better than y'all against some of the weaker opponents and then **** hte bed against a stronger opponent, possibly UK at home.

I think this is a weird Leach team in that we're not as likely to beat a good team or lose to a ****** team like a lot of his teams. We seem to be safer against ****** teams but our offense just has their balls shrivel up when we face a good defensive team.
Rodriguez is their best running back and he played against us; we held him under 100 yards. I think you’ve got a good team, I’m not here to flame MSU football. For that matter I wouldn’t be stunned if y’all beat us this year even though it’s in Oxford…we’re very beat up and haven’t played bama and arky yet. I also wouldn’t be stunned if we run the ball for 600 yards. I’m not drawing any conclusions from either of our non con games. Those games only matter if you lose.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
Man LSU made you look like the overrated cream puffs that you are

worst run defense in division one. Can’t wait to see Arkansas play you
I saw you play Kentucky - we aren’t the worst run d in the league by virtue of yours alone. I don’t know if we beat msu this year, but I’d bet my left nut we run for 400 yards it that game.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I saw you play Kentucky - we aren’t the worst run d in the league by virtue of yours alone. I don’t know if we beat msu this year, but I’d bet my left but we run for 400 yards it at game.
Lol I saw you play Tulsa at home, wait till the hogs get a hold of that Swiss cheese defense

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Oct 14, 2021
I can’t believe I’m arguing with you because you’re just being intentionally obtuse at this point, but you’re counting our four non conference games as teams with .500 or less records (which isn’t even true anymore because Bowling Green is 5-4). So you’re counting non conference cupcakes as proof our schedule isn’t difficult. Every Power 5 team plays non conference cupcakes. We play three top 11 teams on the road. Two more teams we played will most likely be ranked at the end of the season. That’s five ranked teams and possibly two teams in the CFP on our schedule. Nope, not difficult at all.
1667585660914.jpeg Hello my degenerate dog buddies! Rebel dong here. Easy schedule for any team who resides in the SEC west? Get real. Mullen the wizard taught us to cupcake that NC side so we can bowl! Kiffin and Leach are great coaches and better than we’ve had maybe ever. Lord knows we both deserve a break. Who’s better this year? Not sure but OM seems to be a giant step behind Alabama, LSU, GA. and Tenn. State maybe as not as far back but neither have the depth and it’s going to show up down the stretch. Going forward hope we can keep these two because it’s fun to watch our programs. Future money wise isn’t great for OM and MSU considering $$$$ Texas and $$$$ Oklahoma joint our party. WTH, worry about that later. Right now just open a bottle of your favorite spirit and enjoy these times. You can be a winner today and suck wind next year considering the free agency. Our records are not bad and ahead of the middle pack. Considering where we’ve been enjoy the ride.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
We'll see because they'll definitely offer him the job. I think he's too smart and ambitious to take it. He's going to get another top tier, blueblood job if he waits another year or two. Auburn isn't close to top tier or blueblood in today's environment.
If Cohen has anything to do with it he won’t get offered the Job. He told Hadad that personally. I’m not saying he’s going to have control of that search, but if he has any say at all Kiffin won’t get the job. If he does get offered he’s going to take it because Auburn is a much better job. Not just a little bit better. They have won a title and played for another in the past 12 years.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
1-3 at worst against Bama/UGA/LSU. We're not losing to Arky/Aggie at home next year and I'm sorry, but we aren't losing to MSU next year either.
So you think ole miss is going to beat any of Georgia, Bama, or an LSU team that just beat you by 30 points in year 1 of a new coaching staff and you see no way you lose the egg bowl on the road? Aren’t you just the beacon of objectivity.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
You need to check your math. Against Bama/UGA/LSU I certainly see where the 3 L's are. Tell us who you will get the one W from.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
So you think ole miss is going to beat any of Georgia, Bama, or an LSU team that just beat you by 30 points in year 1 of a new coaching staff and you see no way you lose the egg bowl on the road? Aren’t you just the beacon of objectivity.
I think we’re going to be really good next year.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
If Cohen has anything to do with it he won’t get offered the Job. He told Hadad that personally. I’m not saying he’s going to have control of that search, but if he has any say at all Kiffin won’t get the job. If he does get offered he’s going to take it because Auburn is a much better job. Not just a little bit better. They have won a title and played for another in the past 12 years.
I seriously doubt cohen has any say in it but I hope he does.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017

How much did yall pay to get Vanderbilt as your permanent? What a joke. You better pray that you get to keep them under the new format.

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
How much did yall pay to get Vanderbilt as your permanent? What a joke. You better pray that you get to keep them under the new format.
I've heard it is the same amount they paid to not play bama and au for 50 years

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I think we’re going to be really good next year.
You’re going to play 5 teams that outrecruit you every single year by a large margin and your arch rival on the road. That’s not a recipe for a big year. Your players may be better than they are this year but your record will not be.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
i respect msdeltareb for not hiding his ole miss loyalty. What is really pathetic are the ole miss fans who pretend to be State fans just to be negative and troll.
a couple of them even use the same name and post on the ole miss board

losers

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
And the difference here is that 9 wins every year gets you a statue made in Oxford, 9 wins every year in the Plains has you on the hot seat. Their boosters have an unrealistic view of where that program is in the pecking order at the moment.
Same thing could have been said about Mullen and our job. If he'd come back in 2018 and won 10 we'd still love him.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
i respect msdeltareb for not hiding his ole miss loyalty. What is really pathetic are the ole miss fans who pretend to be State fans just to be negative and troll.
a couple of them even use the same name and post on the ole miss board

losers
My sentiments as well. At least deltareb has some balls and integrity. We need some enforcement though on tsun trolls though IMO.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
My sentiments as well. At least deltareb has some balls and integrity. We need some enforcement though on tsun trolls though IMO.
Yea there are several on here, especially the ones who have a crying tantrum when you say Kiffin is going to auburn, or the ones who say losing to tenth ranked LSU on the road should get leach fired

guarantee those are col reb trolls

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login