Kiffin post game . . .

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
was asked if he would be at Ole Miss next year and he replied “yes, if it was a court of law, yes”. He then brought up the rumor that Leach was retiring after the game and that must be why Arnett was coaching like it was his last game. He whined about the cover zero blitz and how you never see it and they didn’t adjust. He even mentioned having to have a team meeting to address all the rumors. Lots of poor mouthing like a sore loser that he is. Arnett kicked his 17ing a** then the reporters in the press conference grilles him again. Fun to watch.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
was asked if he would be at Ole Miss next year and he replied “yes, if it was a court of law, yes”. He then brought up the rumor that Leach was retiring after the game and that must be why Arnett was coaching like it was his last game. He whined about the cover zero blitz and how you never see it and they didn’t adjust. He even mentioned having to have a team meeting to address all the rumors. Lots of poor mouthing like a sore loser that he is. Arnett kicked his 17ing a** then the reporters in the press conference grilles him again. Fun to watch.
Spoiled, petulant brat. Needed his a s s whipped more as a child.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I know Leach gets a lot of grief over his less than stellar press conferences as far as talking about the game or practice but I’d rather see that than acting like a whiney brat like this any day.
It is the other side of the coin. He can be a very charismatic, amusing dude... but he's also a little ***** and embarrassing to watch when things don't go right.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It is the other side of the coin. He can be a very charismatic, amusing dude... but he's also a little ***** and embarrassing to watch when things don't go right.
You should see the pre game introductions they do on the jumbo tron. They do something similar to everyone by having their players announce their name, high school, and city, but at the end of it all, they show Lane stepping out of a Limo with shades on and he announces himself "Lane Kiffin, Oxford, MS." It's cringeworthy.

Style over substance with Ole Miss. It's always true but Lane Kiffin is the epitome of that.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
You should see the pre game introductions they do on the jumbo tron. They do something similar to everyone by having their players announce their name, high school, and city, but at the end of it all, they show Lane stepping out of a Limo with shades on and he announces himself "Lane Kiffin, Oxford, MS." It's cringeworthy.

Style over substance with Ole Miss. It's always true but Lane Kiffin is the epitome of that.
Holy 17ing christ that has to be embarrassing for them. And 100% on brand.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I know Leach gets a lot of grief over his less than stellar press conferences as far as talking about the game or practice but I’d rather see that than acting like a whiney brat like this any day.
Our reporters ask boring questions too. Their questions show little insight , just surface level cliche stuff.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

Do they really do that?

Reactions: BigDawg0074

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I think Leach will maintain a better program than Kiffin over the long term. The dude is full of shite and will inevitably embarrass them and himself time after time. They are perfect for each other.

Reactions: HRMSU and NTDawg

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Yes. And all their fans scream like 12 year old girls watching the Beatles. They all deserve each other....I hope Kiffin is there for 10 years.
Only if there's a Mullen-like job rumor and coaching shutdown every year.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Just a weekly snooze fest. I’d be dreading those things too. It’s like a weekly employee meeting where nothing is really going on but you have to go through the formalities. Leachs stories are more interesting than the questions.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
That was great. That guy was a Washington huskies troll who had been bashing WSU for decades.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That was great. That guy was a Washington huskies troll who had been bashing WSU for decades.

Not sure he was a Huskies troll. John Blanchette of the Spokesman Review in Spokane, eastern Washington where Gonzaga is and much closer to Pullman than Seattle.

I think that's a pretty liberal paper and town so there may be a political rub there, but Leach lost 7 straight Apple Cups (UW-WSU). Can you imagine him even surviving long enough here to lose 7 Egg Bowls?

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Yes he is anti WSU for decades, Leachs comments were applauded by the WSU fan base as long overdue

i can imagine taking over one of the worst programs in the country from Paul Wolff who was 9-40 and giving WSU their best run in 30 years. Albeit with 2 and 3 star players while Chris Peterson had talented rosters with nfl players up and down his defensive line. Washington was just a much better program. It would be like Ohio state and Cincinnati.

leachsmrival,at tech was Texas a and m and he dominated that series.
all in all, what leach did at WSU was amazing

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchdawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yes he is anti WSU for decades, Leachs comments were applauded by the WSU fan base as long overdue

i can imagine taking over one of the worst programs in the country from Paul Wolff who was 9-40 and giving WSU their best run in 30 years. Albeit with 2 and 3 star players while Chris Peterson had talented rosters with nfl players up and down his defensive line. Washington was just a much better program. It would be like Ohio state and Cincinnati.

leachsmrival,at tech was Texas a and m and he dominated that series.
all in all, what leach did at WSU was amazing

You don't have to convince me he's a really solid coach. I think he is obviously. But if you lose 7 straight rivalry games by an average of double digits, it's a sportswriters job to ask questions.

I'm not defending the sportswriter. He may be a massive prick. I don't live anywhere near Spokane and can't judge.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012

1000% true.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I remember seeing a post about Kiffen on a USC board when he was an assistant under Pete Carroll. I don't remember the exact context but they were discussing something that involved Kiffen's position in the football world. One poster said that the trouble with Kiffen is that he was born on third base but he thinks he got there on his own. There were several posters on that board that called him the GOAT boy.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
The phrase, one of my favorites, is "he was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple." Definitely applies to Kiffin.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login